rockmvp1209
    rockmvp1209's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3931

brad booth went from playing 200/400 no limit to 1/2 no limit....

how does this happen to all the pros...brad booth brian townsend....even lex veldhuis went from playing 1K 2K no limit to playing 22 dollar tourneys on pokerstars....

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Buddy of mine saw booth playing 50/100 other day

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I thought they said he was at Aria with a 50k stack but he is probably in debt

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13815

Brad Booth was probably never a winning player. Always scamming and what not to get rolled. Brian Townsend lost all the money he made many years ago when all the big games switched from NLH to PLO and 8 Game. He was the fish in the those games.

Lots of the very high limits don't run anymore. Lex(RaSZi) was mostly a 2k and 5k PLO player and when he became a Pokerstars pro he focused on making stress free money in the lower games while earning an hourly rate from Pokerstars and making money from his Twitch channel too.

rockmvp1209

brad booth made a video crying 3-5 years ago saying hes sorry for everyone he owes money too..he was literally crying....now hes playing 50/100??? lol

brad's apology from yukon_schmookon on Vimeo.

rockmvp1209

btw anyone remember when chino rheem got staked 100k to play the one drop from guy L. and blew it all in baccarat...i saw him at the hardrock hollywood dude is druggy type skinny...

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

Rock bottom is when guys are playing at the same poker table at poster jakepeavy, the king of freerolls and freeloading.
    Points Awarded:

Jetsfan gave ronald 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by rockmvp1209 View Post
    btw anyone remember when chino rheem got staked 100k to play the one drop from guy L. and blew it all in baccarat...i saw him at the hardrock hollywood dude is druggy type skinny...
    He is pretty much just standard asian skinny whether he does drugs or not.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Broke or not we can never take away the bluff of the century Brad pulled off against Ivey

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Broke or not we can never take away the bluff of the century Brad pulled off against Ivey

I totally agree,one of the best moves anyone has witnessed, alone with Durrr bluff to Ivy in another episode when they played the last hand of the night; nevertheless, that action was an indication of things to come. If he did it because was for TV and make a name for himself, ok, but, many pros so this and took note,I m sure of it. In the long run, reckless poker behaviour has consequences, but poker along cannot be the cause for him to go broke, like in many cases great poker players are affected by their gambling nature , and the environment that they frequent, makes irreparable BR damage.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

i'd like to get one of those cool "vegas" hats with the aces on the it that the fat guy in the pink, on the right, is wearing, to show off the next time I'm in vegas

headband, hat, or whatever, it's pretty cool..... really cool if the lights around the sign "flash" on and off.....
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 04-18-17 at 11:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

SharpAngles gave Auto Donk 19 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SharpAngles

Very true sin. Once you show the world you're a stone cold bluffer it's pretty fkn hard to run a stone cold bluff. If I remember correctly there was a Booth thread on 2p2 way back that detailed sports betting as one of his worst leaks too. Thought he could beat the books NHL betting but went 6 figures into the red.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

all broke

a few with endorsements have some cash

Poker is gambling

gamblers all broke

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

Most were living on Full Tilt money.

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    all broke

a few with endorsements have some cash

Poker is gambling

gamblers all broke
    I strongly disagree with that JJ. I m a poker player, with a +record over 11 years, and still have a good BR to enjoy the game I love.
    Since is a betting game you are partially right, but your logic is not correct since there are a number of variables you have to make in every decision, on a play or more important in money management.
    Sin
    Points Awarded:

MadTiger gave sinmiedo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Miklos gave sinmiedo 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

gamblers all broke

JJ , you recommend pulling all $$$ from offshore and never betting again... and never posting again on SBR ?

jjgold

No

we all have nothing anyway

bet everything

gamblers love to lose Sammy

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I played low stakes w MM after he won it LOL...
    how does this happen to all the pros...brad booth brian townsend....even lex veldhuis went from playing 1K 2K no limit to playing 22 dollar tourneys on pokerstars....

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Brad Booth was probably never a winning player. Always scamming and what not to get rolled. Brian Townsend lost all the money he made many years ago when all the big games switched from NLH to PLO and 8 Game. He was the fish in the those games.
    This is a good Lots of the very high limits don't run anymore. Lex(RaSZi) was mostly a 2k and 5k PLO player and when he became a Pokerstars pro he focused on making stress free money in the lower games while earning an hourly rate from Pokerstars and making money from his Twitch channel too.
    This is a good post, accurate:

1) Brad Booth is a stiff-asaurus. He's bluffing off his stack. What does he care? Not his $$.
    2) Lex is awesome. But I sense that he's trying to take the risk out of gaming.

ChuckyTheGoat

Wow, what a Booth video:

1) On the one hand, I respect a guy for taking responsibility for his actions. Hit rock-bottom.
    2) On the other hand, this is a case-study in degeneracy. Cmon...he STILL thinks he can make it back. "Let's say I make $500k." That's delusional.

ChuckyTheGoat

I like Lex. If u want to see a cool video, listen to the FIRST joe ingram interview. He annihilates Antonio Esfandiari for being a douche.

I watch Lex videos. Don't get the sense that he's broke at all. He did make one intesting comment on his twitch. Said that the classic WSOP "5 bluffs" video killed his image. He had to re-tool his game after that.

On the THIRD joe ingram video, said that he's "33 years old...never had a job." Always gets girls, thinking about different things in life now. He may not be rich, but I think he's financially stable.

jjgold

Biggest pieces of garbage in life are daily poker players

all scammers

all broke

all with 3 roommates but their pros

ChuckyTheGoat

Listen to Booth talking about the famous Ivey-bluff hand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1qPLGms5B4

1:57 "Knowing he has KK, I know he has to fold in that spot."

LOL, rotflmao. First off, how do u KNOW he has KK there? And how the hell do u KNOW he has to fold there?

Why TF would he fold? Booth bet $300k to win $77k (roughly)? GTFOH. Big surprise he went busto.

ChuckyTheGoat

all scammers

all broke

JJ, your posts have been spot-on of late.

But let's not generalize. Some of these guys are super-solid and big-winners.

SharpAngles

all scammers

all broke

As usual jjgold 100% wrong and spreading nonsense, such a fkn

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

brad booth made a video crying 3-5 years ago saying hes sorry for everyone he owes money too..he was literally crying....now hes playing 50/100??? lol

brad's apology from yukon_schmookon on Vimeo.

did polk ever get his $ back?

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post

1:57 "Knowing he has KK, I know he has to fold in that spot."

LOL, rotflmao. First off, how do u KNOW he has KK there? And how the hell do u KNOW he has to fold there?
    If you don't get a "feeling" once in a while you're just gambling with poker. I personally think it's some form of brain waves that we don't understand yet but who knows, like they're so focused on their KK being good or not they subconsciously send out signals that certain people can pick up.

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    brain waves that we don't understand yet
    Considering your low IQ, you'll never understand Waves brain.

jjgold

Very Very few

JJ, your posts have been spot-on of late.

But let's not generalize. Some of these guys are super-solid and big-winners.

SharpAngles

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    Considering your low IQ, you'll never understand Waves brain.
    For fuckin sure I'll never understand a grown ass man scamming welfare and state disability, you got that right small b

Very Very few
    Getting warmer but still pretty fkn cold jj, gather 100 poker players and 100 sports bettors and I guarantee the poker guys are way better human beings

jjgold

Vegas poker pros all bums

It's laughable

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I first met Brad in White Rock, BC about 8 years ago. Walked into Cactus Club and he was sitting at the bar, I had to assume waiting for somebody. I walked up and said hello and the next twenty minutes (while I was waiting for my friend to show up) I heard about half of his life story. That was shortly after the big 'fix' fiasco at the site he was always playing at.

He he and I became pseudo-buddies. Played some 5/5 at the River Rock together when he was around, golf a few times...and met up at some bar out in Mission, BC a few times to play pool. Like most poker/golf/gambling junkies (me included) he was decent at all of the above.

Myself, I was never all that impressed with his poker chops, when I was with him anyway. He played as if $1000 or two wasn't a big loss for him and kind of threw his chips around. I liked having him at the table because he was good for action and I like action poker.

One say say a few years back his Canadian number stopped working....haven't heard from him or seen him since. Nice enough guy but clearly damaged by what he perceieved was him being cheated. I could also tell he was always eyeing me up as a stake-horse....he said a few times drunk 'hey, you should throw me $50k and see what I can turn it into for you'. Let's just say....I was never tempted.

And to the guy earlier in the thread thread that said something Antonio Esfandiari....that guy is the best degen I have EVER met. All class and fun as shit. Ok, he may be a little cocky, but who wouldn't be in his situation. To his friends and the people around him....he was the best. Again, didn't know him well, but met him a number of times and he came to a bunch of our soccer games 12-13 years ago and we would go for drinks afterwards. He also hosted a ton of my buddies at his place down in Vegas a bunch of times and took care of them like they were his family.

jjgold

He is a scumbag

I would be embarrassed to call that guy my friend

Owes everyone money

Stiff

rockmvp1209

Wow, what a Booth video:

1) On the one hand, I respect a guy for taking responsibility for his actions. Hit rock-bottom.
    2) On the other hand, this is a case-study in degeneracy. Cmon...he STILL thinks he can make it back. "Let's say I make $500k." That's delusional.
    i agree "if i make 500k) lol he said that like it was so easy....i keep 250 k lol

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

He is a scumbag

I would be embarrassed to call that guy my friend

Owes everyone money

Stiff

d2d ship me 50k crucial and I will run it up hella large

123 Last