Da Phoenix
    Da Phoenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6784

This is a huge gamble by New Orleans cause I think Cousins will leave when he becomes FA also he and AD plays the same position.Plus how are they suppose to get other pieces when there paying AD over 100 million and I'm sure Cousins is not the type to take a back seat to AD.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Assuming they keep him a steal for New Orleans

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Buddy knew!

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    He is a cancer, the kinda guy you will NEVER win with.
    Its hard to win championship with a guy who lives at the strip club. Great talent but very questionable character.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Its hard to win championship with a guy who lives at the strip club. Great talent but very questionable character.
    Championship??? We're talking about practice here.

Garbage teams

Garbage players

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Kings could have probably gotten more

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

Winning a championship will really come down to having a quality bench. Cousins and Davis aren't much help if the bench guys come in and get dominated. As long as the Pelicans hit on some quality bench grinders/gritty gangstas, they'll have a shot to win a title with Boogie/AD.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Kings show why they are one of the worst sports franchises. Just think, this team had Isaiah Thomas and DeMarcus Cousins. Instead they are stuck with little to no talent.

What a bad trade too. Buddy Heild is a 23 year old rookie, and the first round pick from the Pelicans will probably be a mid round pick assuming the Pels make a run at the playoffs. And with the way the Kings draft, I'm sure that pick will be wasted.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

ha! Good point, they're terrible at drafting. Divac will be begging Randive to draft a Euro, D'Alessandro will be begging to draft another nutjob, and Randive being a meddler will have his own amateur opinion. Of course all 3 options terrible haha

KRIT

This is how bad the Kings are, here is their draft pick history as of late.

2016 pick #13 Georgios Papagiannis
    2015 pick #6 Willie Cauley-Stein
    2014 pick #8 Nick Stauskas
    2013 pick #7 Ben McLemore
    2012 pick #5 Thomas Robinson
    2011 pick #7 Bismack Biyombo but basically traded him for Jimmer Fredette

Once the Kings finally do something right, they screw up. They were the ones to draft Isaiah Thomas with the last overall pick. He did well in Sac, but they basically came out and said that they didn't think he was a starting caliber PG even though he had three really productive years in Sacramento. So they sign and traded him to PHX to basically clear some cap space, and the contrac IT got was only 4 years $28 mill which is basically nothing for a guy who just averaged 20 points for Sacramento.

But look how bad all their first round picks are. On top of that, I've never seen a franchise give up on early round picks so fast. He didn't even play a full season in Sacramento before they traded him to Houston. Stauskas only played on year in Sacramento and then they traded him to Philly. I just don't get how you can draft so bad that you give up on players a year later.
    Last edited by KRIT; 02-20-17 at 02:41 PM.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    with the new bargaining deal Cousins wouldve stayed basically 100% he wouldve got a 200mil contract to stay with the kings or make like 120 max somewhere else, the NBA wants players to stay on their drafted teams. Any player would be a fool not to with the new agreement, hes lucky he got traded or he wouldve been stuck in Sac for the rest of his career , at least him , Jrue and AD are a solid core and could eventually challenge for some playoff pushes
    this is what i wondered about....... in the old days, this trade is pretty good for sac-town. they get a couple of very nice pieces for someone who will walk in the next off-season anyway.

do the teams get that "re- advantage" with any player they trade for? or do they have to trade for him well before he is eligible to re-sign? also, assuming they re-sign a player to a deal much better than another team can offer then how long until they can trade the player?

not a fan of sacramento front office but i find it a little contradictory that many of same people say sac-town got fleeced but that most teams didn't want to do this "equiv value" trade i.e. teams didn't want boogie but sac-town got stiffed.

lastly, if cousins is such a great player/talent, you'd think sacramento might have won a bit more. i guess though you can say the same for NO and anthony davis who is without question a super-elite player

gojetsgomoxies

i don't know enough about nba players and strategy to give my own opinion but i'd reading that AD and cousins can play together whereas apparently okafor and AD would have been terrible fit in terms of their game.. apparently cousins and AD can play a long way from basket whereas okafor can not.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    This is how bad the Kings are, here is their draft pick history as of late.

2016 pick #13 Georgios Papagiannis
    2015 pick #6 Willie Cauley-Stein
    2014 pick #8 Nick Stauskas
    2013 pick #7 Ben McLemore
    2012 pick #5 Thomas Robinson
    2011 pick #7 Bismack Biyombo but basically traded him for Jimmer Fredette

Once the Kings finally do something right, they screw up. They were the ones to draft Isaiah Thomas with the last overall pick. He did well in Sac, but they basically came out and said that they didn't think he was a starting caliber PG even though he had three really productive years in Sacramento. So they sign and traded him to PHX to basically clear some cap space, and the contrac IT got was only 4 years $28 mill which is basically nothing for a guy who just averaged 20 points for Sacramento.

But look how bad all their first round picks are. On top of that, I've never seen a franchise give up on early round picks so fast. He didn't even play a full season in Sacramento before they traded him to Houston. Stauskas only played on year in Sacramento and then they traded him to Philly. I just don't get how you can draft so bad that you give up on players a year later.
    i agree 100%........ that's brutal how little contribution - direct or indirect - they have got from all those recent top 10 picks.

recently they were basically forced to play mclemore because of injuries and, lo and behold, he shot 60% from 3 pt range and they win 4 games in a row. obviously the 3 pt% is unsustainable but how could sac-town not play a SG who was forecast to go #2 overall in NBA draft?............... and robinson/biyombo/stauskas are such high picks for players who did nothing in sacramento. but like you i blame the management not the players.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think Cousins was done playing in Sacramento and wouldn't have resigned with them; so this way the Kings at least get something for him.

Also, Cousins is a headache. In 7 seasons in the league, Cousins has lost $1.4 million dollars due to fines, and has been suspended 11 games.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    Winning a championship will really come down to having a quality bench. Cousins and Davis aren't much help if the bench guys come in and get dominated. As long as the Pelicans hit on some quality bench grinders/gritty gangstas, they'll have a shot to win a title with Boogie/AD.
    Agreed. Holiday Cousins and Davis is a good trio. They need to upgrade at SG and SF and upgrade the bench and team will be a contender. I don't think they'll have a problem attracting talent.

I don't think people realize how good Demarcus Cousins is.

KRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Agreed. Holiday Cousins and Davis is a good trio. They need to upgrade at SG and SF and upgrade the bench and team will be a contender. I don't think they'll have a problem attracting talent.

I don't think people realize how good Demarcus Cousins is.
    Yes, they definitely need to add a wing or two. I'd guess they try to deal Terrence Jones away.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    not a fan of sacramento front office but i find it a little contradictory that many of same people say sac-town got fleeced but that most teams didn't want to do this "equiv value" trade i.e. teams didn't want boogie but sac-town got stiffed.

lastly, if cousins is such a great player/talent, you'd think sacramento might have won a bit more. i guess though you can say the same for NO and anthony davis who is without question a super-elite player
    The question is why has it taken them soooooo long to trade him? To put their fanbase through years of losing, and then blow it up (they're now about 5 years behind the Sixers). That and many other things make them laughable.

As for Davis, he has a lot in common with Cousins. THey're both from UK, both stat stuffers, and ultimately both losers. Davis is better because he plays defense. Not elite though. Truly elite players make their teammates look good. LJames, MGasol, KLeonard etc

KRIT

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...lost_draf.html

I totally forgot they drafted Whiteside, and eventually waived him. In a two year span this team drafted Cousins, Isaiah Thomas and Whiteside. Now they are all gone.

IBetYou

Lots of teams passed up Whiteside. I saw him in summer league a few times, just trying to secure a camp invite somewhere.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

jrue holiday, AD and cousins is a great core
    get a couple small pieces and they can be a solid team in the west

for the kings, easily the worst team in the league now
    Worse than the Brooklyn Nets?

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

jrue holiday, AD and cousins is a great core
    get a couple small pieces and they can be a solid team in the west

for the kings, easily the worst team in the league now

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...lost_draf.html

I totally forgot they drafted Whiteside, and eventually waived him. In a two year span this team drafted Cousins, Isaiah Thomas and Whiteside. Now they are all gone.
    Dumb owner.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    Worse than the Brooklyn Nets?
    to me .. yes

brooklyn at least has an all star talent in Brook Lopez

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It will be interesting to see if this works. I wouldn't be surprised if Cousins was a huge malcontent knowing he's going to be out $30 million.

Hopefully it works out.

Sacramento getting retracted would be good, too.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Cousins will resign with New Orleans. He lost $30 million because of this trade. He isn't going to give up another $40 million to sign with another team.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

They'll own the paint as long as Davis stays healthy.. Cousins will leave as a free agent unless they show real improvement and do some real damage as a group immediately... Probably too late for them to make the playoffs this year even if they do go on a tear with Cousins..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Vlade Divac

They must have thrown in a lifetime supply of Marlboro Reds

I'm just pissed that the Lakers weren't part of the fleecing

Like another poster said, where is the fukking commissioner to step in on this one???

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

It's hard to trade a top player in the league for good value, when that player says he won't resign with the team he is traded to.
    Cousins will go to FA, and ask for his $200 million; I'm sure Los Angeles or New York will be at the top of the list to pick him up.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

with the new bargaining deal Cousins wouldve stayed basically 100% he wouldve got a 200mil contract to stay with the kings
    The Kings would never give a guy like Cousins $200 mils though. They know he's a loser player, and they've never been to the playoffs with him. The Kings basically dumped him for whatever they could get (and they got Hield), rather than watch him walk for nothing.

I don't think it'll work that well with the Pelicans. They basically got 2 stretch 4s who don't want to play in the paint and are content with taking mid-range jumpers. Unless Cousins parks his ass in the paint and plays exclusively there,with Davis playing out away from the basket, I don't see this working very well.
    Last edited by Plaza23; 02-21-17 at 01:20 AM.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

with the new bargaining deal Cousins wouldve stayed basically 100% he wouldve got a 200mil contract to stay with the kings or make like 120 max somewhere else, the NBA wants players to stay on their drafted teams. Any player would be a fool not to with the new agreement, hes lucky he got traded or he wouldve been stuck in Sac for the rest of his career , at least him , Jrue and AD are a solid core and could eventually challenge for some playoff pushes
    Big chunk of change man,maybe they didn't want to be tied to the guy,hard to say. Seems like they just wanted to cut bait to me.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

don't forget this owner wanted to try a 4 on 5 defensive scheme with a player down court to cherry pick...

obviously he is a fukkin tard

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    don't forget this owner wanted to try a 4 on 5 defensive scheme with a player down court to cherry pick...

obviously he is a fukkin tard
    He must be a big fan of Lamelo Ball. Yea, that joke style of basketball would never work against anyone other than crap HS teams.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Kings are historically bad at drafting and projecting the future. These guys have made some horrible draft picks ahead of guys who are all stars now. And the one good draft pick they make they let him go in a crap deal.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    The Kings would never give a guy like Cousins $200 mils though. They know he's a loser player, and they've never been to the playoffs with him. The Kings basically dumped him for whatever they could get (and they got Hield), rather than watch him walk for nothing.

I don't think it'll work that well with the Pelicans. They basically got 2 stretch 4s who don't want to play in the paint and are content with taking mid-range jumpers. Unless Cousins parks his ass in the paint and plays exclusively there,with Davis playing out away from the basket, I don't see this working very well.
    Yup this trade is a gamble on both sides, basically a wash. It's almost a non story lol

First 123 Last