d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

What does the alternative(s) look like?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

job is impossible. a 250 mile travel day and how many places do you have to stop in this exodus. do you have to see someone at these stops and how long are you supposed to stay at each one. what if they're out to lunch or at one of those "meetings" at which company department managers stage just to kill of time for the most part. and when you get there what is your role exactly. to sell something, service something, what? why does your company need a door to door representative. it doesn't add up especially the amount of money they pay you to drive around all day basically.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    job is impossible. a 250 mile travel day and how many places do you have to stop in this exodus. do you have to see someone at these stops and how long are you supposed to stay at each one. what if they're out to lunch or at one of those "meetings" at which company department managers stage just to kill of time for the most part. and when you get there what is your role exactly. to sell something, service something, what? why does your company need a door to door representative. it doesn't add up especially the amount of money they pay you to drive around all day basically.

250 mile ZONE, as in RADIUS.

I have a buddy who teaches surgeons how to use his company's devices and the fukker works like 8 days a month and makes serious bank. He stared out as a nurse.

Kraken could have something great here, he is not giving enough info.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

No chance
    Can always make more money. Can never make up time with family.

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    No chance
    Can always make more money. Can never make up time with family.
    if this a legit job he should take it. appears he has no job now. posts all day and night. family overrated. kids only want to stare at those machines you get them. harmony with wife usually runs it's course after 7 years or so. take the job. welcome respite from that marriage and a family crap.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

$250,000 on internet forums translates to about $25,000.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd make the call based on what my wife and kid thought.. not what a gambling forum thought.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

I do that now man. It's not worth it. Puts strain on marriage, makes it tough on getting "family" duties done (not dirty, things like lawn, house work, etc)

You can of course outsource much of that but then you just give away more if your paycheck.

If seriously want more discussion feel free to pm me. Been traveling 80% for 8 years now. Know all about the money and benefits. Wouldn't recommend it but I obviously did it so.......

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

hmm every other week youd have to see family???

probably not a good idea as that is too much for you

try for every 3rd week see family and itll fit you better

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by tunaguitar76 View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'd make the call based on what my wife and kid thought.. not what a gambling forum thought.
    gotta impress strangers on the internet to boost your ego, right?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10452

thats just to much money , so many people are over paid

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

With all due respect I got a job offering last month that paid 1.5 million a year and I got fired for banging the bosses wife... I love these internet stories!!!

Dude you do Jits, Boxing and yoga and post on this forum with the rest of your free time.. You aren't even that good of a gambler as you only have a 100 bet points showing.. You live in Oakland, Ca and are a black dude also.. You were also just posting for attention this entire last week with thread starts left and right..

Gotta call a spade a spade - I smell a fabrication brewing in the mists of SBR.. ..

Are you shipping drugs for the Mexican Cartel once a week or something from State to State for that quarter mill?

If I'm wrong please forgive... Usually not though on these types of things.. I sniff shit out with the best of them!!
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 02-02-17 at 08:59 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    250 mile ZONE, as in RADIUS.

I have a buddy who teaches surgeons how to use his company's devices and the fukker works like 8 days a month and makes serious bank. He stared out as a nurse.

Kraken could have something great here, he is not giving enough info.
    obviously no info to give. can you imagine a company paying a quarter of a million dollars a year to someone to basically drive around and call on accounts. one guy covering 12 states every other week and during his easy week only 250 miles a day calling on the "local" accounts. lots of oil changes later....

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13200

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    obviously no info to give. can you imagine a company paying a quarter of a million dollars a year to someone to basically drive around and call on accounts. one guy covering 12 states every other week and during his easy week only 250 miles a day calling on the "local" accounts. lots of oil changes later....
    250 is going rate (base + commission) for an established medical sales professional with about 70% travel.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Is the 250 guaranteed or "at plan" ? I'm assuming this is a clinical role in a sales organization.
    Base salary for year 1 is 150k, 180k for year 2 and thereafter

There is one more small promotion starting year 3 as I would become "Sr. xxxx" byt that only includes more stock options

As far as the $250,000, I've know the three people doing this job for years now, and that is a max number that they've hit 3 out last 4 years, the 4th year they made 220,000...

Its a lot of travel if I accept it, includes 12 states, and is rapidly growing.it is a medical device company in a sub-specialty procedural department think Cardiothoracic Surgery.

Im flying to Boston next week for an interview with the execs, if I accept they want me to start by March 1

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    With all due respect I got a job offering last month that paid 1.5 million a year and I got fired for banging the bosses wife... I love these internet stories!!!

Dude you do Jits, Boxing and yoga and post on this forum with the rest of your free time.. You aren't even that good of a gambler as you only have a 100 bet points showing.. You live in Oakland, Ca and are a black dude also.. You were also just posting for attention this entire last week with thread starts left and right..

Gotta call a spade a spade - I smell a fabrication brewing in the mists of SBR.. ..

Are you shipping drugs for the Mexican Cartel once a week or something from State to State for that quarter mill?

If I'm wrong please forgive... Usually not though on these types of things.. I sniff shit out with the best of them!!
    On this one, you are wrong, but its no biggie. Really, unless you work in these sub-specialty procedural units, you'd never know this device, this job nor this company existed.

The Kraken

250 is going rate (base + commission) for an established medical sales professional with about 70% travel.
    SoCal is a big part of the region, Cedars Sinai d/t their heart transplant program. Im sure we'll meet sooner than later

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Obviously nobody could answer this question but you, compared to what I do and what I make I sure the hell wouldn't do it. Sounds like too much work, and I worked hard the last 15 years so I wouldn't have to work hard ever again. Of course I don't know what your other options are and I don't know what skills you possess so this might be a fukin homerun for you so who am I to tell you what to do? The quarter mil is 3 years out and that's only a 'maybe'. If you can parlay this into something bigger and better than that changes everything. I couldn't be away from my wife for that long, and I dont have kids.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    SoCal is a big part of the region, Cedars Sinai d/t their heart transplant program. Im sure we'll meet sooner than later

Sounds like a good gig man. Let me know when you're in town.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Do it. Why not? You can balance. Especially since your kid is still so small. The key is to be home when they get to that age where you need to be around to watch and teach.

I'm on road 20 days out of 30.
    You mean you're not a professional gambler ? You bet everyday ...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    You mean you're not a professional gambler ? You bet everyday ...
    No sir. I bet but I'm not a pro

The Kraken

Sounds like a good gig man. Let me know when you're in town.
    Its a great gig, this job doesnt open up often. If I can make it work out, I will

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

This situation is exactly why God put hookers on this earth.

The Kraken

Im sure I could do just fine without have to pay

unusialsusp5

why don't these medical facilities just order these things from amazon. it could be delivered by a drone. door to door salesman went out in the 60's.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

@ the broke dikk haters

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Geez brooks, that's a but harsh no? Every other week sounds like parents that are divorced but it's a tough question. Things like extended family in the area would be tipping points imo
    sorry, I just happen to care about my country. Call me crazy.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

This is why out healthcare is so expensive in this country. Overpaid assholes like this.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    This is why out healthcare is so expensive in this country. Overpaid assholes like this.
    Mike do you gamble or are you on this board just to complain about how much everyone else gets paid?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Mike I thiught this was the American dream, no? Work hard and create your own destiny. I have worked over a decade with some of the sickest people in the US and I have created this opportunity. As a feiend told me last night that woeks for them, and he had no clue I had applied, he said "if they're pursuing you its because you some how benefit them. They're a great co to work for but they're not looking to hire friends, they want to hire individuals that can sell devices to cardiologists and surgeons"

So as far as I see it, Im a republican dream come true.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

You deserve it. Hope it works out.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Mike I thiught this was the American dream, no? Work hard and create your own destiny. I have worked over a decade with some of the sickest people in the US and I have created this opportunity. As a feiend told me last night that woeks for them, and he had no clue I had applied, he said "if they're pursuing you its because you some how benefit them. They're a great co to work for but they're not looking to hire friends, they want to hire individuals that can sell devices to cardiologists and surgeons"

So as far as I see it, Im a republican dream come true
    I agree, now if you would only vote to allow other Americans to reach their American dream...

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    now if you would only vote to allow other Americans to reach their American dream...
    He's getting there. Realizes the people representing his party aren't the party he thought they were. Kraken is good people.

brooks85

I had notice some revelations of his but I can't say I have much hope honestly. I'd bet big that by 2019 he is back to being the same rampant, insane hillary-supporter for whomever the Dem nominee is. I would love to be wrong.

Maybe if these liberals keep showing their true colors he will realize his party has turned into fascism and the only choice is MAGA.

First 123 Last