KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20250

Zags Are So Lucky

Get the weakest 8/9 matchup.

WVU was tough, but ok.

Then get a weak Xavier team that was on the bubble two weeks ago.

Then they get either Florida or SC. Both those teams struggled big time down the stretch of the season.

Has to be one of the easiest paths to the championship game.

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Gonzaga had a title game appearance in the bag anyway. Villanova, Duke, Arizona, Florida State... Zaga would have beaten them all. Why do you think this team was favored by 20-25 against virtually every team in its conference. Bear in mind that's what a 1 seed is favored by over a 16 and the WCC, while bad relative to the top conferences, is still a mid-major (as opposed to low major) conference.

How about you just accept that BPI, the oddsmakers, and KenPom all proved that Gonzaga is, indeed the best team in college basketball and could possibly beat the Brooklyn Nets?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Got the usual Duke luck when they win it all. Let's see if they can take advantage. Not gonna be upset that Gonzaga caught a few breaks. Game is far from over, anyway. Blame crappy Arizona for blowing a 7 point lead late.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They are good

Won all
    Year

KRIT

They are good. But they likely won't get tested till the championship game. And yes, Arizona is to blame for their easy draw.

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    Gonzaga had a title game appearance in the bag anyway. Villanova, Duke, Arizona, Florida State... Zaga would have beaten them all. Why do you think this team was favored by 20-25 against virtually every team in its conference. Bear in mind that's what a 1 seed is favored by over a 16 and the WCC, while bad relative to the top conferences, is still a mid-major (as opposed to low major) conference.

How about you just accept that BPI, the oddsmakers, and KenPom all proved that Gonzaga is, indeed the best team in college basketball and could possibly beat the Brooklyn Nets?

Nets would win by 25+

It's hilarious that people still discuss a college team beating a pro team. Not to mention THIS gonzaga team lol. There's​probably been a dozen team's better than this team in the past two years of college. How many legit pros on this zags team? Do tell...

KRIT

Here is who they will have beat to get to the final four.

6th best team in Big 10
    3rd best team in Big 12
    7th best team in Big East

That's luck. Not to mention they will face either the 2nd or 3rd best team from a weak SEC conference. And yes I know, the SEC has three teams in the Elite 8. Up until last week, that was a bad conference. South Carolina is only here because they got seeded at home for the first two games.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

It's crazy the path they get to the title game.

While Kentucky will have to have beat witchita st, UCLA, and UNC, just to get to the final 4.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

They will get smoked by a real offensive team in the championship game.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

^
    The Nets second unit with Hamilton at center and Acy at forward wouid win by 18.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

6th best team in Big 10
    3rd best team in Big 12

That's luck. Not to mention they will face either the 2nd or 3rd best team from a weak SEC conference. And yes I know, the SEC has three teams in the Elite 8. Up until last week, that was a bad conference. South Carolina is only here because they got seeded at home for the first two games.
    Was Florida St. lucky when they faced Xavier? or Arizona? They are whooping the same team that beat the 2 and 3 seed. They beat the 8 and 4 seed like any 1 has to, and WVA playing as good as anyone when they beat them. People go out of their way to diminish their accomplishments no matter what they do. This is the most solid balanced team in the country. They aren't loaded with nba stars, but they play great team basketball and beat pretty much everybody.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Gonzaga #1 in KenPom and Sagarin. They are not "lucky" to be winning games.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

People need to get over it. Every damn year a team gets some help. They play who is in front of them. The Tourney is a crapshoot. It's fun, but doesn't always award the best team. It is what it is, and everyone loves it, so hard to complain. I wish UNC, UCLA, and UK weren't all on the same side now, but who knew what would happen.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post

This Gonzaga team might be the greatest college basketball team these eyes have ever seen.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

6th best team in Big 10
    3rd best team in Big 12
    Florida should have beaten Gonzaga early in the season. They were up double digits for 2/3rds of the match until Gonzaga made a run in the 2nd half. Gonzaga shot 60%, even 59% from 3 in the 2nd half while UF was like 2 for 19 from 3 and still lost only by 5. Florida was turning the Zags over left and right and was dominating the paint. Zag's do not want to see UF again.

South Carolina is playing the best basketball of any team right now. Their stifling defense has debilitated opposing teams. My money will be on one of these SEC teams.

You are brain dead if you think the SEC was a "Bad Conference". Go look up the wins SEC teams had this year. Don't let perception from the media blind you. Arkansas should have beaten UNC as well. Fukkin refs gifted UNC that game along with some stupid shit by Arky down the stretch. UNC was left for dead with 3 minutes left. It is no fluke that 3 out of 5 SEC teams are still dancing with 2 most likely making the Final 4.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

145 game total
    88 point first half

I need a 57 point second half, and I get a mason (brick layers) convention.
    5 straight bricked free throws, bricked bunnies, bricked three pointers. Fuc_K my miserable life.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    They havent played any really good offensive teams...
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Itsamazing777 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

and your bias towards Blue Bloods is showing.

Let me ask you a question. Since 2000 what blue blood has had a better tournament resume than Florida??? UK, Kansas, Duke, Indiana, UCLA??? What team with the exception of maybe UNC has had a better tourney record??? Look it up.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think Florida made it one year and the highest seed they played was an 8

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    They havent played any really good offensive teams...
    Iowa State, Florida, BYU, St. Mary's, West Virginia ring any bells?

You're such a hater. Gonzaga's nearly impossible to beat.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    145 game total
    88 point first half

I need a 57 point second half, and I get a mason (brick layers) convention.
    5 straight bricked free throws, bricked bunnies, bricked three pointers. Fuc_K my miserable life.
    I was thinking it was strange how it magically ended at 83-59 for a 142 total when i saw 144 earlier for the full game total

gonzaga didn't even try on offense once they were up 20 and Xavier couldn't do jack on offense... zaga was passing the ball around and shooting the flattest front rim 3 balls and missing and 1's then missing the free throws

I'm not overly impressed by this so-called 24 pt win over Xavier who had a nice run but had nothing left today

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

You'd have to be out of your mind to want to play South Carolina right now.

Florida is no slouch either.

Mac4Lyfe

South Carolina is only here because they got seeded at home for the first two games.
    This is straight up bullshit. South Carolina has fukking raw dawged their opponents and your saying it's because of the crowd? Are you fukking kidding me? Duke was a 3 hour drive to Greenville, SC. USC is a 2 hour drive. Are you telling me that that was the difference in the game? Are you telling me that a blue blood like Duke can't fill a stadium? Who's fukking fault is that? Damn, what a crock of shit. Stop...

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Next game will present problems for the Zags, but this team is the real deal. Aside from Xavier, they played the highest seed possible the rest of the way.

RobbieStacks

I know Sindarius Thornwell is a real baller, and I've only followed SCar minimally during the year, but with Xavier gone they're easily the worst team left in the tourney. Florida -4 is looking like a very strong play tomorrow, unless Florida dominated in their reg. season matches, then I'd worry about the revenge factor. People are way too high on SCar, there's ZERO chance they win the title.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Next game will present problems for the Zags, but this team is the real deal. Aside from Xavier, they played the highest seed possible the rest of the way.
    If they play Florida, it'll be a gritty game. Florida would have to really grind it out to take it down to the wire.
    South Carolina... awful match-up for them. I don't see SCar losing by fewer than three possessions to Zaga.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    This is straight up bullshit. South Carolina has fukking raw dawged their opponents and your saying it's because of the crowd? Are you fukking kidding me? Duke was a 3 hour drive to Greenville, SC. USC is a 2 hour drive. Are you telling me that that was the difference in the game? Are you telling me that a blue blood like Duke can't fill a stadium? Who's fukking fault is that? Damn, what a crock of shit. Stop...
    Worst thing the committee did was putting a seven seed in their own backyard.

KRIT

Once again, I'm not saying Zags aren't good. I'm just saying they got a free ride to the championship. It isn't their fault Arizona and Florida St lost.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I think Florida made it one year and the highest seed they played was an 8
    2005/2006 season - They entered the tourney as a 3 seed with a 27-6 record. They beat #14 South Alabama then #11 Milwaukee, then #7 Georgetown, then #1 Villanova to make the Final four. They then beat #11 Cinderella George Mason then #2 UCLA for the title.

2006/2007 They entered #1 and beat #16 Jackson State, then #9 Purdue, then #5 Butler then #3 Oregon, then #2 UCLA in the Final Four then #1 Ohio State for the title.

You can go back to the last decades of the tourney and this is not unusual. You can throw out seeding when you have teams that are hot and on runs like a George Mason. George Mason beat Michigan State, UNC, Witchita State, Connecticut before losing to Florida. Nobody wanted to play those guys. Every year you see veteran led teams make huge runs. It's usually not the one and dones, it's veteran leaders especially guard play.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

and your bias towards Blue Bloods is showing.

Let me ask you a question. Since 2000 what blue blood has had a better tournament resume than Florida??? UK, Kansas, Duke, Indiana, UCLA??? What team with the exception of maybe UNC has had a better tourney record??? Look it up.
    No offense to your gators, but my Uconn Huskies have won 3 chips since 2000 and one in 1999. and were in the final four in '09 as well. Thats pretty solid. Only Duke has won 3 in that time frame. UNC , Kansas and Uconn only teams with 4 final fours since 2000.

Mac4Lyfe

Worst thing the committee did was putting a seven seed in their own backyard.
    What are you talking about? Do you even know what is going on? The state of south Carolina had not had a NCAA tourney game since 2002 because of the confederate flag. They took the flag down last year which opened up the door. This regional was supposed to be played in Greensboro, NC but the stupid NC bathroom ban made the NCAA change the venue to SC. UNC and Duke have been getting the benefit of venue for 2 decades and now you want to fukking complain. Are you serious? Like I said, this venue was well within driving distance of all 3 teams. Arrogant Duke fans didn't buy tickets to Greenville because they assumed Duke would advance and was waiting to go to New York. Boo fukking hoo.

Gonzaga was 11 hours away from their regional in Salt Lake city. Hell South Dakota State was basically the same distance. Do you think they were bitching about being the number 1 overall seed and having to play so far?

UNC and Duke were both within driving distance. We're talking 3 damn hours. Pretty much almost the same distance as USC. Duke and UNC were closer to Greenville SC than Miami was to Orlando Florida where they played in their own state. Even if they played the game in Columbia, do you think home field advantage is more than a couple of points? USC still had to drive 2 hours and play in someone else's gym. You are grasping for straws.
    Points Awarded:

KRIT gave Mac4Lyfe 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323 gave Mac4Lyfe 16 SBR Point(s) for this post.

KRIT

What are you talking about? Do you even know what is going on? The state of south Carolina had not had a NCAA tourney game since 2002 because of the confederate flag. They took the flag down last year which opened up the door. This regional was supposed to be played in Greensboro, NC but the stupid NC bathroom ban made the NCAA change the venue to SC. UNC and Duke have been getting the benefit of venue for 2 decades and now you want to fukking complain. Are you serious? Like I said, this venue was well within driving distance of all 3 teams. Arrogant Duke fans didn't buy tickets to Greenville because they assumed Duke would advance and was waiting to go to New York. Boo fukking hoo.

Gonzaga was 11 hours away from their regional in Salt Lake city. Hell South Dakota State was basically the same distance. Do you think they were bitching about being the number 1 overall seed and having to play so far?

UNC and Duke were both within driving distance. We're talking 3 damn hours. Pretty much almost the same distance as USC. Duke and UNC were closer to Greenville SC than Miami was to Orlando Florida where they played in their own state. Even if they played the game in Columbia, do you think home field advantage is more than a couple of points? USC still had to drive 2 hours and play in someone else's gym. You are grasping for straws.
    Ok fine I was wrong. Happy? Either way, I don't think 7 seeds should play in their home state.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    No offense to your gators, but my Uconn Huskies have won 3 chips since 2000 and one in 1999. and were in the final four in '09 as well. Thats pretty solid. Only Duke has won 3 in that time frame. UNC , Kansas and Uconn only teams with 4 final fours since 2000.
    Is UConn a blue blood? Help me if I'm wrong?? But I agree that Uconn has had a very solid record with one more Title but UF also has gone to 4 final fours since 2000. Hopefully 5 this year.

Which proves my point. You can put UConn up against any Blue Blood. I don't care what year, when you have to play UConn or Villanova, you better bring your fukking lunch pale. Both teams both know how to dance. There's no such thing as an easy road to the title. You have to win 6 straight games against the best teams in college.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2753

6th best team in Big 10
    3rd best team in Big 12

The SEC being bad could have just been perception due to media bias, which favors ACC, Big 12 and Big Ten mostly

Mac4Lyfe

Ok fine I was wrong. Happy? Either way, I don't think 7 seeds should play in their home state.
    Do you really want to know how many 7 or higher seeds have played in their own states? The results would kill your argument.

Have you looked at the geography of the US? You do know that states like California, Texas and Florida are huge as hell. A regional in San Diego is much much further for a team in the Bay area than this bullshit you're talking about. You're talking about a 3 hour drive for Duke versus a 2 hour drive for USC. It is ridiculous for you to even try to make that an excuse.
    Florida State was a #3 seed and had to drive 4 hours... further than Duke had to drive to play against Florida Gulf Coast which only had to drive 3 hours as a #14 seed. Where was your belly aching then???

12 Last