RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Onlt one game for me tonight...

Hoping to get back on track after that heartbreaker last night. It's all about getting the right number and understanding why the line is where it's at, and where you feel it should be at.

Tonight I'm going with Stanford +3. The number has shrank to 2.5 in most places but I believe the public will push this back to 3 or even 3.5.

I will give my reasoning so you can understand. Last night I did not because I didn't think anyone liked reading long posts.

Anyway, I have my number at Stanford -1. Sounds crazy when you think that they lost to this same CAL team by 11 back in January. But read this out. Stanford is a rebuilding program, with a very good coach, IMO, in Jarod Haase. Stanford has had a tough, I mean tough schedule this year for a Pac12 team. The 4th toughest in the nation, if you go by RPI. Want to know how they lost by 11 in the 1st contest? They let CAL's two best scorers have all kinds of room on the floor to score at will. Two of CAL's players scored 66% of the points for the Bears that night!

So, with a good coach, an improving, yet rebuilding program, what do you think coach Haase will do tonight? Yep, guard the hell out of 2 players, try to get them in foul trouble and "Bam", what do you have? A winning night with a little cushion on the pointspread.

Stanford +3 tonight. Be patient if you can't get that number right now. Let the public get their money in on CAL.

Hope it hits tonight, unlike last night.

Note, Thread should have read "Only game tonight". It wouldn't let me edit the subject line.

RangeFinder

Update: Things should start getting busy now that we are approaching 4pm here on the west coast. Look for +3 within the next few hours, if you can land +3.5 at -110 you are golden.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Your thread got buried. Sorry missed this but just made a thread about this game as well. Like Stanford here. Let's get it.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Your thread got buried. Sorry missed this but just made a thread about this game as well. Like Stanford here. Let's get it.
    You bet brother, let's get it. Hope you got or get a good number.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Good luck ranger, I just don't know why people would bet Stanford only laying a basket against Cal. Seems to me more times than not this situation will end up in a double digit loss.

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Good luck ranger, I just don't know why people would bet Stanford only laying a basket against Cal. Seems to me more times than not this situation will end up in a double digit loss.
    I just adjust my numbers based on a number a factors, some of which is listed above. Stanford on the improve and will be playing with much more intensity. Stanford should win IMO.

Kind of like in horseracing when moving a horse from the rail when he hates being there to the outside which he loves.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Range Finder where do you live again?

I was thinking I can fly out one day and we can drink beer and look at pussy

RangeFinder

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Range Finder where do you live again?

I was thinking I can fly out one day and we can drink beer and look at pussy
    Southern Cali, man. Lived in Vegas and got tired of it. Much more layed back here. Traffic in L.A can be a bitch sometimes, but I don't have to go through there all that much and if I do I try to do it at a time of day when I can scoot right through.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

expensive as hell in Cali

All the broke people and tax crooks from Cali move to Nevada

RangeFinder

Yes it is. Really the only drawback. You better have a good job or some old money to survive here. Property tax is way out of hand, well, taxes in general are out of hand here. Very liberal state so a lot of hand outs to welfare which makes it expensive for everyone else.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

You got this backwards; Cali IS the tax crook, not those of us that left!