Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

I have to get this lawyer. Isn't he the same guy that got that little whore Casey Anthony off? Word on the street is that he looks for Bush and Trump voters for his Jury pool. Man he could have a field day on this site. He would never lose a case again. The guy is a winner. Only he could think of Casey being forced to blow her father and have twelve nitwits believe it. Jury notices in the mail fellas. This guy knows stupid.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

It really wasn't that great of a case against him, just the words of some criminal which didn't mean much.

Lawrence Phillips and Aaron Hernandez...2 former NFL players that killed themselves in prison.

OJ will never. He will probably be out at the end of this year.

But it's certainly not a good image for the NFL.
    Cmon, how many THOUSANDS of people have played in the NFL over the last 20-30 years? They are not all going to be saints. Considering the violent nature of the NFL, it's actually pretty amazing there hasn't been more than two stories like this.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28607

Appeals Court will vacate his murder conviction now his dead......

Said Victims cant get any of his money now....

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    Cmon, how many THOUSANDS of people have played in the NFL over the last 20-30 years? They are not all going to be saints. Considering the violent nature of the NFL, it's actually pretty amazing there hasn't been more than two stories like this.
    How many NHL, NBA, MLB are in prison for murder though? I forgot about that scumbag Rae Carruth too.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

It really wasn't that great of a case against him, just the words of some criminal which didn't mean much.

Brain trauma from football is proven to effect behavior for past and retired linesmen whom went helmet to helmet with every play.. While Aaron Hernandez was a tightend and on the line I doubt his frontal lobe got worked enough to effect his behavior..

He was to young and wasn't in the league long enough I believe to experience those types of effects and injures like the old school players did... He was a thug by nature and that is how the story ends..

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how an inmate can hang themselves in a prison cell??? Most cells have nothing to attach a sheet to in the ceiling. No light fixtures, metal supports, etc. It not that easy to just hang yourself. You need enough slack or body weight to snap your neck. I don't believe Hernandez, Phillips or that black lady in Texas (Sandra Bland) did it on their own. It doesn't make sense from an engineering stand point. Especially Phillips... Hanging from a seated position? GTFOH.

According to the final coroner's report, which was obtained by USA Today, Phillips hanged himself with a bed sheet that had been ripped in half. The sheet was knotted and tied around his neck.
    When an officer at the prison discovered Phillips on Jan. 13, he was found hanging in a seated position from a television shelf that was less than five feet tall. Phillips also had a note on his chest.
    "After completing an investigation in conjunction with the California Department of Corrections, the death of Lawrence Lamond Phillips was determined to be a suicide," the coroner's report stated, via Omaha.com.
    The note on Phillips' chest said "Do Not Resuscitate," according to the report.
    I've read up on hangings and it's not that difficult to do if you are able to tighten the ligature in the right place on your neck. Robin Williams hung himself from the same way - in a seated position. All you'd need to do would be to wrap the sheet around your neck at the right spot and almost lean into the knot. Let the knot cut off blood flow to your brain. You'd pass out in less than a minute if you did it properly. Then, if the knot is tight enough, you probably wouldn't come out of it or be able to revive yourself.

I think seated hanging is probably a lot more stressful way to die, than a drop hanging that breaks your neck. Drop hanging is instantaneous if done right. Seated hanging is essentially trying to get yourself to pass out before you actually feel the pain of strangling yourself. Seated hanging does not break your neck.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    don't get cuse started

I read Dwight's comment, and my brain flipped into anger mode for a second there. Then you pop up next. Hah, gave me a laugh at least, but my BP skyrocketed per the usual mention of that damn game.

I wouldn't be stealing detox drinks for druggies if not for the.....nevermind. I don't do that. Meant that I buy em for them. All is well in Cuse land. Good samaritan over here.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I have to get this lawyer. Isn't he the same guy that got that little whore Casey Anthony off? Word on the street is that he looks for Bush and Trump voters for his Jury pool. Man he could have a field day on this site. He would never lose a case again. The guy is a winner. Only he could think of Casey being forced to blow her father and have twelve nitwits believe it. Jury notices in the mail fellas. This guy knows stupid.
    That guy is the Hispanic Johnny Cochran. I knew quick that he was gonna win. He ran circles around the prosecutors. Too much reasonable doubt and he nailed it all, and then some.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I think the new jail policy should be to issue every violent inmate with a lengthy jail term - a 6 foot length of rope and install a strong hook at the top of each ceiling cell above each bed just in reach to make it easy.. Give each inmate a "how to guide on how to tie a noose knot"..

Let it be known the rope can never leave the jail cell though...

Let it be a personal choice I say.. Call me ruthless and insensitive and I'll understand ...

thellama

He was to young and wasn't in the league long enough I believe to experience those types of effects and injures like the old school players did... He was a thug by nature and that is how the story ends..
    CTE effects everyone from high school level players to college players, look up Michael Keck who had been playing tackle football from the age of 6. These younger players might actually be more at risk than the old school players because they started at such a young age when the brain was at it's most vulnerable. Kids playing football that young should be criminal now that we know what we know about brain injuries.

I would hope his family would donate his brain to the institute to get it looked at, but probably not. Not saying that it's an excuse, and I actually think his thug buddies and drug abuse led him down this path... but you can't rule it out if you don't look. It could be the reason why someone so talented made decisions that rational, healthy human beings couldn't even fathom.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    Appeals Court will vacate his murder conviction now his dead......

Said Victims cant get any of his money now....
    He may not be found guilty of murder in a criminal court just like OJ.

The alleged victims can still file a wrongful death suit against his estate.

Criminal and Civil courts are completely different with different standards of review.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Death's easy, life's difficult....

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5369

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Wasn't there talk of him involved with gangs back in college? I'm a 100% believer in CTE, strong enough that I don't intend to let my son play football when he gets older, but IMO there is a 0% chance that had anything to do with Hernandez being a POS murdering gangster. It doesn't add up, there's just no way.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I've read up on hangings and it's not that difficult to do if you are able to tighten the ligature in the right place on your neck. Robin Williams hung himself from the same way - in a seated position. All you'd need to do would be to wrap the sheet around your neck at the right spot and almost lean into the knot. Let the knot cut off blood flow to your brain. You'd pass out in less than a minute if you did it properly. Then, if the knot is tight enough, you probably wouldn't come out of it or be able to revive yourself.

I think seated hanging is probably a lot more stressful way to die, than a drop hanging that breaks your neck. Drop hanging is instantaneous if done right. Seated hanging is essentially trying to get yourself to pass out before you actually feel the pain of strangling yourself. Seated hanging does not break your neck.
    It sounds much less stressful but how many people can sit still and stop breathing? It seems like natural tendencies are to fight for your last breath, even if you don't want to live.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5369

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Wasn't there talk of him involved with gangs back in college? I'm a 100% believer in CTE, strong enough that I don't intend to let my son play football when he gets older, but IMO there is a 0% chance that had anything to do with Hernandez being a POS murdering gangster. It doesn't add up, there's just no way.
    The guy was involved with gangs in Connecticut before he even went to college. Getting hit in the head had nothing to do with this. The guy was a thug. A really bad person who just happened to be good at football. That is all.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

CTE effects everyone from high school level players to college players, look up Michael Keck who had been playing tackle football from the age of 6. These younger players might actually be more at risk than the old school players because they started at such a young age when the brain was at it's most vulnerable. Kids playing football that young should be criminal now that we know what we know about brain injuries.

I would hope his family would donate his brain to the institute to get it looked at, but probably not. Not saying that it's an excuse, and I actually think his thug buddies and drug abuse led him down this path... but you can't rule it out if you don't look. It could be the reason why someone so talented made decisions that rational, healthy human beings couldn't even fathom.
    Well I guess we gotta go by the numbers and facts then.. The numbers meaning how many star football players commit multiple murders and get multiple life sentences after signing a 40 million dollar contract?.. One player and his name is Aaron Hernandez... He clearly yearned to be a gangster from what I've read and seen.. He associated with gang members as well off the football field..

I doubt he had real brain damage causing aggressive behavior from playing football.. Besides the helmets and protocol for concussions are far better now then in the past..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    The guy was involved with gangs in Connecticut before he even went to college. Getting hit in the head had nothing to do with this. The guy was a thug. A really bad person who just happened to be good at football. That is all.
    Yep he was a bad guy to begin with.. Had nothing to do with his brain being damaged from playing football..

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

He should have called Michael Scofield. Could have gotten him out

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Baez loves the limelight. Not to mention good at finding a flaw in the truth... and shifting momentum.

Don't know if this would have any value to go after the State? Only he would know.

This might be quite interesting.

thellama

I doubt he had real brain damage causing aggressive behavior from playing football.. Besides the helmets and protocol for concussions are far better now then in the past..
    Guy played football his whole life, CTE is a cumulative disease, people just don't put on an NFL helmet and it cures 10 years of Pop Warner and HS football. I dont think he had anything wrong with him either, but like I said, doesn't hurt to look. It's not like he needs his brain anymore. He didnt use it much to begin with. A good reason for his family to do it is to perhaps shield them against civil suits. They should have it looked at and cross their fingers they find something wrong with it.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Guy played football his whole life, CTE is a cumulative disease, people just don't put on an NFL helmet and it cures 10 years of Pop Warner and HS football. I dont think he had anything wrong with him either, but like I said, doesn't hurt to look. It's not like he needs his brain anymore. He didnt use it much to begin with. A good reason for his family to do it is to perhaps shield them against civil suits. They should have it looked at and cross their fingers they find something wrong with it.
    He does have that sloping forehead which could have been caused by genetic defect in turn limiting normal frontal lobe development of his brain.. This in effect causing increased aggressive behavior and or lack of self control and empathy....

So I think it's probably more of a genetic defect at birth then applied damage brought on by football repetitive head collisions.. A brain autopsy is in order I agree..

miltonschwartz
    miltonschwartz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

bingo. i crossed paths with a few of these types growing up playing football. there was a kid on my freshman football team who shot and killed a police officer im not even shitting you. the kid was a gangbanger that just happened to be a fuking monster of a runningback/linebacker
    Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

Aaron Hernandez.
    Drafted at 20.
    Multimillionaire at 22.
    Convicted of murder at 25.
    Dead at 27.
    The choices you make matter.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    Death's easy, life's difficult....
    I gotta disagree. It's hard as hell to make the move to kill yourself. People make a joke of it. Not singling you out as I don't even know you, and probably a jokingly comment not even directed towards suicide. But, when you wanna do it, it's slightly difficult to go through with it.

You can be in a terrible spot in life, and keep rolling. Well, in the USA and other developed countries. Death is hard to do to yourself, otherwise I'd be gone. I may be a bitch, who knows. 20-30 seconds before you pass out, then your body flailing for life. I'm not sure how he pulled it off with a sheet, but gives my big ass hope that I won't break off, and be a vegetable. Well, I know how he did, but damn he's a big dude for a sheet, and a window. Though this one is iffy. I just don't see it, but who the hell knows.

Plaza23

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It sounds much less stressful but how many people can sit still and stop breathing? It seems like natural tendencies are to fight for your last breath, even if you don't want to live.
    Well I think when you have the noose around your neck for a seated hanging position, you are actually breathing as the noose constricts blood flow to the brain. It's like being put into a sleeper hold. You can still breathe, but what is going to kill you (and actually make you pass out first) is cutting off blood flow to the brain:

Short drop/suspension hanging achieves death by cutting off the oxygen supply to the brain and body (asphyxiation) and/or the compression of the arteries (carotid and vertebral) and veins (jugular) in the neck. It requires little or no drop, as death is achieved simply by constriction of the trachea and/or the blood vessels. Indeed, a shorter drop is preferable for this method as it places less strain on the neck muscles.

Whilst generally the literature considers asphyxiation via constriction of the airway as the main cause of death in short drop hanging, Stone1 does discuss how short drop hanging can take place without the pain and discomfort of the airway being blocked. The idea is to have enough pressure from the noose on the right side of the head, just below the jaw, to constrict the carotid artery. Interrupting the blood flow to the brain causes swift unconsciousness (in 15 seconds or less2), then what should be death in five to ten minutes.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 04-20-17 at 03:13 AM.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Aaron Hernandez.
    Drafted at 20.
    Multimillionaire at 22.
    Convicted of murder at 25.
    Dead at 27.
    The choices you make matter.
    Short life. Sad

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

State of Washington I think--- Hung a very big man. His head came off when he dropped.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Now they are saying he was found dead with a Bible verse written on his forehead?

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Now they are saying he was found dead with a Bible verse written on his forehead?

hopefully God found him before his death

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    hopefully God found him before his death
    If he found God right before his death he would have never hung himself.. Suicide is a mortal sin especially in your prime years and for no other reason then self pity or to escape....

God doesn't put people on this earth to commit suicide last I checked...

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

If he found God ...

did not say that and dont believe in that

but understand your point

First 123456 Last