Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    The SEC being bad could have just been perception due to media bias, which favors ACC, Big 12 and Big Ten mostly
    The media was force feeding us a UNC/Duke title game. They were praying for that to happen to drive ratings. UNC should have lost to Arkansas until the refs got the memo that their cash cow better not lose. UNC was allowed to go over the back of Arkansas players with impunity.

Team fouls
    Arkansas - 20
    UNC - 10

Free throws
    Arkansas 5 - 8
    UNC 19 - 25

Get the fukk out of here with that bullshit.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Point of the thread was Zags easy path. I don't know the history on seeds and relation so where they play. Obviously the committee can't make it perfect. Wouldn't be shocked by the numbers of seven seeds or higher playing close to home, committee isn't perfect. I'm not bitching about SC and their seeding, I just said I think they wouldn't be here if they got sent half way across the country.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Point of the thread was Zags easy path. I don't know the history on seeds and relation so where they play. Obviously the committee can't make it perfect. Wouldn't be shocked by the numbers of seven seeds or higher playing close to home, committee isn't perfect. I'm not bitching about SC and their seeding, I just said I think they wouldn't be here if they got sent half way across the country.
    Then you don't know basketball if you think playing 2 hours from home was the reason they are still in the tourney. They played their last game in New York and blew the doors off of solid Baylor team. They made Baylor look like a HS team with their frantic defense. It was no fluke that they dominated Duke. They were the better team. Yet you're still trying to use a bullshit excuse.

Each of the #1 seeds had the same path. It's not Gonzaga's fault Villanova and Duke got there asses kicked by better teams. The regular season means nothing come March.
    Zags - #16, 8, 4, 11, 4/7
    Kansas - #16, 9, 4, 3
    UNC - #16, 8, 4, 2
    Nova - #16, 8... bounced

See a trend? They all played high seeds early but have to beat good teams to advance. You are crazy if you don't think any team can't beat anyone at this point.
    I don't understand your point? Every year top teams get bounced allowing teams in that bracket to not have to play them. Who gives a shit Villanova was a #1. Would you rather play them or a veteran Wisconsin team who played 2 of the last 4 Final fours including a runner up? Wisconsin beating them opened the door, then Duke losing to upstart USC added to the madness. This is not unusual. If UNC would have gotten bounced by Arkansas like they should have, that side would be off as well. Does not mean anyone has it easier than anyone. You have to play the games.
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 03-25-17 at 09:04 PM.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Then you don't know basketball if you think playing 2 hours from home was the reason they are still in the tourney. They played their last game in New York and blew the doors off of solid Baylor team. They made Baylor look like a HS team with their frantic defense. It was no fluke that they dominated Duke. They were the better team. Yet you're still trying to use a bullshit excuse.

Each of the #1 seeds had the same path. It's not Gonzaga's fault Villanova and Duke got there asses kicked by better teams. The regular season means nothing come March.
    Kansas - #16, 9, 4, 3
    UNC - #16, 8, 4, 2
    Nova - #16, 8... bounced

See a trend? They all played high seeds early but have to beat good teams to advance. You are crazy if you don't think any team can't beat anyone at this point.
    I don't understand your point? Every year top teams get bounced allowing teams in that bracket to not have to play them. Who gives a shit Villanova was a #1. Would you rather play them or a veteran Wisconsin team who played 2 of the last 4 Final fours including a runner up? Wisconsin beating them opened the door, then Duke losing to upstart USC added to the madness. This is not unusual. If UNC would have gotten bounced by Arkansas like they should have, that side would be off as well. Does not mean anyone has it easier than anyone. You have to play the games.
    Got it.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Kansas - #16, 9, 4, 3
    UNC - #16, 8, 4, 2
    Nova - #16, 8... bounced

And if Arkansas would have made a basket in the final 3 and a half minutes they may have won. We will never know because they couldn't score. But ya, it was probably the refs fault they missed 8 straight shots right? Give me a break man. If only the world ran on IF, WOULD HAVE, and COULD OF ha Mac?
    Points Awarded:

trillz gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

trillz gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    And if Arkansas would have made a basket in the final 3 and a half minutes they may have won. We will never know because they couldn't score. But ya, it was probably the refs fault they missed 8 straight shots right? Give me a break man. If only the world ran on IF, WOULD HAVE, and COULD OF ha Mac?
    Congratulations with your paid off refs. If your guard hadn't charged, traveled, then your forward went over the back all in the same play, you would have lost the fukking game. You won, but you're missing my point. You could have just as easily lost and then Krit would be complaining how easy UK had it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody wins by 20+ and gets lucky

Most games tough

They are mentally tough

unde0087
    Did we win?

Congratulations with your paid off refs. If your guard hadn't charged, traveled, then your forward went over the back all in the same play, you would have lost the fukking game. You won, but you're missing my point. You could have just as easily lost and then Krit would be complaining how easy UK had it.
    So since we are playing the IF game, lets say they call a charge on Berry on that play. Arkansas up 1 with about 3 minutes to go. Add the zero points Arkansas scored the rest of the way and we still come up with a Arkansas loss. Anything else? As stated before, refs didn't make Arkansas miss all of their shots in the final 3 and a half minutes.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Mac 4 loser take about cyanide pill

Mac4Lyfe

So since we are playing the IF game, lets say they call a charge on Berry on that play. Arkansas up 1 with about 3 minutes to go. Add the zero points Arkansas scored the rest of the way and we still come up with a Arkansas loss. Anything else?
    Dude, congratulations. You won the game. You missed my point entirely. Did you read the thread or just saw something negative about UNC and had to comment? The point was that if the ball would have bounced another way UNC could have lost just like many teams. The margin of victory is very slim in a one and done scenario. No one can say that Gonzaga has an easy road just like any other team. This is a marathon, not a sprint and the best team on that night will advance.

Blue Blood Kansas just went down. Does that mean UK and UNC now have an easy path? no, that's nonsense. Oregon earned that win just now.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You should never use the word LOSER... Never. You are one of the worst cappers in the history of gambling.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Dude, congratulations. You won the game. You missed my point entirely. Did you read the thread or just saw something negative about UNC and had to comment? The point was that if the ball would have bounced another way UNC could have lost just like many teams. The margin of victory is very slim in a one and done scenario. No one can say that Gonzaga has an easy road just like any other team. This is a marathon, not a sprint and the best team on that night will advance.

Blue Blood Kansas just went down. Does that mean UK and UNC now have an easy path? no, that's nonsense. Oregon earned that win just now.
    I realize what the thread was about, and yes your several posts crying about how the only reason UNC won was the refs caught my eye.

Before the tournament started if I told a group of people SC, Florida, Xavier, and Gonzaga would be fighting for a final 4 spot most people would have laughed at me. On the other hand, if I told people UNC, UK, Kansas, and Oregon would be the teams left fighting for a final 4 spot no one would be surprised because all of those teams were considered real title contenders this whole season. Gonzaga, imo, had the easiest draw from the beginning and then watched as every serious contender, and hard matchup for them, got knocked off. The title game will end up being a mismatch against a pretender. It will most likely be UNC or UK with them winning convincingly in the championship. Hopefully it is Gonzaga so we can all watch as a blue blood lets them know where they really are on the pecking order.

Mac4Lyfe

I realize what the thread was about, and yes your several posts crying about how the only reason UNC won was the refs caught my eye.
    Before the tournament started if I told a group of people SC, Florida, Xavier, and Gonzaga would be fighting for a final 4 spot most people would have laughed at me. On the other hand, if I told people UNC, UK, Kansas, and Oregon would be the teams left fighting for a final 4 spot no one would be surprised because all of those teams were considered real title contenders this whole season. Gonzaga, imo, had the easiest draw from the beginning and then watched as every serious contender, and hard matchup for them, got knocked off. The title game will end up being a mismatch against a pretender. It will most likely be UNC or UK with them winning convincingly in the championship. Hopefully it is Gonzaga so we can all watch as a blue blood lets them know where they really are on the pecking order.
    Would you care to make a wager on what side wins??? You take UNC and UK. I'll take the field???

Mac4Lyfe

and can you please explain this bullshit??? Mind you Arkansas was the more aggressive team driving to the basket.

Team fouls
    Arkansas - 20
    UNC - 10

Free throws
    Arkansas 5 - 8
    UNC 19 - 25

Take off your blue blood glasses. I didn't give a shit who won the game but I know a fix when I see one. Duke, UK and UNC get more beneficial whistles than every other team in the country.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

i guess you have a spare one to give away since you finally had a winning day. too bad u didn't pop it bitch.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

You should never use the word LOSER... Never. You are one of the worst cappers in the history of gambling.
    You don't cap . You blame refs. Every game you lost was rigged.b

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

nice to see you off mute. thought you had swallowed your tongue the last couple days you were getting buried. let a guy win 2 units and......whoa

Mac4Lyfe

Do you need another one of these for all your shit plays...

unde0087
    Did we win?

and can you please explain this bullshit??? Mind you Arkansas was the more aggressive team driving to the basket.

Team fouls
    Arkansas - 20
    UNC - 10

Free throws
    Arkansas 5 - 8
    UNC 19 - 25

Take off your blue blood glasses. I didn't give a shit who won the game but I know a fix when I see one. Duke, UK and UNC get more beneficial whistles than every other team in the country.
    Most of their shots were jump shots, watch the game again. UNC lives in the post that is why they get fouls called because many were called after offensive boards. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't think there is a conspiracy going on that refs are purposely helping UNC. Should the refs have made a call on that Berry play, ya, when there is that much contact you have to call a block or charge in that situation. But again, Arkansas had plenty of chances to finish the game off in the final minutes and settled for long range jump shots like how they started the game. Sorry I don't believe in your conspiracy theory.

Mac4Lyfe

Most of their shots were jump shots, watch the game again. UNC lives in the post that is why they get fouls called because many were called after offensive boards. I don't know what you want me to say. I don't think there is a conspiracy going on that refs are purposely helping UNC. Should the refs have made a call on that Berry play, ya, when there is that much contact you have to call a block or charge in that situation. But again, Arkansas had plenty of chances to finish the game off in the final minutes and settled for long range jump shots like how they started the game. Sorry I don't believe in your conspiracy theory.
    I do think that UNC, Duke and UK are the NCAA money makers and there's a lot of hoping that those teams go far which means more money in TV revenue and even local money in the venues. If UNC gets bounced you will have thousands of people leaving that city and a huge lost of revenue. I've been watching basketball for decades and it's always been this way. I'm not mad because those teams are college basketball. Arkansas had their chance, the shit the bed in crunch time. UNC is deserved, I'm not trying to say that they weren't. My point was that it's a very thin line between advancing and going home in a one and done tourney and no one can say that a team had an easy road. The best team does not always win in such a scenario. Just the best team that day.

unde0087
    Did we win?

I do think that UNC, Duke and UK are the NCAA money makers and there's a lot of hoping that those teams go far which means more money in TV revenue and even local money in the venues. If UNC gets bounced you will have thousands of people leaving that city and a huge lost of revenue. I've been watching basketball for decades and it's always been this way. I'm not mad because those teams are college basketball. Arkansas had their chance, the shit the bed in crunch time. UNC is deserved, I'm not trying to say that they weren't. My point was that it's a very thin line between advancing and going home in a one and done tourney and no one can say that a team had an easy road. The best team does not always win in such a scenario. Just the best team that day.
    Of course the NCAA profits more from those teams going deep into the tournament. But I am not sure they have refs purposely trying to fuk other teams over in an attempt to keep those teams in the tournament. I am also aware the best team doesn't always win, otherwise SC, Florida, and Xavier wouldn't be there. In a one and done situation there is always a chance the underdog plays off their ass and that is how you have several teams in the Elite 8 that weren't anywhere near the conversation for a title.

Mac4Lyfe

You have it wrong about Florida. UF was one of the highest ranked teams RPI in the country. They blasted UK in what I think was their largest beat down of the season and should have beaten Gonzaga and did well against Duke on the road. They were in line for a 2 seeding before there big man Egbunu went down. I'm not sure why you won't give UF credit as one of the best tourney teams in the last decade? UF has a history of going deep in tourneys. UF and Wisky was the best bet of that bracket by far. UF ain't no underdog.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Anyone from seeds 1-12 is a good team for the most part....if you can win enough in a row against some very good teams you deserve it in the end

Easiest route shit is dumb as hell

Survive and advance nothing else matters
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave MoneyLineDawg 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Of course the NCAA profits more from those teams going deep into the tournament. But I am not sure they have refs purposely trying to fuk other teams over in an attempt to keep those teams in the tournament. I am also aware the best team doesn't always win, otherwise SC, Florida, and Xavier wouldn't be there. In a one and done situation there is always a chance the underdog plays off their ass and that is how you have several teams in the Elite 8 that weren't anywhere near the conversation for a title.
    That's how the tourney almost always is though with underdogs making it far...it's about having a team tough enough to make a run and win in different situations and against all different types of matchups

And even then you can lose on a crazy buzzer beater and your tourney is over in a flash

It's why everyone loves the tournament....almost anyone has a legit shot to make it deep and the best team doesn't always win.

First 12