It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

One and not done. Coach Cal

Damn good 30 for 30.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

It's a true testament to his charm that it's so glowing. I bet the director was like "I'm gonna hammer this guy" then sat in a room with him and what we end up getting is a pretty glowing account of his career. He's a scumbag but I wish we had him back. Loved having him at Memphis

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

He is a bitch and good guy if there ever was one.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

I didn't think it was that good of a 30 for 30. Could have condensed it to an hour.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I didn't think it was that good of a 30 for 30. Could have condensed it to an hour.
    Agreed. But it was detailed thoroughly that Cal loves attention, loves doing what others won't, and loves pissing others off. He accomplished ALL 3 and extended it to two hours.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Cal is definitely a polarizing figure but the truth is if he coached your favorite college program most of you would love having him as opposed to the alternative. The man pushes the envelope in order to win and he has had success whereever he's gone in college. As a Kentucky fan I'm pretty happy he's coaching the Cats because UK has a chance to win it all every year even though the one and done rule makes it difficult to sustain long term success because you're constantly starting over.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kentucky will never win again

Cannot win with Frosh vs older teams

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

awful 30 for 3 as usual

Very sad ESPN glorifying/promoting him like they owned a piece if him

and no I would not want him at my school

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Cal is definitely a polarizing figure but the truth is if he coached your favorite college program most of you would love having him as opposed to the alternative. The man pushes the envelope in order to win and he has had success whereever he's gone in college. As a Kentucky fan I'm pretty happy he's coaching the Cats because UK has a chance to win it all every year even though the one and done rule makes it difficult to sustain long term success because you're constantly starting over.
    I would rather have Roy and watch him build teams and actually win titles when they have top teams. Cal gets all the hype and almost every lottery pick and has 1 title in all those years of dominating recruiting. It shows that the one and done method wins regular season games, especially if you are in the SEC, but doesn't win championships. He makes its glorious while he is doing it though, have to give him that. Just waiting for a scandal to surface at Kentucky. There has been one at every stop and no way he gets all these kids year after year on just charm.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Kentucky will never win again

Cannot win with Frosh vs older teams
    While its true that its harder to win with Frosh dominated squads vs experienced teams, I still like Cal's chances to get another one at Kentucky before his career is done because I'll take my chances that talent can win over experience. I think next season will tell alot because UK has some talent coming back along with the top recruiting class in the country again. It won't be easy but Kentucky will be among the favorites come March.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I would rather have Roy and watch him build teams and actually win titles when they have top teams. Cal gets all the hype and almost every lottery pick and has 1 title in all those years of dominating recruiting. It shows that the one and done method wins regular season games, especially if you are in the SEC, but doesn't win championships. He makes its glorious while he is doing it though, have to give him that. Just waiting for a scandal to surface at Kentucky. There has been one at every stop and no way he gets all these kids year after year on just charm.
    Cal was never implicated by the NCAA at Memphis or UMass even though they both vacated wins and Final Four appearences because two young kids made mistakes that they regret. I don't think Cal will ever get UK in hot water especially if its been 8 years at the University without any problem.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Based on pro talent he is a terrible coach year after year