BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1955

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Not really Mayan. The reality is we won the election and now we completely control the government. We started ripping up the last 8 years of failure and now we get America going again.

Funny thing these elections. Now its our turn to lead and the libs turn to cry. That's all that's going on here.
    IN charge never in conrtol

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1955

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I'm starting to think that most Trump voters have daddy issues and need a tough talking closet homo to lead them like abused children....
    well said but most were just anti-democratic and didn't really care who the republican choice was

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    First of all you should correctly spell the name of the President. That way it won't seem like you are a 12 year old. Secondly, Trump limited travel from a list of countries that the previous president, I'll spell his name for you, Obama. Maybe you think Obama was part of a conspiracy?

Not sure why you would think Trump supporters would be scared of their own shadow unless you just couldn't think of anything smarter to say, or dumber as the case may be. He is working hard, keeping his promises and the country is making a dramatic comeback from the dark and unproductive Obama years.
    don't give them the facts Roy..Liberals have short circuited..and Im enjoying it, they have done everything to de-railed Trump and are just getting steam rolled. wait till Trumps moves prove fruitful ..there heads are gonna explode..LMFA
    Last edited by HAPPY BOY; 02-25-17 at 06:47 AM.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

rooster feels heavier than last 8 years

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Ok, Brooks. Since you consider yourself to be intelligent and consider me to be dumb, explain to me the comedy in this situation.

I know an Ethiopian immigrant who busts her ass working 12 hour hospital shifts, does an excellent job at doing her work, and goes to community college full time on the side. Other members of her family want to come to America to have the same opportunities to work hard that she does. Her sister arrived in August, but now both of them fear that none of their other family members will be able to even visit them because they are Muslim.

You may think they are overreacting. You may disagree with their political views, but I fail to see how their fear is "comedy gold." Please explain this to me.
    I don't consider you to be dumb, if anything, you're just worried about a friend which is nothing to be ashamed of or blamed for. But, that doesn't mean you can't be wrong. You must understand you have no reason to worry. And when you understand that you must repeat it to her until he understands it.

Sure, it is sad that people are actually out there worried about something that is never going to happen much like the rapture. In both cases what do you want me to do about their concerns? People who sit around worrying about the rapture are no different than people sitting around filling their head with BS news; it's hilarious.

Also, since your friend is a legal immigrant how doe she feel about people cutting the line and being a drain on society? The opposite of what she has done.
    Last edited by brooks85; 02-25-17 at 07:26 AM.

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I don't consider you to be dumb, if anything, you're just worried about a friend which is nothing to be ashamed of or blamed for. But, that doesn't mean you can't be wrong. You must understand you have no reason to worry. And when you understand that you must repeat it to her until he understands it.

Sure, it is sad that people are actually out there worried about something that is never going to happen much like the rapture. In both cases what do you want me to do about their concerns? People who sit around worrying about the rapture are no different than people sitting around filling their head with BS news; it's hilarious.

Also, since your friend is a legal immigrant how doe she feel about people cutting the line and being a drain on society? The opposite of what she has done.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I'm starting to think that most Trump voters have daddy issues and need a tough talking closet homo to lead them like abused children....
    sounds like you are speaking from personal experience again puta.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    well said but most were just anti-democratic and didn't really care who the republican choice was
    Yeah, that's why he won PA, MI, and WI for the first time in ages.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Trump and fuggin twitter. Not a good thing.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    It is not a reasonable inference. It is listening to fearmongers who want you to believe that. It is "comedy gold" because you and "your friend" should really stop listening to CNN once in awhile. Again, the travel ban intel came from the Obama Administration.

Now for another question. Why should we not curb back on immigration for awhile? Do we not have the right to ensure our country's borders are secure? And that perhaps we have some needs for our current citizens that need to be met over the needs of people wanting to come to country?
    This person knows what's up and has a clue!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

BadNina = lady

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    BadNina, the last time I watched CNN George W. Bush was still President.

The point of my first post was that since Donald Trump was elected people have started treating those who disagree with them with hatred and/or fear. I hope that if we have disagreements, they can be respectful. To answer your questions:

1) I do not know enough about geopolitics and the effects of immigration to know whether or not America's current levels are too high, too low, or about right. A 40% cut in a year does seem drastic, particularly since immigration levels have been essentially flat since 2001, but I trust the opinions of people who study this sort of thing professionally more than I trust my gut.

2) Of course we have the right to secure borders. I never argued otherwise. What exactly constitutes a secure border will be different for different people.

3) You are phrasing your question as an either/or, and I don't think that's the case in reality. Immigrants often benefit the needs of existing citizens, particularly when it comes to starting businesses. Elon Musk is a good example of this. If he wasn't let in, the 14,000 American Tesla employees would be out of work and the company would instead be running in his native South Africa.
    We need to stop catering to immigrants and other Countries and need to start taking care of unemployed American citizens, American families in poverty, and our own homeless.. The tax money spent on Immigration and foreign add is alarming.. AMERICA FIRST!!!!

Democrats care more about other Countries and foreign peoples troubles then are own American citizens.. That's another reason why HIllary lost the election.. American voters are tired of helping foreigners before helping our own..

We do not fly a world flag, we fly an American flag last I checked!!! AMERICA FIRST NOW!!!!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11732

He just said he got our debt down 12 billion. How can you not love this man?He said in 4 years we will be debt free and wont have to pay taxes

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

I appreciate your change in tone, Brooks. I do think we are talking past each other a bit, though.

I do think that the immigrants I know are overreacting, although I also think their fears are more justified than you do. The point I'm trying to make is that people I know from different walks of life are demonizing those who disagree with them in a way they didn't do before the election. I say the same thing when my immigrant friends talk about Trump Voters as I say when my working-class white friends talk about immigrants. "Once you get to know 'em they're not so bad."

And believe me, I don't have to ask any of my friends what they think of illegal immigrants or immigration in general. Whether native or foreign born, they volunteer that information pretty readily. My preferred tactic is to let them vent, and then change the topic to something that I think will make them happy.

Last edited by Ian; 02-25-17 at 05:35 PM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ I've traveled the world and I agree people are people for the most part and usually pretty nice and loving..

Americans have been the same but now America needs to take care of America for once.. Americans need jobs right now and we can't be giving them away to immigrants and especially illegal immigrants if we want to better America..

Our schooling is over crowded and busting at the seems, from public to Universities.... I'd rather see an American citizen get accepted into a prestigious college over an immigrant with a paid for grant on the American tax dollar...

America FIRST for once is what Trump is trying to do, most Americans are ok with that and that's why he won the election.. Immigrants should think more about making their own Countries better and not raping ours for freebies also...

Points Awarded:

RoyBacon gave JIBBBY 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

First 123