jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

US hit IS with largest non-nuclear bomb ever used

WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. forces in Afghanistan on Thursday struck an Islamic State tunnel complex in eastern Afghanistan with "the mother of all bombs," the largest non-nuclear weapon ever used in combat by the U.S. military, Pentagon officials said.

The bomb, known officially as a GBU-43B, or massive ordnance air blast weapon, unleashes 11 tons of explosives. When it was developed in the early 2000s, the Pentagon did a formal review of legal justification for its combat use.

The Pentagon said it had no early estimate of deaths or damage caused by its attack, which President Donald Trump called a "very, very successful mission."

The U.S. military headquarters in Kabul said in a statement that the bomb was dropped at 7:32 p.m. local time Thursday on a tunnel complex in Achin district of Nangarhar province, where the Afghan affiliate of the Islamic State group has been operating. The target was close to the Pakistani border.

The U.S. estimates 600 to 800 IS fighters are present in Afghanistan, mostly in Nangarhar. The U.S. has concentrated heavily on combatting them while also supporting Afghan forces battling the Taliban. Just last week a U.S. Army Special Forces soldier, Staff Sgt. Mark R. De Alencar, 37, of Edgewood, Maryland, was killed in action in Nangarhar.
    Points Awarded:

Frosty gave jjgold 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Welcome to 6 am, will you be having coffee sir?

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

pics?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Good stuff. Obama used to announce to the enemy when we were going to bomb. Trump doing the right thing. Hopefully next time we use some nuclear bombs.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Good stuff. Obama used to announce to the enemy when we were going to bomb. Trump doing the right thing. Hopefully next time we use some nuclear bombs.
    Bin Laden should have split then.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Dirty Sanchez

It normally gets dropped out of a C-130 type of aircraft because as you can see it's loaded by a pallet because of its size...a smaller size one was used during Desert Storm as a Psychological type of weapon. This type of weapon can be used with a 2 mile blast radius an can flatten tunnels, trenches, and anything in its path

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    pics?

Dirty Sanchez

MOAB is the nickname it picked up.....MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    It normally gets dropped out of a C-130 type of aircraft because as you can see it's loaded by a pallet because of its size...a smaller size one was used during Desert Storm as a Psychological type of weapon. This type of weapon can be used with a 2 mile blast radius an can flatten tunnels, trenches, and anything in its path
    Costly, 314 million for that one bomb I read. Seems they spend a heck of alot more to kill peole than keep them alive.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Costly, 314 million for that one bomb I read. Seems they spend a heck of alot more to kill peole than keep them alive.
    That's how much it took for them to develop and build 20 of those.

They cost about 16M per pop.

Good show of power...not sure if they actually killed a lot of terrorists with it, but it's a good thing, even if they just wiped out a whole bunch of tunnels with it.

jtoler

Ahh ok, someone said that on twitter, it did sound steep.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

cmon pal, we have to justify killing people so we are not overrun...earth aint getting any bigger...

Dirty Sanchez

I think its more of a Psyop weapon more than anything else....those things aren't designed for pinpoint accuracy...though it is guided...but when its tossed out the back of a trash hauler it tells you its like dropping a giant truck heading for earth

jjgold

Trump playing for keeps

What a weak Pres Obama was

Trump making him look like a fukkin idiot

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Trump playing for keeps

What a weak Pres Obama was

Trump making him look like a fukkin idiot
    Look like an idiot? Obama is an idiot. Most clueless president this nation has ever had. Thank God he's gone, along with his other shills.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Yes we delivered another message today.. Assad and Kim really don't want this dropped on their heads.. We have a real President boys and girls!!! America gaining respect on the world stage quickly..

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/13/politi...sis-moab-bomb/

The US military has just dropped a big bomb in Afghanistan.
    The GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast, also called the “mother of all bombs” or MOAB for short, is the largest non-nuclear bomb ever used by the US military on the battlefield. The 11-ton weapon was first tested in 2003 but had never been used in combat prior to Thursday — when a US **-130 aircraft dropped one on what it claims was a network of ISIS tunnels.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

It was already bought and paid for. Better to use it than to collect dust.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    Look like an idiot? Obama is an idiot. Most clueless president this nation has ever had. Thank God he's gone, along with his other shills.
    Obama kept us safe. Obama did say "if i watched Fox News and listen to nitwit neocon radio I would think i was clueless too.

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8466

You all do realize that US bombs have been dropping daily in the middle east for years now.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Obama kept us safe. Obama did say "if i watched Fox News and listen to nitwit neocon radio I would think i was clueless too.
    Right... Obama/America was like that big softy that kept giving his lunch money away at school to the bully so he wouldn't get beat up...

Obama played a weak role as leader and chief and just kept us safe enough until he got out of office.. Mean while the world got dangerous, Isis grew, racism was escalating in America, etc...

I feel safer now then I did when Obama just left office.. Trump is standing up for America now and we aren't getting bullied...

That's keeping it real Thor.. We just need the Wall now and those flight bans to stick.

Being soft isn't happening anymore

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-13-17 at 09:04 PM.

jjgold

Obama a jerkoff

Other countries laughed at us

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Obama a jerkoff

Other countries laughed at us

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Right... Obama/America was like that big softy that kept giving his lunch money away at school to the bully so he wouldn't get beat up...

Obama played a weak role as leader and chief and just kept us safe enough until he got out of office.. Mean while the world got dangerous, Isis grew, racism was escalating in America, etc...

I feel safer now then I did when Obama just left office.. Trump is standing up for America now and we aren't getting bullied...

That's keeping it real Thor.. We just need the Wall now and those flight bans to stick.

Isn't that what u assholes use to always say about Bush, how he kept us safe? The other thing you guys use to say is that home ownership was at an all time high and than that bubble burst and ya blamed everyone else. You are aware when it came time to fight Trump ran like a little school girl when he was younger right? Why is it that these guys who ran like pussies when it was their time to fight, like to fight when they are behind a boat load of security?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Isn't that what u assholes use to always say about Bush, how he kept us safe? The other thing you guys use to say is that home ownership was at an all time high and than that bubble burst and ya blamed everyone else. You are aware when it came time to fight Trump ran like a little school girl when he was younger right? Why is it that these guys who ran like pussies when it was their time to fight, like to fight when they are behind a boat load of security?
    Who the fuk would go to war when they had a opportunity at a emperor? Gtfo out of here man. If I was rich as fuk my kids wouldn't go to war....that's reality it's life it always has and always will be that way

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Ive come to realize you dont believe most of what you say, just trolling, its all good.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Gonz312 View Post
    You all do realize that US bombs have been dropping daily in the middle east for years now.
    No they dont realize it, which is the problem.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Well played with the pic Russian Rocket!

Trump should drop a warehouse full of those on Nth Korea, it'd be the greatest troll in history. Rocket can you be his aid on this matter please, it's urgent.

jjgold

Trump is basically letting world know do not fuk with us

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

killed 36 , talk about a bad return on investment lol...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by triplecrown333 View Post
    Two for every million works for me. Not to mention it's more symbolic. Along with destroying a tunnel used to flow into Pakistan, and recruit. Plus, the ones that didn't die probably have a bit of a headache, and some hearing problems today. But hey, let's sit back and stay soft. Fatshit in North Korea may be rethinking his little show on their big day this weekend.

triplecrown333

dunno man, not too tough to bomb shit that cant retaliate...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

dunno man, not too tough to bomb shit that cant retaliate...
    So, just let them grow and have free reign? Running people over with trucks, cutting off heads, shooting up places in the USA, brainwashing kids, and trying to spread everywhere like a plague. Again, it was symbolic to say that the USA is in charge again. Not all of you nitwits everywhere who had it easy for 8 years. 21,600 pounds of a welcome back party.

triplecrown333

okay, fair enough, just use it on the fat penetrate is all i care, rip south korea

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

How the fukk they can so quickly come up with the number of casualties? 36 dead? And they know this because the locals found the time to excavate several hundred tons of rubble in the middle of nowhere within 6 hours, after the bomb got dropped?

What would be left of a body after an 11 ton bomb exploded next to it?

Hmmm.

123 Last