Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Why does every betting mistake result in a loss?

1. You mistakenly bet twice on the same event - loss
    2. You add an extra zero to the stake - loss
    3. You take the wrong side or total - loss
    4. You take the wrong side but realize your mistake and bet 2x on your intended side. Loss.
    5. You take a -1000 fav in a long time for whatever reason - loss.

I could go on, you get the point. On the other hand, in poker the dumbest play in the world gets rewarded by a huge pot pretty much every minute.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

6. You think you confirmed a wager and have been cheering your brains out for that wager and it finally hits then you go to check your balance, and you forgot to click "confirm"

Feels like a loss
    Points Awarded:

eberetta1 gave funnyb25 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everything against a gambler

Jiinxed people

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    6. You think you confirmed a wager and have been cheering your brains out for that wager and it finally hits then you go to check your balance, and you forgot to click "confirm"

Feels like a loss
    Oh yeah, that one sucks too. It mostly happens when there's a slight line movement when placing the bet.

Also thought of another one - you bet only on the first half, which of course loses, even though the full time bet wins.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Feels like a loss
    I've had this happen... It's awful. And NEVER does it happen in your favor.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Some truth to this, but not 100%.

If u bet a lot, you'll occasionally mis-click. Slow down on confirmation screen + think about it.

The fallacy is that this type of bet is always a loser. Sometimes it wins.

Just like bad-beats. We're not ALWAYS on the wrong end. Sometimes we suck out.

Gaze73

Got another one from my old degenerate days - you go all in or some make some huge 20x bet to recover the week's losses - it ALWAYS goes wrong. I still remember my Colorado Avalanche +1.5 bet, it was a 90% sure thing at solid odds. They were leading by a goal with like 5 minutes left. Then they conceded 3 goddamn goals to teach me a lesson.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    Got another one from my old degenerate days - you go all in or some make some huge 20x bet to recover the week's losses - it ALWAYS goes wrong. I still remember my Colorado Avalanche +1.5 bet, it was a 90% sure thing at solid odds. They were leading by a goal with like 5 minutes left. Then they conceded 3 goddamn goals to teach me a lesson.
    Do the Avs still pull the goalie with 10 minutes left in the 3rd? They use to do that quite regularly

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Feels like a loss
    I did this last month when I was hammered.

Gaze73

Do the Avs still pull the goalie with 10 minutes left in the 3rd? They use to do that quite regularly
    Don't know, I skipped 2 seasons of NHL after that.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It doesn't always result in a loss, but as gamblers we recognize and remember bad things much more than good things

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Sharp post. Every time. Mine is more when I take too long for a 2h wager and get to confirm page and then off board. I'm 90 percent winners on those.

2buckluck
    2buckluck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2294

That was a big thing the 2 years Roy was the coach, he'd do it all the time, he's gone now...
    Avs are almost an autofade this year though , crazy how bad they've been ...

2buckluck
    2buckluck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2294

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    It doesn't always result in a loss, but as gamblers we recognize and remember bad things much more than good things
    I was thinking the same thing, I remember getting "screwed" way more than any close cover i get...

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1756

Haha! I read this earlier today, but had to come back because it literally just happened to me. Bored at work so I made a random bet on Polish Hoop (live bet over 3rd qtr). Did the quick bet on my phone, and I must have clicked twice (though I've never done that before). Of course I lose, and this coincidentally happens while I have a pending withdrawal. In the past 2 days I ran hot and got my acct to almost 9k. Put in a withdrawal request and left myself about 800 to keep me entertained while the withdrawal is pending. Pretty good coincidence that something like this happens after I've ran hot and waiting for my withdrawal. I guess that's what I get for being a degen.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

This is because you only remember the mistakes that lose as mistakes.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9082

no more drunk bets!

I have maybe made 2 mistakes ever... and they were both losses also

Diesel79
    Diesel79's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14862

7. Baseball. You bet Over 8,5 and its 8-4 score after 6th inning. You are celebrating and counting your money... and then it starts raining and it wont stop. Side bets are standing but all O/U bets are cancelled

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I misclicked fold with the nuts in an all in cash game hand in online poker before. Broke my mouse, yelled, drank.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Be alert
    Be careful

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel79 View Post
    7. Baseball. You bet Over 8,5 and its 8-4 score after 6th inning. You are celebrating and counting your money... and then it starts raining and it wont stop. Side bets are standing but all O/U bets are cancelled
    That's total BS. There is a similar scenario on Pinny which I believe happens very often - when you take a tennis dog +1.5 sets, he wins the first set, and the game gets cancelled somewhere in the second set, it gets voided, even though a bet on the first set winner gets paid in full. But that's not our mistakes, just bookies being utterly stupid and us being on the wrong side of their nonsense rules.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 800

usually does however last nights card i bet montana instead of montana st and got lucky

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23563

multiple losses taken on these rooster-ups....worst way to lose hands down....even worse than losing to a buzzer beater.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

First time I pick the wrong team. Same odds as another, was in a rush and couldn't see the names on my shit phone without scrolling. Get it changed, and first team wins with three seconds left. My team misses a shot with three seconds, and loses in OT. This stuff is fun.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28475

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    Last time I did that was 5 or 6 years ago.
    Lost big with K-State getting 14 points to the Sooners.
    Chased on Sunday with the Pats as a small fav on the road vs the Steelers.
    Lesson learned.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I went all day thinking I lost the Ohio state Michigan State under this year when I checked in and saw i had misclicked and won

my dog won a $200 pot once when she jumped on my laptop and open shoved with J3 os. Got called and she backdoored trips for the winner
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: futbolmundial

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

7. You miss a bet or forget to put a bet in. 100% lock winner the second you miss it.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Changing your mind on a bet has to be the worst one

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I went all day thinking I lost the Ohio state Michigan State under this year when I checked in and saw i had misclicked and won

my dog won a $200 pot once when she jumped on my laptop and open shoved with J3 os. Got called and she backdoored trips for the winner

Unreal. A dog can gamble better than us.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2335

NHL - You place a big bet (u5.5) on a team who has hit the under 9 out of the last 10 freaking games. Of course its a 6-3 blowout.

OR

NFL - You place a nice wager on a 3.5 dog in the Super Bowl and the team is up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter and you're dancing and partying like it's 1999, then chokesville happens!

Hu$tle
    Hu$tle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1247

This thread is #facts

We do tend to remember our beats more than Ws

my all ins always lose

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Had a good run on the early NFL games a few years ago.
    We were @ a bar, around the corner from the book.

My Dad and a friend were going over to get action for the 4PM games.
    Gave them 3 winning tickets, told them my bet. Rolled over 3 units.

We watched the games. My team lost or certainly didn`t cover.
    A bit hammered, so stayed @ bar late drinking, etc.

Woke up in the morning with a big head. Ticket was on my dresser. checked it.
    My Dad took the wrong team. Ticket was a winner. $600/swing.

Later that same year, lost a $700+ ticket. Book knew me. Book had the bet in the computer. Book kept my $$$.
    It all evens out.