seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

UCLA is the odds on favorite to win the NCAAB championship

They don't look that good. What am I missing here????

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

not missing anything. absolute dead money. Most likely wont even get out of the first weekend

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Hard to believe, dont see why.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Must be the Ball hype

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I think a team from the West wins it finally. UCLA looks pretty damn good.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I think a team from the West wins it finally. UCLA looks pretty damn good.
    Why not Arizona?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UCLA pounding everyone lately

Of course they are favs

jtoler

You need defense, 3 pt shooting, depth and good coaching to win. UCLA's offense is more their defense perhaps and team not really deep. With that said there isnt really a team that on paper sets themselves apart, its a toss up.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-02-17 at 09:53 AM.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Need Leaf back healthy. Very important piece

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Why not Arizona?
    They would be West as well. I like their chances too.

jtoler

Zona may have too many freshmen, think UCLA is better than them, they beat UCLA on road earlier but Bruins come in and smack them around on senior night, cant have that happen.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Leaf with the ankle sprain might change those odds in a hurry.. Looked like a bad roll too.. I know I just had that happen to me.. Been a week and I still can't run on it..

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Zona may have too many freshmen, think UCLA is better than them, they beat UCLA on road earlier but Bruins come in and smack them around on senior night, cant have that happen.
    Very sharp post, exactly on point.

Zona DOES have too many frosh and has massively exceeded expectations in every facet. Even coach Miller said going in that he didn't know if they'd make the tourney, and let's keep in mind that they went the first 19 games without their best player in Trier. This is why coach Miller is likely going to get coach of the year, what an unbelievable job BUT we all know they have to go to the final four for this year to be called a true success.

UCLA has had the best offense in the game for awhile now but in the latest matchup with Zona they showed that they can play D if they need to as well, against one of the better half court teams in the nation.

As a Zona fan I wasn't pleased to see them lose but I almost think they did themselves a big favor if it leads to them getting the #2 seed out West as opposed to a #1 elsewhere. We get those Tuscon fans following the Cats come tourney time, going crazy and getting the freshmen psyched up with good energy and the sky is the limit.
    To me UCLA being a favorite makes sense, and Nova should be right behind them.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Usually by now you would have the horse racing expert or the more formal gambling guy scolding you for calling UCLA and ODDS on favorite, which they are not.

UCLA very nice team I think.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5429

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Very sharp post, exactly on point.

Zona DOES have too many frosh and has massively exceeded expectations in every facet. Even coach Miller said going in that he didn't know if they'd make the tourney, and let's keep in mind that they went the first 19 games without their best player in Trier. This is why coach Miller is likely going to get coach of the year, what an unbelievable job BUT we all know they have to go to the final four for this year to be called a true success.

UCLA has had the best offense in the game for awhile now but in the latest matchup with Zona they showed that they can play D if they need to as well, against one of the better half court teams in the nation.

As a Zona fan I wasn't pleased to see them lose but I almost think they did themselves a big favor if it leads to them getting the #2 seed out West as opposed to a #1 elsewhere. We get those Tuscon fans following the Cats come tourney time, going crazy and getting the freshmen psyched up with good energy and the sky is the limit.
    To me UCLA being a favorite makes sense, and Nova should be right behind them.
    Good to see Steve-O back!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11794

One of many

jjgold

NC or Kansas other two powers

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

UNC, Kansas, WV, Nova are the teams to beat. UCLA is in the second tier.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Considering a Pac 12 team hasn't sniffed the final 4 in over a decade, let alone a team full of freshmen, I doubt it. We hear the same shit every year about 1 or 2 Pac 12 teams that are just so so so good then they are no where to be found a few rounds into the tournament. Not very tough to look great or have a great record when you only play 2 other teams that are worth a shit in conference.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

Could see 3 pac 12 teams as 2 seeds

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Considering a Pac 12 team hasn't sniffed the final 4 in over a decade, let alone a team full of freshmen, I doubt it. We hear the same shit every year about 1 or 2 Pac 12 teams that are just so so so good then they are no where to be found a few rounds into the tournament. Not very tough to look great or have a great record when you only play 2 other teams that are worth a shit in conference.
    I was explaining this, almost verbatim, to a friend yesterday!

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

...Everyone in here talking about UCLA and Arizona, but fail to mention the Best in the West - Oregon.

I think Oregon is a final four team but idk if they win it all.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I see what you're saying Unde, but to say a PAC team hasn't sniffed a final four? Oregon was Elite Eight last year and I'm pretty sure Zona was a couple seasons ago.

I do think this season the PAC 12 is so awful outside of the top 3 that it's possibly making them seem better than they are. Throw an Iowa State, a Minnesota, a Louisville or Florida State into the PAC 12 and all of a sudden UCLA, Zona & Oregon aren't looking quite so much like world beaters.

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

UCLA is the most talented team in the country right now. Oddsmakers have it right.. They are deep, can go big or small, and are very quick. They can get underneath the hoop on anybody. They also go on big runs which kills their opponent.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

good team...sure.....odds on favorite lol.....100% NO
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
    UCLA is the most talented team in the country right now. Oddsmakers have it right.. They are deep, can go big or small, and are very quick. They can get underneath the hoop on anybody. They also go on big runs which kills their opponent.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Gonna be one of the usual taking it down again lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I see what you're saying Unde, but to say a PAC team hasn't sniffed a final four? Oregon was Elite Eight last year and I'm pretty sure Zona was a couple seasons ago.

I do think this season the PAC 12 is so awful outside of the top 3 that it's possibly making them seem better than they are. Throw an Iowa State, a Minnesota, a Louisville or Florida State into the PAC 12 and all of a sudden UCLA, Zona & Oregon aren't looking quite so much like world beaters.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

wait till conf tourney closes if they still 6-1 well worth a BIG bet

have feeling could be 4-1 ish if they win out - this team a lot more than hype they are for real

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

have feeling could be 4-1 ish if they win out - this team a lot more than hype they are for real
    There are quite a few teams that can run and gun against UCLA in the big 12. If UCLA is ALL offense and little defense a team like OK st and Iowa St would give them hell

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    There are quite a few teams that can run and gun against UCLA in the big 12. If UCLA is ALL offense and little defense a team like OK st and Iowa St would give them hell
    very doubtful but time will tell

bleedgreen
    bleedgreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Have you guys seen them play?

Ive watched them all year.

Best offense I have seen in a very long time. too good. they're in the elite eight easy.

bleedgreen
    bleedgreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post

I have them +1500 very happy

Ball hype is no lie. how will he be in the pros? time will tell…….but I can tell you one thing for a fact……he will be in total control, 2 ways, of every game in march...

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    Usually by now you would have the horse racing expert or the more formal gambling guy scolding you for calling UCLA and ODDS on favorite, which they are not
    +1 you beat me to it. not remotely close to odds-on fave.

ucla seems to be one of a bunch of a large bunch of teams in 7 to 10 to 1 odds range.

jjgold

UCLA
    NC
    Kansas

I would think one of these win -120

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Good to see Steve-O back!
    Good to see you as well man.

Cuse0323

No one from the Big 12 will win. Pac 12, UNC. Maybe someone else from the B1G, ACC, or I guess Florida out of the SEC.

12 Last