Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Beware of IRS scammers

Just got off the phone with 3 of these idiots who could barely speak English. One woman told me that my taxes were not paid from 2001 to 2005 and said that I owed $3,346 and told me that there is a warrant out for my arrest. All she kept saying was "si, si, si" to every question that I asked. I then asked to speak to someone who could speak better English, so she connected me to some guy who also barely spoke English and he said my taxes were not paid from 2011 to 2015. When I asked why he gave me different years than the woman did, he said everything was recorded and she said 2011 to 2015 and if I hung up on them that it would be declared "Running from the IRS" and I would face a $75,000 fine and 20 years in prison. But if I use a "pre-paid" card that I can pay a portion of the money owned and the warrant for my arrest would be put on hold. He also kept saying "si,si,si" to every question that I asked.

I then finally asked to speak to someone else who I could understand and he connected me with a man claiming that his name was Bill Dobson. Unfortunately Bill didn't know the answers to any of the questions that I proceeded to ask him about the IRS and when I asked why someone with a name like Bill Dobson was having so much trouble speaking English, he hung up on me.

So since Billy hung up on me, is that considered "Running from Kermit"?

Fukkin Jagoff Scammers.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

A buddy of mine... his girlfriend had this scam done to her. Said she owed $3,000 to IRS... and please pay us as quickly as possible... or we will throw you in jail.

She was ready to send the $ using M G until she took a deep breath and thought everything through The look on her face (he told me) was an all time classic.

I don't know where these dudes are getting random cell numbers... but I'm sure they clipped a few people doing this.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

I had some guy call and left a message saying some of the same shit a month ago. I can't believe people fall for this shit. I mean if you actually owed money to the IRS you would receive a letter to your address telling you. And do you think the IRS would call and then not ask you some security questions to verify it was you before releasing information? Its unreal people are dumb enough for this stuff to work.

Kermit

The woman told me that I owed $1,500 from 2001 to 2005, and with penalties and legal fees it came out to $3,346 and change. When I asked her "Don't you think that it is a bit strange that I owed exactly $1,500 for those 5 years considering that I made different amounts for each of those years?" and she replied "Si"

It was like a call from the fukkin Twilight Zone.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I don't know where these dudes are getting random cell numbers... but I'm sure they clipped a few people doing this.
    Probably from the same obscure gambling sites that keep calling me. Those guys can't speak English either.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I had some guy call and left a message saying some of the same shit a month ago. I can't believe people fall for this shit. I mean if you actually owed money to the IRS you would receive a letter to your address telling you. And do you think the IRS would call and then not ask you some security questions to verify it was you before releasing information? Its unreal people are dumb enough for this stuff to work.
    I told the second fukknut that my wife and I filed our taxes together for those years and then I asked him what my wife's name was. His response was "Sir I cannot give out that information" I said "Seriously, are you shitting me?"

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Yeah these fuks call me once a month. Always Indian sounding people. I fuk with them back though. They tell me I have to send them $500 ** or I am going to jail. I pretend I'm all nervous and agree to send it. I tell them call me back in a half hour. When they call back I give them a bogus reference number. Fuk them. Sometimes you got to mess with them a little bit. And why would the IRS be asking you to wire money to India? Why do people fall for this? It amazes me.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

We had this crap happen to us too. Called on the landline we had at the time. Some women with horrible English. So I screwed around with it for about 3 minutes. Then I told the woman would you like my Social security number? She said yes. I said you ready. She said yes. I said ok it's f u. c k y o u, and hung up

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post

Yeah these fuks call me once a month. Always Indian sounding people.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's good to play along

I ask where to send cash and can they meet me in person

jameski999
    jameski999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4260

They called me also. I fukked with them as long as I could. Finally told them I could only pay them in Applebee's gift cards they hung up on me and would never answer when I tried calling back

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I love telling them That I am heading to Walmart to get a green dot card to pay them. Tell them to call me back in half hour. 1 day I had him call me back over 10x over 6 hours. He probably thought he finally got a W. At the end of day he finally realized I was penetrating with him. Cussed me out for 3 mins in Indian languange.

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Red dot indian here im assuming.

TheMoneyShot

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

You Tube is loaded with vids of guys messing with these scammers.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

I got a call like this. I started shouting about how much I hate the IRS and f. all government agents and daring them to arrest me and telling them I'll blow their brains out if they come to arrest me.

That strategy sure as heck might backfire if I ever got a legit call I thought was a scam.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Great post, had a phony one call me Saturday. Even used an old area code I used to live

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

I USE TO GET CALLS 3 TIMES A DAY AND I USE TO penetrate WITH THEM AND CALL THEM BACK. I TOLD THEM TO COME TO MY HOUSE AND ID PAY BY STICKING A GUN UP THEIR ASS. THEN I READ WHERE THEY MADE AN ARREST AND HEARD NOTHING AFTER THAT.

TheMoneyShot

I heard the US govt (Trump Crew) will pass a law soon in which.... if you encounter one of these clowns over the phone. You are allowed to fully rip their ball sack off.... and laugh at them while doing so.

Fukking cockaroaches.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

I haven't got the IRS call yet, but I get the "I.T. Department" calling me all the time saying there is a problem with my computer. I keep them on the line as long as possible until they realize I'm screwing with them and they hang up.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I used to get 2 or 3 calls a day from some loan shark agency trying to give me a business loan. I would have a conversation with them using Peter Griffin and Quagmire soundboards

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

The videos on YouTube are hilarious ml. But unfortunately this scam must work cause they don't give up.

MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Unless IRS have a very specific reason to harass you (known radical, political target, etc.) they don't call people to talk about sums as low $10,000 or under. They don't have the personnel to bother with something their computers take care of with letters to you, the courts, and to your financial accounts.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Quote Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
    Unless IRS have a very specific reason to harass you (known radical, political target, etc.) they don't call people to talk about sums as low $10,000 or under. They don't have the personnel to bother with something their computers take care of with letters to you, the courts, and to your financial accounts.
    I once got a letter that I owed $30,000. The reason why is PayPal sent them an invoice saying I received something like $180,000 in receipts over that year. While it is true I received that much money in receipts, my inventory cost was something like $175,000. PayPal doesn't mention that part. So I had to file an amended return.

I never got any phone calls though.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

First off...the IRS will NEVER call you...they will notify you first my US Mail before anything happens to you..no matter what anyone tells you anywhere.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    First off...the IRS will NEVER call you...they will notify you first my US Mail before anything happens to you..no matter what anyone tells you anywhere.
    He's right. Irs never calls you first

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10740

I get these same calls from time to time. I just got called from a fake Windows support person. They try to get in and make it seem you have a virus and want money sent to remove it. The phone said Turkey that was all it said. I asked where he was calling from in an over the top overly happy voice. He said California. I asked for his zip code. He did not know what that was . He kept asking for info on my computer so i wondered how far i could push it until he would hang up. And yes he barely could speak English.

All the while in my happy voice i would answer his questions while asking him some myself. He asked if i hit control and something else if i saw a number. I said Yes 8675309jenny. I asked if he would like to be my friend my best friend. I told him i could talk telepathically with trees. I told him a am so grateful he will save my computer all 20 of them all with viruses and i wanted to send him cash because he was my best friend i have waited for all my life.

He just kept going with the script. Then i thought wait if he is calling from Turkey on my cell i hope i am not paying for this. So i hung up. But it was kinda fun.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I always got those calls, now I just use a whistle when I answer the phone and call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on them

well no one wants to fukkin call back with a fukkin whistle on the other end.

should also cut down on 15 yard penalties though

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    A buddy of mine... his girlfriend had this scam done to her. Said she owed $3,000 to IRS... and please pay us as quickly as possible... or we will throw you in jail.

She was ready to send the $ using M G until she took a deep breath and thought everything through The look on her face (he told me) was an all time classic.

more than a few
    http://www.latimes.com/world/la-fg-i...027-story.html

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

last year or a couple years ago they called my mom

she was half worried half sceptic but took down a number and called me to tell me the info

and I was like, "Mom I haven't lived at that address ever, I last lived with you in another home and city in 1999, you don't think the IRS knows I moved out of state and to Chicago 15 years ago?"

I googled the number she gave me and all sorts of scam reports came up. I walked her through how to do a reverse number look up or google search on it in the future for other type scams that prey on the elderly.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

enjoy