dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Calgary Flames have lost 28 straight in Anaheim

and Anaheim is only -150

I'm wary of data mining but this seems like a pretty significant stat

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Wow. That is one incredibly bad run by Calgary in a league where parity is prevalent.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

And another L again lol

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    And another L again lol
    No I think they come back and win this

*I just jinxed ur reverse jinx

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Big play on the flames ml for me tonight. Anyway cashed on the leafs. Now need those even more.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Flames got screwed with that no goal #homecooking

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Big play on the flames ml for me tonight. Anyway cashed on the leafs. Now need those even more.
    Buy out of your bet at intermission if ducks don't score before end of 2nd Calgary is not winning this game

ronald
    ronald's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8459

What a stupid thread.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by ronald View Post
    What a stupid thread.
    They can't all be classics like your awesome 2800th post celebration thread

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

how about the stoppage time volley from Larin Willy !??!?!?!!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a stupid thread.

ronald

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    They can't all be classics like your awesome 2800th post celebration thread
    Some of my threads are certainly pointless/annoying.

But if you actually believe the premise of your thread, you are downright stupid.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Some of my threads are certainly pointless/annoying.

But if you actually believe the premise of your thread, you are downright stupid.
    Romald did your boyfriend cheat on you with a bear? Why are you so cranky today?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    how about the stoppage time volley from Larin Willy !??!?!?!!
    Very nice

That's what they get for having herbaLife across the front of their jersey

dlowilly

Is that so?

The avg. line over those 28 games was Ducks -162

The odds of winning 27 in a row (you wouldn't count the first loss when the streak started) at -162 is 1 in 433,737

Now, you might say, "Look at all the professional sports teams, there are bound to be some bad streaks like this". Well over the 4 major sports, there are 3,602 possible away streak situations (NHL + NBA + MLB + NFL = (30*29)+(30*29)+(30*29)+(32*31)=3,602

433,737/3,602 = 120

So basically there is a 1 in 120 chance this 28 game in a row statistic is random instead of significant at comparable odds (-162)

Many streaks, such as left handed pitchers on turf against a team with 2 or more switch hitters on an overcast day, are completely worthless. Some have merit though.

Is home court in basketball significant? Why? All the measurements are the same. Same court length, same basket height, same 3 point distance. There are intangibles though, like crowd psychology and familiar peripheral vision while shooting which are significant.

I think there are significant intangibles travelling to Anaheim for Calgary above and beyond home ice advantage, and the numbers say it isn't delusional to think so.

NOW YOU GO

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Anaheim was clearly the way to bet this.....last night I was happy to get such a nice price.

Thanks

ronald

Is that so?

The avg. line over those 28 games was Ducks -162

The odds of winning 27 in a row (you wouldn't count the first loss when the streak started) at -162 is 1 in 433,737

Now, you might say, "Look at all the professional sports teams, there are bound to be some bad streaks like this". Well over the 4 major sports, there are 3,602 possible away streak situations (NHL + NBA + MLB + NFL = (30*29)+(30*29)+(30*29)+(32*31)=3,602

433,737/3,602 = 120

So basically there is a 1 in 120 chance this 28 game in a row statistic is random instead of significant at comparable odds (-162)

Many streaks, such as left handed pitchers on turf against a team with 2 or more switch hitters on an overcast day, are completely worthless. Some have merit though.

Is home court in basketball significant? Why? All the measurements are the same. Same court length, same basket height, same 3 point distance. There are intangibles though, like crowd psychology and familiar peripheral vision while shooting which are significant.

I think there are significant intangibles travelling to Anaheim for Calgary above and beyond home ice advantage, and the numbers say it isn't delusional to think so.

NOW YOU GO
    It's a totally different roster, you moron. Not to mention different coaches, different management, etc. Literally the only constant variable that we're sure of between now and the beginning of the streak is the team name.

Unless you are suggesting that the emblem on their uniform somehow drains energy from the players once they are in Anaheim since ducks are warm blooded animals. But alas, even their logo has changed during the streak.

dlowilly

It's a totally different roster, you moron. Not to mention different coaches, different management, etc. Literally the only constant variable that we're sure of between now and the beginning of the streak is the team name.

Unless you are suggesting that the emblem on their uniform somehow drains energy from the players once they are in Anaheim since ducks are warm blooded animals. But alas, even their logo has changed during the streak.
    You have the same geographical change and the same playing venues (Honda center and Saddledome). Actually I find it hard to believe as an SBR founder you are still this dense. But go ahead and ignore the mathematical evidence I gave and just call me names

dlowilly

Oh and make that 29 in a row

ronald

You have the same geographical change and the same playing venues (Honda center and Saddledome). Actually I find it hard to believe as an SBR founder you are still this dense. But go ahead and ignore the mathematical evidence I gave and just call me names
    I can see I'm not gonna win this battle of wits.

Suitably admonished.

dlowilly

I can see I'm not gonna win this battle of wits.

Suitably admonished.
    The books thank you

ronald

The books thank you
    Speaking of books, which are your top 5 to play at?

dlowilly

Speaking of books, which are your top 5 to play at?
    I used to have outs at all of them 5dimes, bookmaker, betonline, heritage, dsi, bodog, betmania, etc. and some upstarts i was lucky enough to get out of in time. Still have accounts but got all of my money out now since I got blackballed by ** and ** limits are low, and have no interest in doing banking transactions or gambling with bitcoin. Then several of my outs have limited and/or delayed my account. Just use locals now and honestly am doing less gambling these days and concentrating on my own business since the time/payoff is better.

ronald

I used to have outs at all of them 5dimes, bookmaker, betonline, heritage, dsi, bodog, betmania, etc. and some upstarts i was lucky enough to get out of in time. Still have accounts but got all of my money out now since I got blackballed by ** and ** limits are low, and have no interest in doing banking transactions or gambling with bitcoin. Then several of my outs have limited and/or delayed my account. Just use locals now and honestly am doing less gambling these days and concentrating on my own business since the time/payoff is better.
    I have no doubt that this is true.

dlowilly

I have no doubt that this is true.
    Oh yeah I got cutoff and limited because they were making too much off me and felt bad

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

no doubt losing against the same team and same venue that much times would have a psyhcological effect on a team, you would of thought it would be discussed at the flames meetings eg time to break this run of losses

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    no doubt losing against the same team and same venue that much times would have a psyhcological effect on a team, you would of thought it would be discussed at the flames meetings eg time to break this run of losses
    Absolutely

Something is at play here above and beyond a random streak

I'm not saying they have no chance but there is huge value in fading them at Anaheim at these prices

Take for example professional pitchers who throw pickoffs to 1st in the dirt or pro golfers with the yips. If you just looked at overall data for throwing errors or putting it would seem like an unlucky streak but we can logically deduce other things are at work.