MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Airline needed to keep upping the offer in order for people to give up their seat

Everyone has a price

Now they will pay much more in a settlement

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Gee, maybe the idiot should listen to security. I don't feel bad for this guy, or any jackasses who get clobbered/shot by police because they don't have any respect for authority. Fukk them - show no respect, get no respect. Our world is just a bunch of pussies now a days.
    there's a lot of truth to that statement.

I am guessing he was asked to leave more than once. Probably very calmly and respectfully. United lawyers (if he decides to sue) will likely make that case but it will probably be cheaper to settle out of court.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32186

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Asians will not listen to a black person command
    Quote Originally Posted by bradthebloke View Post
    screams like a hooker just bit his sack
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They should of broke his fukkin legs as an example to listen to orders

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I hear the other 3 passengers that left the flight were given refunds and a free ticket for the next flight. Shit, I would have stood up and raised my hand immediately and told my wife that I'll see her tomorrow.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I hear the other 3 passengers that left the flight were given refunds and a free ticket for the next flight. Shit, I would have stood up and raised my hand immediately and told my wife that I'll see her tomorrow.
    me too almost certainly

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

United is very lucky it wasn't a woman especially a black or mexican woman.

Anyone saying this guy should have just stood up and walked if he didn't want to is a bitch. No other way to put it. Grow some balls and open a history book, or continue raising your boys like little girls. That guy screaming like a bitch has more balls than you.

Kermit

There is another video of this man back on the plane with streams of blood running from his mouth saying "Just Kill Me."

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    United is very lucky it wasn't a woman especially a black or mexican woman.

Anyone saying this guy should have just stood up and walked if he didn't want to is a bitch. No other way to put it. Grow some balls, open a history book or continue raising your boys like little girls. That guy screaming like a bitch has more balls than you.
    They said they had to make room for 4 United Airlines personal. Why couldn't they just take another flight? Doesn't the customer come first? This guy and his family will be flying for free for the rest of their lives.

brooks85

There is another video of this man back on the plane with streams of blood running from his mouth saying "Just Kill Me."

what a champ

people on that plane are bitches but nothing new. Police still billions of dollars without any evidence and public doesn't care until it actually happens to them. If divide and conquer means anything then we've already lost.
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-10-17 at 05:30 PM.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Gee, maybe the idiot should listen to security. I don't feel bad for this guy, or any jackasses who get clobbered/shot by police because they don't have any respect for authority. Fukk them - show no respect, get no respect. Our world is just a bunch of pussies now a days.
    wait....
    your saying he should just listen to security, but apparently he stands up for himself, and that makes him a pussy?
    make up your mind lol

brooks85

They said they had to make room for 4 United Airlines personal. Why couldn't they just take another flight? Doesn't the customer come first?
    like moneylinedawg said the only real solution would have been to keep upping the price. They can't leave their 4 employees there because of the regulations and I'm sure if they didn't make it to Louisville(I think it was) then the possibility of a whole flight being delayed/cancelled is on the table. At least, that better be the reason lol

Once this guy was on the plane it should have been settled, keep raising the price until you get someone to bite. The randomly selected thing is bullshit. I've been on flights where you could offer me 10k and I would still say no because there is not a choice.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

I guess there must be something in the standard contract that says that even if you have a ticketed seat and you follow all the rules, they can just say "so sorry, we're taking your seat."

I was on a (American) flight last week that was 4 overbooked -- they were offering $500 -- minutes before boarding. They asked a few times and the last time I heard the agent literally begged. I guess some folks must have taken it. If I had been kicked off, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been dragged, but I'd have been livid as all hell.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

The guy was a complete jackass and deserved it. When I first started flying, this happened to me and I walked off the fukking plane and got my $1000 airline voucher and was on a plane the next hour or so. Fukking simple.

Also, many of you are stating that it was for "employees" trying to "hitch a ride" which is bullshit. Absolutely not true since the last I checked, United Airlines is a business and the employees were needed in Kentucky to work another flight or it would have been cancelled. United loses money in that situation and just think of THOSE passengers that would have had to be reaccommodated.

The guy was going to get an $800 voucher and a ride on the next flight. I fly all the fukking time as most of you know and people are rude and just nasty to the airline employees and such. If i was on that flight, I would have helped throw that idiot off the plane.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Booya711 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

steady hustlin gave Booya711 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

exactly Kermit....fukk I see it all the time and there is never an issue. This dude got everything he deserved and is not the victim here. United is getting terrible press for no reason.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

poster Deemer can relate to the passenger

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    The guy was a complete jackass and deserved it. When I first started flying, this happened to me and I walked off the fukking plane and got my $1000 airline voucher and was on a plane the next hour or so. Fukking simple.

Also, many of you are stating that it was for "employees" trying to "hitch a ride" which is bullshit. Absolutely not true since the last I checked, United Airlines is a business and the employees were needed in Kentucky to work another flight or it would have been cancelled. United loses money in that situation and just think of THOSE passengers that would have had to be reaccommodated.

The guy was going to get an $800 voucher and a ride on the next flight. I fly all the fukking time as most of you know and people are rude and just nasty to the airline employees and such. If i was on that flight, I would have helped throw that idiot off the plane.
    Did you volunteer to give up your seat for $1,000 or were you forced to take it?

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Just because people have authority. It does not give them power or the right to abuse it. If you believe in this status quo, You should move to a communist country. You can respect the authority all you want.

Is there more to this story? Interested, In the whole story.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    not at all justifying their actions but you gotta know that you have no chance of winning this fight when 3 guys come on board and tell you that you need to leave the airplane. Right or wrong, you are gonna lose this fight no matter what. Best to just get up and leave.

The guy is a genius. Big fat settlement check coming his way and flights for life

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Did you volunteer to give up your seat for $1,000 or were you forced to take it?
    i was forced just like this guy. I had no status and I had a cheap ticket so it was my number. I mean it was frustrating but it was a battle that you won't win, but they still refund your ticket, get you a voucher, and still get you to your destination on the next available flight.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The guy is a genius. Big fat settlement check coming his way and flights for life
    don't be so sure.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Why was he removed?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Airline needed to keep upping the offer in order for people to give up their seat

Everyone has a price

Now they will pay much more in a settlement
    I don't agree with the last sentence, since it is prolly in the contract...but I agree..

they should've kept upping the amount. its their fukkin fault

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post

don't be so sure.
    guy won't be getting shit but a hospital bill. He did say he was a doctor so maybe he can get a discount

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

hes clearly mentally ill
    Removed from society

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

If the other airlines are smart, they should offer to match top tier status United fliers to fly their airlines immediately.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's called involuntarily denied boarding. It happens and sucks and is costly to airlines. If they get a volunteer the compensation due the customer is what's agreed to. If involuntary there are laws that dictate what you get.

This guy was 100% in wrong. He was one of 4 customers united deemed as having a ticket that was worth booting. End of story. He was wrong and really hope United bends him over in court again.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    Just because people have authority. It does not give them power or the right to abuse it. If you believe in this status quo, You should move to a communist country. You can respect the authority all you want.

Is there more to this story? Interested, In the whole story.
    Never said they have the power to do whatever they want. But I'm sure they talked to him plenty before resorting to this. The plane wasn't taking off with him on it. Should United have just cancelled the flight? It sucks, but grow up and get off the plane.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    It's called involuntarily denied boarding. It happens and sucks and is costly to airlines. If they get a volunteer the compensation due the customer is what's agreed to. If involuntary there are laws that dictate what you get.

This guy was 100% in wrong. He was one of 4 customers united deemed as having a ticket that was worth booting. End of story. He was wrong and really hope United bends him over in court again.
    but you have to admit they should have handled it before they boarded?

DwightShrute

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

but you have to admit they should have handled it before they boarded?
    While I agree with you Shruter, the gate agents only start working a flight an hour before departure and boarding usually begins 30 minutes of flight time. This basically leaves 30 minutes for everything that needs to be accomplished for an on time departure. Unfortunately, those minutes are used up by passengers asking dumb questions. Once all those dumbfukks have boarded, that is when they can actually get the important shit done

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

how did the guy get home?

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    how did the guy get home?
    I was reading comments on Facebook and someone said that they let him stay on and fly. I am guessing that another passenger volunteered to get off.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    While I agree with you Shruter, the gate agents only start working a flight an hour before departure and boarding usually begins 30 minutes of flight time. This basically leaves 30 minutes for everything that needs to be accomplished for an on time departure. Unfortunately, those minutes are used up by passengers asking dumb questions. Once all those dumbfukks have boarded, that is when they can actually get the important shit done
    that's true and that's a good point also.

You can go to youtube and watch several thousand instances of people, wrongly or rightly, being asked to leave the plane for a multitude of reasons. Never (or almost never) do you see them winning their argument.

Kermit

I was reading comments on Facebook and someone said that they let him stay on and fly. I am guessing that another passenger volunteered to get off.
    Correction:

Just watched a video of a witness and after he was taken off the plane, he ran back on and and was removed again and did not fly.

http://journaltimes.com/news/nationa...f823062c6.html

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

There is no defense for United the way that they handled this situation.

First 12345 ... Last