RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Did the refs make sure UNC won?

You guys keep saying "human error" and whatnot, but why is it that "human error" always happens in critical moments in the final minutes of games with an officiating crew that is supposedly elite and not prone to error and is getting paid a lot according to people here who have met them?

I'm talking about the play at the a little over one minutes left when they gave the ball back to North Carolina on an airball and the refs didn't call the obvious foul on the three point shooter by Meeks who smacked his shooting hand, not allowing the shooter to follow through. That's such an easy call to make. It really seems the refs are letting Arkansas cover, but not win.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

also it was a charge when meeks tipped it in unreal

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

UNC player charged, traveled then another player went over the back for the tip in all in one play sealed the deal. What a fukking rip off. I knew the refs would control this shit. Fukking awful.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    UNC player charged, traveled then another player went over the back for the tip in all in one play sealed the deal. What a fukking rip off. I knew the refs would control this shit. Fukking awful.
    Yeah that was worse. Has to be some kind of whistle block charge or travel lol

Memento
    Short Term Memory Loss Required
    Memento's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

Certainly a travel...I counted 4 steps.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    You guys keep saying "human error" and whatnot, but why is it that "human error" always happens in critical moments in the final minutes of games with an officiating crew that is supposedly elite and not prone to error and is getting paid a lot according to people here who have met them?

I'm talking about the play at the a little over one minutes left when they gave the ball back to North Carolina on an airball and the refs didn't call the obvious foul on the three point shooter by Meeks who smacked his shooting hand, not allowing the shooter to follow through. That's such an easy call to make. It really seems the refs are letting Arkansas cover, but not win.
    hate to tell you that hand is considered part of the ball. mac tough loss but my bracket is shitty enough.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I bet UNC live....it's called the Robbie factor....easy money

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    hate to tell you that hand is considered part of the ball. mac tough loss but my bracket is shitty enough.
    I'm glad I didn't make a large play on the ML. I took points and a lil bit on ML. We both knew the refs would decide this game and that's what happened. Arkansas fuked themselves down the stretch as well with shitty possessions but the refs are already in UNC/Duke's pockets. That's the Final they all want to see.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6410

Bullshit, shut the fuk up already with the "it was rigged" schtick

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

yeah probably better if you understood the rules of basketball before starting a thread......no way in hell is that a foul if you are referring to the call they went to the monitor to look at.....you could argue the ball was tipped but then you have the whole shot clock issue

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Wasn't a foul on the 3 but ball clearly tipped. Looked like ark should of have 2 seconds
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave thetrinity 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Didnt see any of that as I was surfing, but I believe it all, its UNC after all. Sad that things happen like this.

chico2663

yup . if ark makes ft then they don't need a 3. Rewound the charge/travel call. Kid from ark reached in. Should of stayed to absorb some contact instead of flopping. My 3 bets today were kansas ,ri and uc so it didn't affect anything but my bracket.

RobbieStacks

How was that not a foul on the three? If you hit the other player's shooting hand every time such that he can't follow through, he'd "airball" every shot.

RobbieStacks

I have no stake in this game btw. I would have bet Ark +10.5 expecting a single digit loss if I did.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Didnt see any of that as I was surfing, but I believe it all, its UNC after all. Sad that things happen like this.
    Sort of like that wide strikezone for maddox. Some things never change.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

i'm not sure if officials are biased or just inefficient. even the 8/9 games they were terrible. Since they aren't conference officials i assume they are mixed crews? If so they may have to reevaluate and go with teams that are familiar with each other.

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

No they didn't. Arkansas couldn't score the ball.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

yup . if ark makes ft then they don't need a 3. Rewound the charge/travel call. Kid from ark reached in. Should of stayed to absorb some contact instead of flopping. My 3 bets today were kansas ,ri and uc so it didn't affect anything but my bracket.
    the obvious part of that play was the extension of Berry's right arm. that was a charge.

chico2663

but the ark player reached before the arm.

Mac4Lyfe

How was that not a foul on the three? If you hit the other player's shooting hand every time such that he can't follow through, he'd "airball" every shot.
    Exactly. Hand is part of the ball while you're dribbling BUT it is not when you are shooting. That was a clear foul that obviously wasn't going to get called by paid off refs and even when they replay the ball was clearly blocked which is why it came up short but refs have to protect their blue bloods. It is, what it is. Arkansas has to realize that and cannot leave it up to the refs. You have to kick their ass and stick their dicks in the dirt. Arky had them on the ropes at the 5 minute mark but couldn't bury them. Shame on Arky.

chico2663

guess you never played. I sucked and was never allowed to shoot. Even in cyo. But i did officiate and was taught hand is part of the ball. You can call a foul on any play. The thing an official is taught is that it doesn't effect the play then swallow your whistle.

Mac4Lyfe

but the ark player reached before the arm.
    They called the exact same charge on Macon earlier. It should have been a travel for sure. Kingsley stopped playing (which was stupid on his part) and was arguing the call while UNC player kept playing and tipped that shit in. I've never seen refs continue a play like that. It's clearly something and the play should have been blown dead. They just let them keep playing.

chico2663

Exactly. Hand is part of the ball while you're dribbling BUT it is not when you are shooting. That was a clear foul that obviously wasn't going to get called by paid off refs and even when they replay the ball was clearly blocked which is why it came up short but refs have to protect their blue bloods. It is, what it is. Arkansas has to realize that and cannot leave it up to the refs. You have to kick their ass and stick their dicks in the dirt. Arky had them on the ropes at the 5 minute mark but couldn't bury them. Shame on Arky.
    Mack if they called that foul on you then you would of fainted.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I have no stake in this game btw. I would have bet Ark +10.5 expecting a single digit loss if I did.

chico2663

They called the exact same charge on Macon earlier. It should have been a travel for sure. Kingsley stopped playing (which was stupid on his part) and was arguing the call while UNC player kept playing and tipped that shit in. I've never seen refs continue a play like that. It's clearly something and the play should have been blown dead. They just let them keep playing.
    only watched last 4 minutes of game. Watching rhode island. Got 500 on it with book

Mac4Lyfe

Mack if they called that foul on you then you would of fainted.
    I wouldn't have called it a foul but I've seen worst. Steph Curry would have gotten that call.

Mac4Lyfe

only watched last 4 minutes of game. Watching rhode island. Got 500 on it with book
    They are playing tough. I hope they can finish strong and not get flustered down the stretch. As RI turns the ball over again for an easy layup.

chico2663

Which came first the egg or the chicken. Which came first the reach or the forearm

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Yeah the refs "blue blood". 2 PAC12 refs & at Big10 one!

cant make this shit up

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28967

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I bet UNC live....it's called the Robbie factor....easy money
    DIrty gets it

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Fouls were 20 total ark 10 unc. It wasn't rigged but Arkansas just fouled double the amount unc did

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

ball don't lie

chico2663

i think ri got screwed but was afraid i would lose in ot. Biggest bet I ever made was when ucincy played n.c. in the elite eight. Nicky van exel hits that 3 to send it to o.t. and I lost.

12 Last