QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

20 year old Devin Booker puts up 70 points against the Celtics in a losing effort

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...rds-vs-celtics

Booker's total was also the most points scored in an NBA game since Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance vs. Toronto in 2006.
    Here's a look at other records or near-records broken by the second-year pro on Friday night:
    -Booker is just the sixth player in NBA history to record a 70-point game. Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, David Thompson, David Robinson and Elgin Baylor are the others.
    -Booker joins Chamberlain and Thompson as the only NBA players to score at least 70 points in a losing effort.
    -It was just the 11th 70-point game in NBA history.
    -At 20 years and 145 days old, Booker became the youngest player to score 60 points in a game.
    -He's also the third-youngest player in NBA history to record a 50-point game. Only Brandon Jennings and LeBron James accomplished the feat earlier in their lives.
    -70 points is the most scored in a game against the Boston Celtics. Elgin Baylor's 64 points in the 1959-60 season was the previous best.
    -Booker also recorded the ninth 50-point game of the NBA season, setting a new league record for most 50-point performances in a single season.
    -Since Booker has been alive, only Kobe Bryant's 81-pointer was a higher single-game total than Booker's 70.

Booker's stat line for the night: 70 points, 21 of 40 from the field, 24 of 26 from the free-throw line, eight rebounds, six assists, three steals and a block.

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

21 of 40 makes this feat extremely unimpressive imo.

KillAllGoogles
    Killin googles day and night
    KillAllGoogles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Hell of a stat line always cool to watch a game where a player is going bonkers.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The kid can shoot them free throws, that is for sure.

One of those end of the season situational games where all of the stars were aligned.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

This will be the answer to an obscure trivia question one day.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Woah

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    This will be the answer to an obscure trivia question one day.
    Ya I can see that

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    U just keep burying yourself. Eric Bledsoe is out. Brandon Knight is out.Tyson Chandler. Sullinger. and TJ Warren was injured. They only had 8 players available. The starters on this team are younger than the starters on 7 out of 8 teams that played in the sweet sixteen last night. He played his ass off, shot 52% on 70 pts, 6 asst, 8 rebounds and this is the dumb shit you say.... come on man....

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

thats over 50%

are you fukking brain dead??????

i hope you agree that kobe's last game was unimpressive as fukk too, because it was

KillAllGoogles
    Killin googles day and night
    KillAllGoogles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 81

Taking 40 shots isnt the best thing...lol but if hes over 50% mayswell keep firing.

RobbieStacks

Lol are you guys serious? He missed nineteen shots! NINETEEN!!

A 70+ point performance is supposed to be a thing of beauty with a guy who can't miss hitting everything he throws up including circus shots that would get the arena rocking.

This guy wasn't unconscious, he just took a high volume of shots. It was a ballhog performance based on the stat line and is getting too much hype.

Get back to me when a player goes 36/38 and 22/22 from the FT line en route to 110 points. THAT would be a legendary performance.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Lol are you guys serious? He missed nineteen shots! NINETEEN!!

A 70+ point performance is supposed to be a thing of beauty with a guy who can't miss hitting everything he throws up including circus shots that would get the arena rocking.

This guy wasn't unconscious, he just took a high volume of shots. It was a ballhog performance based on the stat line and is getting too much hype.

Get back to me when a player goes 36/38 and 22/22 from the FT line en route to 110 points. THAT would be a legendary performance.
    wow you are a dumb motherfukker

so if every nba player took 40 shots a night they would be ALL hitting over 50%???? lol

then went on to make 24/26 FTs

they had 8 players.............

110 pts????? missing 2 shots all game and making every FT...?????

that not even possible in this & age...or was it ever possible, why would you use that situation lol???

get back to me when you aren't fukking making a retarded posting performance

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by KillAllGoogles View Post
    Hell of a stat line always cool to watch a game where a player is going bonkers.
    I like your name. ;-)

You can watch quite a few of his shots in this video. He scored more than 10 of his points in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

You have got to be the dumbest poster on this board. And the bad part is, you continue to spam the board with useless threads. Stop trying to be Lakerboy or Twizzle, or Seaweed or any of the other dumbfukks that do that.

70 points for a guard, who shoots more than 50% on the game. Against the Celtics defense - who have excellent defenders in Marcus Smart and Avery Bradley. That's unimpressive????

GTFO with your stupidity.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Coach Cal - Leave it to Booker to take the luster off our UK win by scoring 70 tonight.

RobbieStacks

Everybody in the NBA can go 10/20 in a game. A legendary performance involves being so good on a night that you could have Ben Wallace and Bruce Bowen double teaming you and you'll still swish whatever you throw up because you're locked in en fuego.

Your standards have been lowered because the NBA isn't as good as it was back in the day when stars were stars.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Everybody in the NBA can go 10/20 in a game. A legendary performance involves being so good on a night that you could have Ben Wallace and Bruce Bowen double teaming you and you'll still swish whatever you throw up because you're locked in en fuego.

Your standards have been lowered because the NBA isn't as good as it was back in the day when stars were stars.

i give up

can't fix stupid, especially full blown retardation with this dude

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

you are so dumb with the ball hog line. half his team is injured and he did everything he could to keep them in the game. i'm starting to wonder are you 12 years old? that last line proves you know absolutely nothing about basketball. "a 70 point performance is supposed to be a thing of beauty" lol. do u know how many people have seen a 70 point performance in their life? In the past 50 years i'm guessing about 4. And two were going for a scoring title the last game of the season and the other team didn't defend them.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    wow you are a dumb motherfukker
    This guy is a troll. He has to be a former member that got banned before. I'm guessing it's Flipside. Makes outlandish retarded statements just to draw attention to himself. What a fkn loser.

4uk4life
    4uk4life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1820

Him and Towns would be Jrs at Kentucky this year

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    you are so dumb with the ball hog line. half his team is injured and he did everything he could to keep them in the game. i'm starting to wonder are you 12 years old? that last line proves you know absolutely nothing about basketball. "a 70 point performance is supposed to be a thing of beauty" lol. do u know how many people have seen a 70 point performance in their life? In the past 50 years i'm guessing about 4. And two were going for a scoring title the last game of the season and the other team didn't defend them.
    From my post above:
    -Booker is just the sixth player in NBA history to record a 70-point game. Wilt Chamberlain, Kobe Bryant, David Thompson, David Robinson and Elgin Baylor are the others.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I got league pass and I watch him play a lot. Quite an entertaining player. I always thought Alan Iverson was an entertaining player... this kid IMO is better than him. I like him because he plays fearless.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Listen, nobody can be sure or not whether he belongs on that list....but 70 points is one hell of a game for anyone. I remember the Terrence Ross 50 point game (not sure of the exact number). The kid was in fire....some guys never 'feel it' like that.

Chances are he is no Kobe, but nothing to say he isn't going to be one hell of a player. I like that when he is 'on' he makes the game look somewhat easy.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

He scored about 30 in the 4th, most of then in the last 6 min.

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 466

I'm curious can you give us an example

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

50% shooting great in nba

Getting that many shots up is not easy also

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

It was embarrassing defense from the boston team lets be honest

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

and was from Kentucky whats new

Calipari a dumb coach

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

yes it was ranked bad defense

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    It was embarrassing defense from the boston team lets be honest
    Lol...The Sun's were down almost 20 the entire game, wouldn't blame them for not giving max effort on D. Weird they were fouling him like they were the ones losing by double digits at the end though.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

huh? over 50%, and he got to the line 26 times.

Also had a bunch of rebounds and assists.

The fact that he played 45 minutes and it wasnt a close game does take something away from it though.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Quote Originally Posted by 4uk4life View Post
    Him and Towns would be Jrs at Kentucky this year
    Imagine how many championships UK would have if all their players stayed at least 2 or 3 years. UK would probably win the championship every year.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    He scored about 30 in the 4th, most of then in the last 6 min.
    Yeah. I mentioned previously he scored 10 points with just a little over a minute to go but I looked at it again and he scored 20 points with just a little more than 3 minutes to go.

RobbieStacks

If you take 40 shots and you miss 19 of them, you're earning a spot on RobbieStacks's bench and only coming back into the game when you understand how to play winning, team ball. Why do you think the Suns lost? Stop glorifying these stat-padding ballhogs.

12 Last