PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Is it some big deal to send from Blockchain to Coinbase? Don't see why there would be....
    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I'm not expert, but pretty sure you can just use the bitpay card from blockchain...do NOT go to coinbase

Ro0k
    Ro0k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2492

Quote Originally Posted by billyloco View Post
    Wise Up!!! don't do that crappp!!!!
    Care to elaborate?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Another simple option:

You can buy loads of gift cards with your BTC. You can do it straight from your blockchain.

Amazon money always good to have.

Lots of places to buy stuff here: https://www.egifter.com/giftcards/

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

I use the bitpay app and card. Extremely simple

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post

I have zero exposure/experience with bitcoin but this interests me.

So from what I gather (follow me here please, just trying to make sure I got everything right), I can create accounts at blockchain and coinbase, then buy some btc, transfer it to blockchain, then transfer to heritage. If I happen to win enough to withdraw, I can transfer it back to blockchain and have the balance put on a v card that also works at ATM's where I can withdraw cash, completely bypassing my bank?

How does this work come tax season? Is it worth mentioning to my accountant that I invested in btc?

Thanks in advance.
    That's pretty much correct.

Coinbase ask you for ID and SS so it isn't anonymous but I am not aware of them ever asking anyone to complete a W9 tax form.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by Ro0k View Post
    I have zero exposure/experience with bitcoin but this interests me.

So from what I gather (follow me here please, just trying to make sure I got everything right), I can create accounts at blockchain and coinbase, then buy some btc, transfer it to blockchain, then transfer to heritage. If I happen to win enough to withdraw, I can transfer it back to blockchain and have the balance put on a v card that also works at ATM's where I can withdraw cash, completely bypassing my bank?

How does this work come tax season? Is it worth mentioning to my accountant that I invested in btc?

Thanks in advance.
    So after you won on Heritage you would transfer btc to Blockchain (or whatever intermediary site you want) and then on to Coinbase. The shift card only works with Coinbase. The shift card works like a debit card but you can't withdraw money from an ATM. You can just spend your bitcoin at any location which takes Vi*a.
    As far as taxes are concerned do whatever you are comfortable with. I spent my btc winnings with my shift card and then wrote it all off as business expenses.

Jackson04801
    Jackson04801's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

As far as I have already read on this topic, blockchain would be the best. But have to give it a try

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

I went the BitPay Card Route Myself....after all is set up-----its pretty damn smooth process....
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    I use the bitpay app and card. Extremely simple

First 123