Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14055

Without Thomas the celts wouldn't even be close to where they are. He won't win it but should get a few votes.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Celtics have a team that could challenge for the 8th spot without Thomas. At pg they have Smart & Rozier and solid players at the other spots. Rockets & Thunder would be absolutely dire without their respective leaders ...worse than the last place Nets.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Do any books have odds on this? Would be interesting

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25256

Gotta give it to UCLA...either way though the PAC 12 takes it

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Do any books have odds on this? Would be interesting
    Yeah, Harden odds on favourite. -250 american odds

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Yeah, Harden odds on favourite. -250 american odds
    After last night at 5 Dimes:

Harden -170
    Westbrook +120
    Leonard +1400
    LeBron +1400

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I totally agree that Westbrook should be the runaway MVP when he finishes an entire season averaging a triple-double, but yet he is currently the second choice behind Harden.
    The anti-Russ campaign worked, these people should be destroyed. Would be a travesty if voting played out like that. Guy has a triple double in over half the games played this season.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    The anti-Russ campaign worked, these people should be destroyed. Would be a travesty if voting played out like that. Guy has a triple double in over half the games played this season.
    What does the triple double count have to do with the MVP award? What that tells me is he likes accumulating triple doubles. Their stats are actually very similar... if Harden wanted triple doubles he'd get them without much difficulty.

Westbrook averages 2.5pts more, 2.6 more rebounds. Harden averages 1 more assist.

jtoler

What does the triple double count have to do with the MVP award? What that tells me is he likes accumulating triple doubles. Their stats are actually very similar... if Harden wanted triple doubles he'd get them without much difficulty.

Westbrook averages 2.5pts more, 2.6 more rebounds. Harden averages 1 more assist.
    Easy to say, but it hasnt been done in 50 years so no I dont think Harden could just average a triple double if he wanted to, many guys have come close but havent actually done it. I watch them play, Russ is dominant, many said OKC wouldnt make the playoffs this year. Harden's on a better team also. Even if it was his goal to purposely average a triple double its not like they arnt trying to stop him, he's doing what he wants to do to me that speaks more to dominance than anything. From my standpoint looks to me Harden is making more a concerted effort at numbers, he didnt used to pass like he does, Capela must have 300 alley oops this year, didnt see that last year from Harden anywhere like this year.
    '

IBetYou

He already has the points & assist (easily). You don't think he's capable of averaging a couple rebounds per game more? As a lead guard you can tell your bigs BACK OFF when an easy one comes down. I've never seen Harden do that. Westbrook does that shit all the time. He's also asked to go back in with the game in hand so he can get 1 more rebound or assist -it's well documented. These things matter more to some people than others.

Rebounds are important but I wouldn't say 2 rebounds should decide the vote.

jtoler

He already has the points & assist (easily). You don't think he's capable of averaging a couple rebounds per game more? As a lead guard you can tell your bigs BACK OFF when an easy one comes down. I've never seen Harden do that. Westbrook does that shit all the time. He's also asked to go back in with the game in hand so he can get 1 more rebound or assist -it's well documented. These things matter more to some people than others.

Rebounds are important but I wouldn't say 2 rebounds should decide the vote.
    Well you dont think he'd easily get those 2 rebounds a game to get a triple double? Really? Who wouldnt. Its way more than the triple double though, I like what both have done this year, but to me, the force that Westbrook is and has displayed on the court is more valuable, to me that just means if Russ didnt play like a Tazmanian devil then OKC would be losing games and not in the playoffs. The 2nd best guy Adams or Oladipo in no way imo could pull enough weight to win games if Russ didnt dominate. All of the crazy energy he displays and the numbers he's putting up its needed for this team in order to just be in 6th place seven games from not making the playoffs, if Russ toned it down even a little I dont think they make the playoffs. Thats to take nothing away from Harden, both guys great years, Id just vote for Russ if I had a vote.

jtoler

One other thing, notice whenever they bring up Kawhi they bring up his two way ability, enter his defense into the equation. But when they compare Russ and Harden you never hear them compare their defense, because Harden sucks at it. There is a clear agenda for Russ to not win MVP, I know where this comes from and why, I just always think its funny when the public follow the bread crumbs dropped is all.

IBetYou

Well I'm glad your not talking about stats anymore -those 2 rebounds aren't decisive.

I don't know about the media agenda. I think it's philosophical thing. Would you rather have the athletic player or the skilled player? I think the people that would choose Westbrook over Harden would also choose Wall over Thomas in the East. I'd choose Harden/ Thomas, just as I'd choose Pierce over James about 5+ years ago.

jtoler

If it was philosophical then you would have heard it all year long, not a month before the MVP is chosen, but Russ continued to beast out, its well constructed brother, trust me. They did the same tear down of Cam Newton, they waited and waited around for Carolina to lose, it didnt happen so they rushed in and started the takedown.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Well I'm glad your not talking about stats anymore -those 2 rebounds aren't decisive.

I don't know about the media agenda. I think it's philosophical thing. Would you rather have the athletic player or the skilled player? I think the people that would choose Westbrook over Harden would also choose Wall over Thomas in the East. I'd choose Harden/ Thomas, just as I'd choose Pierce over James about 5+ years ago.
    If it was that easy to get 2 extra rebounds, you don't think Lebron would've done it? That's like saying just average 2 more points and you win the scoring title. To average double figures in 3 statistical categories is insanely difficult and to think a guy can just say, hmmm let me average 2 more rebounds a game....and most people aren't aware Russ averaged 23 pts 10 assts and 7.8 rebs last year. They don't have Durant or Ibaka so the idea his scoring and rebounding wouldn't increase is ludicrous.
    There isn't a player in the nba that has 9 rebounds or assists and doesn't go for the triple double. Dwade was pissed when his teammate stole the last rebound and screwed up a triple double for him. So if you think any player in the nba could average a triple double and "chose" not too, is simply a foolish thought.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Westbrook is the most competitive player in the league without apology. He doesn't care about friendships, the right thing to do etc. It was never more apparent than Kobe's last all star game last year. All this talk about getting Kobe the ball. First shot, Russ takes a 3 and had a determined look on his face that said 'fukk Kobe' and he never stopped and won the game mvp. He wants to be the best and uses every amount of ability he has to do so. And for that people hate him lol. It's ridiculous. I don't see very much difference between the way he plays and the way Kobe did throughout his career.

IBetYou

Your very naive. There's many things you can do if you're hell bent on getting an extra 2 rebounds per game. Hang around the rim more when you're supposed to be glued to a shooter on the perimeter -lots of bigs do this. Then the other thing, scoop up all 50-50 ones between you and your teammates (a.roberson/ s.adams etc).

For a guard to average a trip-double it essentially comes down to the rebounding. Rus has gone for it this year, knowing full well it would enhance his status in the league. He was right in thinking people would go crazy for it. Dilettante sports fans everywhere gawping at the 3*2. Yeah, those two extra rebounds really make a difference.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 03-30-17 at 02:55 PM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Jtoler sounds so paranoid with his "they", and "them", and "those people" sayings throughout this thread.

Dude, it's an MVP voting. I'm pretty sure the illuminati isn't too concerned.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's over

Westbrook in a landslide

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Jtoler sounds so paranoid with his "they", and "them", and "those people" sayings throughout this thread.

Dude, it's an MVP voting. I'm pretty sure the illuminati isn't too concerned.
    I sound paranoid? You said Illuminati, please tell us more.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Westbrook is the MVP...no argument needed

If you have a clue you will agree

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Westbrook is the MVP...no argument needed

If you have a clue you will agree
    I think theyre gonna give it to Harden.

The Giant

My current rankings:

#1. Lebron James.
    #2. Westbrook/Harden (very difficult to call this one).
    #4. Kawai Leonard.
    #5. Isaiah Thomas.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Brian Scalabrine

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Your very naive. There's many things you can do if you're hell bent on getting an extra 2 rebounds per game. Hang around the rim more when you're supposed to be glued to a shooter on the perimeter -lots of bigs do this. Then the other thing, scoop up all 50-50 ones between you and your teammates (a.roberson/ s.adams etc).

For a guard to average a trip-double it essentially comes down to the rebounding. Rus has gone for it this year, knowing full well it would enhance his status in the league. He was right in thinking people would go crazy for it. Dilettante sports fans everywhere gawping at the 3*2. Yeah, those two extra rebounds really make a difference.
    ok. russ is playing pg but hanging at the rim instead of guarding the perimeter lol. don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Tristan Thompson doesn't avg. 10 rebounds and that's essentially his job. but of course according to you, he could get them if he chose to. he just prefers to be at 9 rpg lol. and 8 points for that matter. but i'm naive.....It's so easy to do like you say, but no one's done it in almost 50 years, because they didn't care to. lol. but again, i'm naive. an nba player can average a triple double, but says nah. i don't wanna make history. that's selfish lol.

The Giant

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Westbrook lost Durant and is likely to break Oscars record

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

it will be lebron, yep, yep it will, u don't think id go this long without posting unless i knew

just think about it, the west has 3, the east has one, the east voters will vote for lebron while there will be a mix
    for the other 3.

but imo it should be westbrook, but it will be lebron

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26107

Westbrook should win it, but I have a feeling it is gonna be Harden

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

As long as he averages a triple double, give me Westbrook.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

kawai beat westbeta

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Westbrook averages a triple double and now has set the single season record for triple doubles

Anyone who doesn't vote for him needs to explain why

Grivas_Digeni
    Mini Horses FTW
    Grivas_Digeni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23436

Adam Silver

He is going to legalize sports betting. Triple doubles and rings just don't stand a chance against Mr. Silver.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

First round of playoffs gonna be Westbrook vs Harden

RIGGED

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

RW. Don`t like him. At least 8 guys I would start my team without giving him a spot.....

BUT lord have mercy, he is the MVP of this regular season NBA campaign.

How many years until he is a Laker??

First 1234 Last