penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Gonzaga will get the "Wichita" treatment from the committee

Can't wait to see how bad they get screwed

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

How about they win some tourny games first before they get preferential treatment.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I really, really think Gonzaga makes the final four this year.

Of course, if they somehow land in a bracket with like Kansas, Cincinatti, Florida State.... That would be damn tough.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post

Of course, if they somehow land in a bracket with like Kansas, Cincinatti, Florida State.... That would be damn tough.
    I think statistically this is the best team theyve ever had

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Wichita got screwed because they got matched up with an underachieving Kentucky team. I don't think there is an underachieving team like that this year that could hurt Gonzaga in the second round.

Zags are good, but give me their team from two years ago over this current team.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I doubt it... There best wins are what? Arizona and Florida? Both games were close. Then maybe Tennessee and Iowa State that were all close as well??? Gonzaga's schedule will not prepare them for March Madness. They play Zona or Florida right now and they would lose both games IMO. This is a Sweet Sixteen team at best.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Can't wait to see how bad they get screwed
    IMO this team is far better than Wichita. Can't see the committee doing this to them. Hope they aren't that blind.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I doubt it... There best wins are what? Arizona and Florida? Both games were close. Then maybe Tennessee and Iowa State that were all close as well??? Gonzaga's schedule will not prepare them for March Madness. They play Zona or Florida right now and they would lose both games IMO. This is a Sweet Sixteen team at best.
    what the fukk do you want their best wins to be? they play in the WCC and beat Zona and Florida lol????

Gonzaga lines are a gift currently because most of the nation is like the doubters and will take the other team and the points all day lol

this is an elite team no matter the conference

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    what the fukk do you want their best wins to be? they play in the WCC and beat Zona and Florida lol????
    Gonzaga lines are a gift currently because most of the nation is like the doubters and will take the other team and the points all day lol
    this is an elite team no matter the conference
    We shall soon see but my bet is that they don't get past the sweet sixteen. No way in hell do they make the Final Four. No way.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    We shall soon see but my bet is that they don't get past the sweet sixteen. No way in hell do they make the Final Four. No way.
    that is the best part of the madness

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Lets not start making excuses for them already

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Zags should play in a real conference before bitching about anything.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    I can't blame them for that. The P5 conferences are not going to invite them into their conference on basketball alone and most P5 schools don't want to play them because it's basically a lose/lose.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thellama View Post
    they aren't bitching about anything

SBR users = zags

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Zags covering Double-Digit spreads at a +6.5 rate.
    Yet scheduling always has to be a concern when touting mid-majors.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Already the 4th 1 seed in the pre ranking.

Iowa St beat Kansas in Kansas remember, zags have a win over them.

There's been a lot of bad basketball this season from what I can tell, it's foolish to assume that multiple other teams would be undefeated with their schedule.

What would bother me is when they get into a tight game in the tournament, the team hasn't been tested in ages.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Out of conference schedule is overrated early in the year. Villanova did just fine last year and they got smashed by the so called elite teams out of conference. Zags are top 10 in adjusted offense and defense on ken Pom. You're a championship contender if you're top ten in both in my opinion

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If they go undefeated they will be number #1

Almost impossible to go undefeated anymore no matter what teams you play

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Bovada currently has Gonzaga as the favorite to win the national championship - at 7/1 odds.

Fatal1ty
    Fatal1ty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

I guess lot of people here are going to finance their summer houses betting against the zags in the sweet 16 game. I'll come back and check this thread for bet sizes when that time comes.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 77

Why is this an issue? You gotta beat the best team(s) to become a champion. Stop babysitting them.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

looking forward to the conference tourneys and March Madness so very much this year

I think this year could be quite epic

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

Quote Originally Posted by RGG View Post
    How about they win some tourny games first before they get preferential treatment.
    Their tournament record is pretty good and they generally get bounced by really good teams, even if we didn't realize it at the time. Like they got knocked out by Wichita State in the 2nd round, everyone goes OH PERFECT OF COURSE WICHITA STATE. Then Wichita State goes on to the final four and it takes a monster effort by eventual champ Louisville to knock them out. But generally they're in sweet sixteen/elite 8 every year. They get shit on more than power 5 schools whenever they lose because everyone wants to say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR but almost any school in the country would kill their firstborn for Gonzaga's tournament record.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    looking forward to the conference tourneys and March Madness so very much this year

I think this year could be quite epic
    The Big 10 is pretty mediocre this year.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal1ty View Post
    I guess lot of people here are going to finance their summer houses betting against the zags in the sweet 16 game. I'll come back and check this thread for bet sizes when that time comes.
    There are very few teams whom we should hesitate at all before taking Gonzaga.
    Duke is one of them. Louisville another.

Anish
    Anish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1111

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Their tournament record is pretty good and they generally get bounced by really good teams, even if we didn't realize it at the time. Like they got knocked out by Wichita State in the 2nd round, everyone goes OH PERFECT OF COURSE WICHITA STATE. Then Wichita State goes on to the final four and it takes a monster effort by eventual champ Louisville to knock them out. But generally they're in sweet sixteen/elite 8 every year. They get shit on more than power 5 schools whenever they lose because everyone wants to say SEE I TOLD YOU THEY DO THIS EVERY YEAR but almost any school in the country would kill their firstborn for Gonzaga's tournament record.
    But Mascots are people too

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

This is gonna be an extremely tough team to pick in the NCAA Tourney. I'll have to analyze the region odds very carefully before I pick my bracket.

On the one hand, Kenpom ranks Gonzaga #1 and they're 8/1 to win the title (best odds) on Vegas Insider. On the other hand, I highly doubt that the powers that be will let GONZAGA go 40-0 (or 39-1).

However, the guards on this team are better than the 2013 team which was favored by 10 over Wichita and blew the game playing a zone that allowed Wichita to make 3 pointers. Awful decision. Play man, play 3-2, you win. Might have been ugly, but you win and probably get to the Final Four given the teams left in that region (La Salle, Ohio State). Pangos was a solid, heady guard, but doesn't have nearly the athleticism of Williams-Goss, and Gary Bell was diminutive by championship caliber SG standards. The backbone of that team was really Harris and Olynyk.

The team that got to the Elite 8 with Wiltjer was very flawed, especially after I believe Sabonis went out or something, and it was like he had to carry them basically.

This team is very hard to predict, but I think you have to at least advance them to the Sweet Sixteen in your brackets. They're being favored by 20-30 points in most of their conference games, highly doubt an 8 or 9 seed can beat them.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Uh they will be a 1 seed.

RobbieStacks

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Uh they will be a 1 seed.
    I know, and they're a lock for at least the Sweet Sixteen. It depends on who they play from that point on. If they're meeting up with a team like Kentucky or Oregon before the Final Four, it might end right there.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I was responding to the brain dead thread starter. Thats him in the avatar not Bill Clinton.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Do you ever say anything interesting, jtooler?

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Gonzaga will get a 1 seed in the bracket where the 8/9 matchup includes teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Xavier.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Gonzaga will get a 1 seed in the bracket where the 8/9 matchup includes teams like Michigan, Michigan State, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Xavier.
    I could see that. Committee will want that juicy second round matchup. Most likely a big name school like you mentioned. Zags would beat any of those team pretty easily IMO. Cuse could give them problems just because of the zone, but doubt Cuse would bounce them two years in a row.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

If they meet ND you can kiss their ass goodbye or any top ACC school for that matter

RobbieStacks

Lmao at ND beating Gonzaga. Notre Dame isn't good. They're fool's gold. If you'd said Duke or North Carolina, I'd agree.

12 Last