SBR Natalie
    SBR Natalie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16905

SBR Video News Report on a Poster's Racebook Complaint

Please let me know where you lot stand on this matter. Have a great weekend!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

In the original thread about this someone mentioned that Heritage has a rule that only looks at full minutes to determine post time. So if a race went off at 2:03:42 any bets placed before 2:04 exactly still have action.

I guess that leaves a slight hole where shots can be taken at them but I bet they very rarely have these past post bet issues like so many other racebooks suffer.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19575

If they accepted the bet, they should pay up. If they have problems with past-posting, they can end betting one minute before post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If they accepted the bet, they should pay up. If they have problems with past-posting, they can end betting one minute before post.
    Many racebooks do, but that results in player complaints too.

If the racebook offers betting up until the jump you can't expect them to have to have it closed at the exact second they go off in real time.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

only legal books hooked into totes you can bet into the gate

Offshore is not hooked in..REFUND

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

If the racebook offers betting up until the jump you can't expect them to have to have it closed at the exact second they go off in real time.
    if a books policy is you will take bets up until the jump and your late on closing/suspending the bets, its on the book. if your so worried about closing betting late then close betting when the horses are getting set up in the gate

you book the bet you pay the bet

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19575

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

I agree completely but if a book is going to cut it that close, they should pay up on any bet they take; otherwise, they can simply take shots any time they want. As a horseplayer, I would much rather they end betting early.
    Points Awarded:

Kipsy1979 gave DrunkHorseplayer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kipsy1979
    Kipsy1979's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not sure if I'm the one who started this controversy but I've been betting 15 years online horses and never had an issue like this. Every bet I placed was before the official race started. I always wait till just before the race, if your horses off determine the type of bet, it is impairment to do so. Had I ever refunded a losing bet, I possible could have been more accwpting. However I never have. I bet is placed it should be honored! Period! Funny how this only occurred when I won. Coincidence I think not.

Kipsy1979

My problem is that when it comes down to time. Who's to say whether the bet was posted seconds before, or after. What right does the sports book have in saying that. What stops them from doing it at will. I lose a bet I accept. A sports book takes my bet I expect them to honour it. That simple! Anyone who doesn't follow those rules. What's the point of having rules in the first place?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

if they cant take the fukkin line down as soon as it starts, its their fukkin fault and they should not offer bets on it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Did the player have an edge after race started or what is right out of gate?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

ive had all kinda internet problems with sbr poker (should be all fixed now)

and back in the day regular sites had all in disconnects. you could disconnect in 1 sec and action is done

worst case scenario they move races to special servers and fukkin pull the plug for 30sec

Kipsy1979

Right out of the gate. Said I missed it by seconds. No edge for me. Only time they ever called no bet was when I won. It's completely on the book to be on top of when they cut it off. Take the bet. Pay the bet! Only thing I'll accept!

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

Quote Originally Posted by Kipsy1979 View Post
    Right out of the gate. Said I missed it by seconds. No edge for me. Only time they ever called no bet was when I won. It's completely on the book to be on top of when they cut it off. Take the bet. Pay the bet! Only thing I'll accept!
    You're right, buddy! Just take your business somewhere else- fuk them! On the bright side it only cost you $60 to find out they're a bunch of scumbags, coulda been much worse. Play your horses at Wagerweb for now on; that's where I play.