JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Laker check out this video,this guy is very knowledgeable about what is going on in Sweden. Ive watched a lot of his stuff,opens your eyes abit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_viPSD-bY
    Yep...

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Yep...

Cant listen to these damn Swedish politicians on this either,they are so disconnected from ordinary Swedes and what they have to deal with.

Cheers!
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-20-17 at 11:44 PM.

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Baffled? by what exactly.
    If you have to ask, there is no use in explaining.

Do your own homework. I will give you some helpful advice. Start by reading reputable journalists, not YouTube. The WSJ is good paper unless your buying into the Fake News conspiracy.

I am a fan of the first amendment. Tell me how it is, not what I want to hear. Sadly one of the main pillars of democracy, a free press, is eroding.

It is probably not what you want to hear so my statements will be ignored.

I will just sit back and watch while people bow to their demagogue.

packerd_00

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    If you have to ask, there is no use in explaining.

Do your own homework. I will give you some helpful advice. Start by reading reputable journalists, not YouTube. The WSJ is good paper unless your buying into the Fake News conspiracy.

I am a fan of the first amendment. Tell me how it is, not what I want to hear. Sadly one of the main pillars of democracy, a free press, is eroding.

It is probably not what you want to hear so my statements will be ignored.

I will just sit back and watch while people bow to their demagogue.
    Your not to bright are you, some guy from friggin Georgia that thinks he has a clue about Sweden,the countries turned to shit and ill take the word of a man that lives as an ordinary Swede day in day out then some politican that hasn't.Same goes for the Journalists.

Trump hasn't said anything that hasn't been echoed time and time again.
    Last edited by packerd_00; 02-20-17 at 11:56 PM.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!

unless your buying into the Fake News conspiracy.
    qwertvt.. I'll make this easy on you. Yes, they are. In their mind actual journalists and publications that say bad stuff about the Fuhrer are fake. Anyone with a keyboard that says good things about tiny hands is legit.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
    qwertvt.. I'll make this easy on you. Yes, they are. In their mind actual journalists and publications that say bad stuff about the Fuhrer are fake. Anyone with a keyboard that says good things about tiny hands is legit.
    It's bizarre. Kind of like watching North Koreans talk about their Great Leader.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29042

It's bizarre. Kind of like watching North Koreans talk about their Great Leader.

It really is. Sad and scary at the same time

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post

It really is. Sad and scary at the same time
    You and qwert need to go find a safe place, must be unsettling to live in this kind of fear ...

astro61200

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/tru...swedish-crime/

As for the specific issue of rape, there was a 13 percent one-year increase in the number of reported rapes, which totaled 6,560 in 2016, according to preliminary numbers from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention. But that total is slightly lower than reported rapes in 2014 and about the same as the number in 2011.

Over the past decade, the number of reported rapes has increased. The total was 4,208 in 2006, a year after the country passed a law expanding its definition of rape to include cases in which a victim is intoxicated or asleep. The yearly number gradually increased through 2011 and has fluctuated in recent years.
    Don't worry, I don't expect any of the Trump guys to read that. It's pretty insightful though. They have quotes from a couple criminology professors at Stockholm University and from the head of the Department for Intercultural Dialogue at the Swedish Institute. As well as statistics from the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.

Whatever fits their agenda is what they'll believe. So if that means believing a guy with a webcam and a youtube channel or a filmmaker who is trying to start a controversy to make some money* over professors of criminology or statistics from the country in question, then so be it.

The Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter published an interview with two police officers featured in a clip of Horowitz’s film shown in the Fox News segment, one of whom called Horowitz “a madman.” They said their comments were taken out of context and that they were talking about crime in high-risk areas, not about immigration.

”We don’t stand behind it,” one of the officers said of the film. “It shocked us. He has edited the answers. We were answering completely different questions in the interview. This is bad journalism.”
    There's a quote from Mark Twain: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." That about sums up Trump's presidency in a nutshell.

(Ok guys, queue the memes, name calling, and deflections)

packerd_00

Go talk to the native Swedes,that live amongst these migrants and im sure youll get some honest truths.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave packerd_00 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

astro61200

Go talk to the native Swedes,that live amongst these migrants and im sure youll get some honest truths.
    It's called selective bias. I'm sure I could walk around Tampa and find people who hate anything I want them to, just ask enough people. I'm also sure I could find people I wanted to agree with me on any topic. Obviously Fox "News" is going to vet these people to make sure they're going to provide the answers they're looking for.

packerd_00

It's called selective bias. I'm sure I could walk around Tampa and find people who hate anything I want them to, just ask enough people. I'm also sure I could find people I wanted to agree with me on any topic. Obviously Fox "News" is going to vet these people to make sure they're going to provide the answers they're looking for.
    So people just picked Sweden out of the hat to pick on,come on man,just because you don't like Trump and what he stands for doesn't mean he's bonkers on this issue.

astro61200

So people just picked Sweden out of the hat to pick on,come on man,just because you don't like Trump and what he stands for doesn't mean he's bonkers on this issue.
    Fox News wants proof that refugees are bad to make Trump look better. They get a filmmaker who made a "documentary" that "proves" refugees are causing issues in Sweden. Filmmaker gets free publicity and the potential for tons of money to go on the network. Fox News gets to "prove" that refugees are bad. It's a win-win for both sides.

Police officers in the "documentary" even stated that segments were cut and spliced together to create the illusion that their answers from different questions were pertaining to refugee criminal acts.

It would be the equivalent to if another country had Michael Moore on babbling about one of his movies and treated it as fact to further their agenda. Literally, the same.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Astro, all news stations do this. So you are saying that all the info you want to show us is all real yet anything that would contradict it was just made up? I seem to remember watching every liberal news station running poll after poll, pre election, that had Hilary winning in a landslide and basically talked for days before election night all but calling the election. Then reality happened. I guess people still haven't gotten over that yet but ya those "reputable journalist" nailed it on that one. No false reporting on that. Now they look for every little bit of anything to try and get people to forget that embarrassment. Even have CNN guys putting out false reports that Trump removed the MLK piece on MLK Day which was a flatout lie. So lets settle it down a notch. Both sides come up with stupid shit everyday.

qwertvt

You and qwert need to go find a safe place, must be unsettling to live in this kind of fear
    You may be on to something.

I need a safe place for 4 years so I am thinking Sweden.

There are alot of hot Swedish women.

Good on ya JIBBBY!

Finally . . . we have a Trump supporter that admits America is unsafe and unsettled while Trump is in office. I never thought i would see the day.

astro61200

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Astro, all news stations do this. So you are saying that all the info you want to show us is all real yet anything that would contradict it was just made up? I seem to remember watching every liberal news station running poll after poll, pre election, that had Hilary winning in a landslide and basically talked for days before election night all but calling the election. Then reality happened. I guess people still haven't gotten over that yet but ya those "reputable journalist" nailed it on that one. No false reporting on that. Now they look for every little bit of anything to try and get people to forget that embarrassment. Even have CNN guys putting out false reports that Trump removed the MLK piece on MLK Day which was a flatout lie. So lets settle it down a notch. Both sides come up with stupid shit everyday.
    Never said they didn't all do it. I provided statistics from the organization that keeps them for the country of Sweden. As well as two criminology professors from Stockholm.

Hilary Clinton has nothing to do with this, stop deflecting. Also factcheck.org has nothing to do with CNN

In fact, unde, your entire post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about except admitting Fox News chose to run the information in a way to further their agenda. Since you believe that by stating "all news stations do this" then you must agree with my assessment. This would mean the only logical conclusion you can come to is that Trump made a stupid statement without any basis. That he is regurgitating Fox News' agenda to the public and then refusing to admit he was wrong.

packerd_00

Fox News wants proof that refugees are bad to make Trump look better. They get a filmmaker who made a "documentary" that "proves" refugees are causing issues in Sweden. Filmmaker gets free publicity and the potential for tons of money to go on the network. Fox News gets to "prove" that refugees are bad. It's a win-win for both sides.

Police officers in the "documentary" even stated that segments were cut and spliced together to create the illusion that their answers from different questions were pertaining to refugee criminal acts.

It would be the equivalent to if another country had Michael Moore on babbling about one of his movies and treated it as fact to further their agenda. Literally, the same.
    Ive been hearing about Swedens rape crisis for ages,these Proffessors have about as much clue as you or I about whats really going on in the streets of Sweden.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You may be on to something.

I need a safe place for 4 years so I am thinking Sweden.

There are alot of hot Swedish women.

Good on ya JIBBBY!

Finally . . . we have a Trump supporter that admits America is unsafe and unsettled while Trump is in office. I never thought i would see the day.
    So scary I know.. A wall will only make it more scary, a flight ban will only make it really scary, a crack down on illegal immigrants will turn America into hell on earth. Russia, China, and North Korea for sure will send their nukes now... Etc.. Etc..

Got safe place.. Lol..

Grow a pair son.. Don't be afraid and embrace the win...

astro61200

Ive been hearing about Swedens rape crisis for ages,these Proffessors have about as much clue as you or I about whats really going on in the streets of Sweden.
    Stocholm University is in Stockholm. Which is the capital of Sweden.

But, yes, you are correct (sort of). Sweden's rape tally has increased. That's because they changed their laws to expand the definition of rape.

Over the past decade, the number of reported rapes has increased. The total was 4,208 in 2006, a year after the country passed a law expanding its definition of rape to include cases in which a victim is intoxicated or asleep. The yearly number gradually increased through 2011 and has fluctuated in recent years.

Sarnecki noted that Sweden has a “very broad legal definition of rape” and that “Swedish women are aware of their rights and have a high propensity to report sexual assaults, and we calculate crimes in a different manner than comparable countries.”

However, if you admit you've "been hearing about Swedens rape crisis for ages" then you, too, must admit that refugees have no ill effect on the rape total. If they've been having a "rape crisis for ages" then, obviously, this crisis was going on before the refugees started to roll in. Thus you must be admitting too that Trump made a stupid statement without any basis and that he is regurgitating Fox News' agenda to the public as fact and then refusing to admit he is wrong.

packerd_00

Astro when I say ages,I mean for awhile,the migrant problem in Sweden hasn't just popped up on the radar,I remember a few years ago,reading articles about problems they were having with migrants raping native women,its not a new thing.

qwertvt

There's a quote from Mark Twain: "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." That about sums up Trump's presidency in a nutshell.

(Ok guys, queue the memes, name calling, and deflections)
    Come on Astro....throwing a literary reference to a Trump fanatic. That's in a book for godsake. Fight fair.

Stick with Fox, Twitter, weirdo blogs and apparently one guy in Sweden we know nothing about.

astro61200

Astro when I say ages,I mean for awhile,the migrant problem in Sweden hasn't just popped up on the radar,I remember a few years ago,reading articles about problems they were having with migrants raping native women,its not a new thing.
    Links? I realize you said a few years ago so asking for links is kind of absurd (who the hell has links from years ago laying around), but I'm providing statistical facts. I'm not saying I read somewhere a couple years ago that something happened.

Statistically speaking there is nothing to suggest that refugees are going out and raping people in Sweden. The opinion of a filmmaker who is trying to make a shitload of money and has been accused of butchering an interview to meet his agenda, by those who were interviewed, has no clout.

Selective bias from a television network to boost ratings and further their own agenda, as common as it is, also doesn't mean that refugees are in Sweden raping anything that walks.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the filmmaker making his documentary however he sees fit and trying to get rich. I'm also fine with Fox News giving their fanbase what they want.

I am not fine with the President of the United States of America going around and commenting on it as fact and then refusing to admit he was incorrect. The President has to be held to a higher standard. Trump has failed at this time and time again, that is why I can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and why I believe he is ill-fit to run the United States.

That doesn't mean you, JIBBBY, unde, Dwight, brooks, or anyone else who supports Trump has to agree with me, but I just don't believe it's so difficult to understand why I don't like the guy.

packerd_00

Come on Astro....throwing a literary reference to a Trump fanatic. That's in a book for godsake. Fight fair.

Stick with Fox, Twitter, weirdo blogs and apparently one guy in Sweden we know nothing about.
    That's right guy,your the genius that lives in Georgia and thinks he knows better then actual Swedes. Bloody idiot.

packerd_00

Links? I realize you said a few years ago so asking for links is kind of absurd (who the hell has links from years ago laying around), but I'm providing statistical facts. I'm not saying I read somewhere a couple years ago that something happened.

Statistically speaking there is nothing to suggest that refugees are going out and raping people in Sweden. The opinion of a filmmaker who is trying to make a shitload of money and has been accused of butchering an interview to meet his agenda, by those who were interviewed, has no clout.

Selective bias from a television network to boost ratings and further their own agenda, as common as it is, also doesn't mean that refugees are in Sweden raping anything that walks.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the filmmaker making his documentary however he sees fit and trying to get rich. I'm also fine with Fox News giving their fanbase what they want.

I am not fine with the President of the United States of America going around and commenting on it as fact and then refusing to admit he was incorrect. The President has to be held to a higher standard. Trump has failed at this time and time again, that is why I can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and why I believe he is ill-fit to run the United States.

That doesn't mean you, JIBBBY, unde, Dwight, brooks, or anyone else who supports Trump has to agree with me, but I just don't believe it's so difficult to understand why I don't like the guy.
    Ill see if I can find some,dont know if youll believe the stories though,seems like we all have are minds made up. Don't think I agree with Trump on everything he says,thats not true. You have your own beliefs that doesn't bother me,aslong as we can have a debate and not fly off the handle,its all good.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave packerd_00 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

qwertvt

Nevermind
    Last edited by qwertvt; 02-21-17 at 01:35 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Never said they didn't all do it. I provided statistics from the organization that keeps them for the country of Sweden. As well as two criminology professors from Stockholm.

Hilary Clinton has nothing to do with this, stop deflecting. Also factcheck.org has nothing to do with CNN

In fact, unde, your entire post has nothing to do with what I'm talking about except admitting Fox News chose to run the information in a way to further their agenda. Since you believe that by stating "all news stations do this" then you must agree with my assessment. This would mean the only logical conclusion you can come to is that Trump made a stupid statement without any basis. That he is regurgitating Fox News' agenda to the public and then refusing to admit he was wrong.
    Jesus Astro, to be honest with you I am not even sure what you are talking about. I am not hanging on every word or movement by the President. We elected a President now I am letting him do his job, like most Americans. Is he the perfect President? No. Is the world going to end tomorrow like many leftist nut jobs act like it is? No. The guy is trying to secure the borders of our country and people make it sound like the sky is falling, its fukin ridiculous. I personally don't fukin care about Sweden or anywhere else. I know that terrorists hate America and would like to see a strict vetting system to keep those fuks out. If that makes me a racist, nazi, or whatever the hell these fruit cakes want to call me, tell me where I can sign up. As for breaking down every word, sentence, and movement of the President, I will leave that to you.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

That's right guy,your the genius that lives in Georgia and thinks he knows better then actual Swedes. Bloody idiot.
    Wasting your time Packerd.. Reasoning with Libs that have been brainwashed by the liberal news for the past 8 years is futile..

It's a lost cause.. Radical Islam can slap them in the face and they will still be accepting.. I appreciate their compassion for humanity but there has to be a line drawn with your own safety and well being of Country before compromising it wrecklessly with open arms...

If you draw that line though you are then considered a racist and or labeled with Islamphobia.. I think we need another 9/11 to wake them up again unfortunately to see the truth.. World is not all rainbows and birds cherping sweet songs..

Conservative Republicans and leaders like Trump are saving them from their own selves.. If not America would be like Sweden and Germany in time and much worse.. Talk about living in fear..

Libs are protecting sanctuary States like LA and Chicago where crime and violence is only increasing and even that won't deter them.. Open arms again back firing...Los Angeles just got pegged as the most congested city in the world.. Thank you open borders...

Federal Government must bail out California now from their own liberal madness..

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-traffic-los-angeles-20170220-story.html

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-21-17 at 01:34 AM.

astro61200

Ill see if I can find some,dont know if youll believe the stories though,seems like we all have are minds made up. Don't think I agree with Trump on everything he says,thats not true. You have your own beliefs that doesn't bother me,aslong as we can have a debate and not fly off the handle,its all good.

qwertvt

Good way to end the thread. Agree to disagree.

One thing is for sure, love him or hate him, he has people talking. Hopefully we, both left and right, will agree in part.

packerd_00

Wasting your time Packerd.. Reasoning with Libs that have been brainwashed by the liberal news for the past 8 years is futile..

It's a lost cause.. Radical Islam can slap them in the face and they will still be accepting.. I appreciate their compassion for humanity but there has to be a line drawn with your own safety and well being of Country before compromising it wrecklessly with open arms...

If you draw that line though you are then considered a racist and or labeled with Islamphobia.. I think we need another 9/11 to wake them up again unfortunately to see the truth.. World is not all rainbows and birds cherping sweet songs..

Conservative Republicans and leaders like Trump are saving them from their own selves.. If not America would be like Sweden and Germany in time and much worse.. Talk about living in fear..

Libs are protecting sanctuary States like LA and Chicago where crime and violence is only increasing and even that won't deter them.. Open arms again back firing...Los Angeles just got pegged as the most congested city in the world.. Thank you open borders...

Federal Government must bail out California now from their own liberal madness..

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-traffic-los-angeles-20170220-story.html

Christ mate,these debates go knowhere.

I see that Trump thread is still going strong by the way,500 plus pages and counting lol!

packerd_00

Good way to end the thread. Agree to disagree.

One thing is for sure, love him or hate him, he has people talking. Hopefully we, both left and right, will agree in part.
    Yeah I don't like to argue with everybody,whats the point,got nothing against any of you guys.

Trumps a very polarizing figure for sure.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Christ mate,these debates go knowhere.

I see that Trump thread is still going strong by the way,500 plus pages and counting lol!
    True, as the old saying goes - Don't argue politics or religion in life because there's never a winner in those arguments.. People are set in their ways and beliefs.... Only a very select few can truly keep an open mind..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-21-17 at 02:06 AM.

packerd_00

True, as the old saying goes - Don't argue politics or religion in life because there's never a winner in those arguments.. People are set in their ways and beliefs.... Only a very select few can truly keep an open mind..
    Well said.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Damn, this thread was ending well too. I hate to do it, but if you know Sweden then you would know those cops had to basically recant their statements. Can no one on the left really see through this? Refugees aren't causing violence, burning shit, taking the benefits because they can't work, and raping women in their free time? For fcks sake.

That said. Yeah, let's agree to disagree. I hope no ill will on you, and your families. Hopefully those that hate us all, and teach death to America didn't make their way in because the left is so tolerant.

Peace, and love for all. One big Utopia.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sweden low class Country

First 12345 Last