t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Kansas opens as a 6 point fave. Since moved up to 6.5 at most shops.

This is a huge game for Kansas if they're going to win a 13th consecutive Big 12 championship. Baylor and West Virginia have positioned themselves to really give the Jayhawks a run this year.

This game reminds me of when Baylor went to Kansas early in the 2012 season as a top 3 team and got their doors blown off. Pretty sure Kansas was a 6 or 7 point fave in that one as well. Not so sure that happens in this game however. These two teams are pretty close and KU lacks interior depth and scoring.

Edit: The more I think about this game, the more I like Baylor. Winning at Phog Allen is a huge task but outside of Landen Lucas, I just don't see how Kansas can match up with Baylor's size. Motley and Acuil could have a field day in this one. If Josh Jackson plays like he did against Kentucky the other night, that would be a huge boost but it's tough to expect that production from such a raw freshman on a consistent basis. The one thing they can rely on from him is his athleticism. Looks like this one comes down to KU's excellent guard combo against Baylor's frontcourt advantage.
    Last edited by t-wizzle; 02-01-17 at 12:00 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Still trying to figure out how this Baylor team is ranked #2. They have played 1 ranked team since the middle of December and were completely embarrassed. Yet here we are again. My guess is they get routed again.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Still trying to figure out how this Baylor team is ranked #2. They have played 1 ranked team since the middle of December and were completely embarrassed. Yet here we are again. My guess is they get routed again.
    Why are you excluding the month+ before mid-December?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

baylor has 10 top-55 KenPom wins - including three victories over teams also ranked in the Top 25 isnt too shabby

youve pretty much tossed the entire field over the last few weeks except for carolina, but we still need 3 teams for them to play in the final four so who you got

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Because teams change, some teams don't get better and some grow to become much better. No team is what they were in November, some because of injuries, others because players don't live up to expectations.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    baylor has 10 top-55 KenPom wins - including three victories over teams also ranked in the Top 25 isnt too shabby

youve pretty much tossed the entire field over the last few weeks except for carolina, but we still need 3 teams for them to play in the final four so who you got
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I comment on teams and have not said anything about Carolina being a lock for a final 4, although they could be there. I have no idea what the final four will look like. That is what the next month and a half is all about. Wins 3 months ago have almost zero meaning now, unless of course you play in a shit conference like Gonzaga and need them incase you don't win the conference tournament.

CWD
    Update your status

I have no idea what you are talking about. I comment on teams and have not said anything about Carolina being a lock for a final 4, although they could be there. I have no idea what the final four will look like. That is what the next month and a half is all about. Wins 3 months ago have almost zero meaning now, unless of course you play in a shit conference like Gonzaga and need them incase you don't win the conference tournament.
    you said pac 10 is shit. gonzaga is shit. now baylor is overrated. theres a few others. process of elimination and your pic doesnt leave many

youve been on rants on some of these teams

t-wizzle

Because teams change, some teams don't get better and some grow to become much better. No team is what they were in November, some because of injuries, others because players don't live up to expectations.
    Nobody is arguing that.

You questioned why they're ranked #2 and then proceeded to ignore the first month+ of the season.

Losing by double digits at WVU isn't a big deal btw. WVU is legit and Kansas got pasted there as well.

unde0087
    Did we win?

you said pac 10 is shit. gonzaga is shit. now baylor is overrated. theres a few others. process of elimination and your pic doesnt leave many

I don't remember saying Pac 10 is shit, they have some good teams. But you are correct, I am on record for saying Gonzaga is bullshit. They will get worked if they make it to the sweet 16, that's a big IF. I would love UNC to get a crack at them, hell I want to see them play any of the blue bloods, they would get murdered. Every year we hear the same shit, this is the best team Few has ever had, then they get sent home on the first weekend of the tournament.

As for Baylor, good luck with it wizzle. Hope it works out for you. This is the time of the year you either stay away or fade WV and Baylor. Both teams can't win games like this and is the reason Kansas wins the league every year but I will cheer for you.

CWD
    Update your status

baylor ML and over for me

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

A lot of distractions for KU. Bragg suspended indefinitely last week. Yesterday KU determined Lagerald Vick hit a woman. Doubt he plays tomorrow. Both are solid role guys off the bench.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Baylor seems like a value play

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Baylor/pts

t-wizzle

This line has not budged all day.

KRIT

I think KU wins, not sure about the cover. Key for KU is keeping Lucas out of foul trouble, he seems to get in foul trouble every game I watch. They have zero depth behind him.

At the same time, I could see Baylor's bigs getting in foul trouble with KU attacking the basket.

This will be a game of contrasting style. Guards against bigs. And looks like Vick will play. This incident was from last year but was not officially charged.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

Baylor +6.5 with ya here.

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Gonzaga is definitely overrated lol... he explained it perfectly what don't you understand? There's only 3 decent programs in that conference including themselves. Name me a good nba alumni from Gonzaga, there is only John Stockton... The rest are absolute trash lol...

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

Quote Originally Posted by Ryermkd View Post
    Gonzaga is definitely overrated lol... he explained it perfectly what don't you understand? There's only 3 decent programs in that conference including themselves. Name me a good nba alumni from Gonzaga, there is only John Stockton... The rest are absolute trash lol...
    Blake stepp 😂

CWD
    Update your status

Last edited by CWD; 02-01-17 at 02:52 PM.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

I guess it didn't fit his narrative. Nice write-up twizzle

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Why worry about this game when gifts like Tulsa +11 are there for the taking?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    I guess it didn't fit his narrative. Nice write-up twizzle
    Haha exactly. Thanks Chico.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good luck Wiz on BAylor

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

if twizzler would mix it up more besides picks and ebattles he would be a consistent top 5 poster

KRIT

Who cares what NBA players they have. All they do is win. And Few doesn't recruit the one and dones, he gets four year guys who get better each year. Zags are who they are. They are always good, but you never really know how good they are until March comes around. Their team from two years ago that lost to Duke in the Elite 8 was their best team ever IMO. This team is good, but I don't see them winning it all.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    if twizzler would mix it up more besides picks and ebattles he would be a consistent top 5 poster
    Ah I don't e-battle. Sometimes I have to fend off a troll here or there but you won't see me seeking out battles.

Rudy I pick games and chime in occasionally on other things. I see no other use for this place.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

This is a really dumb train of thought. Didn't Butler make b2b final fours (and championship games) playing in an average conference? A superior coach and team can dominate a smaller conference, yet still compete against the big boys. Boise State proved this for years in football as Gonzaga and Butler did in basketball. It's called building a program. Uconn was trash in bball when i was a kid. But Calhoun came in and outrecruited Syracuse, G'town and Villanova to become a dominant program and win 3 rings. ucla and gonzaga are two of the most talented teams i've watched all year. They will both make deep runs.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

Kansas wins

Ryermkd
    God is Good

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    This is a really dumb train of thought. Didn't Butler make b2b final fours (and championship games) playing in an average conference? A superior coach and team can dominate a smaller conference, yet still compete against the big boys. Boise State proved this for years in football as Gonzaga and Butler did in basketball. It's called building a program. Uconn was trash in bball when i was a kid. But Calhoun came in and outrecruited Syracuse, G'town and Villanova to become a dominant program and win 3 rings. ucla and gonzaga are two of the most talented teams i've watched all year. They will both make deep runs.
    Clown confirmed. There's a reason why the Zags aren't an elite team. They never make it past the sweet 16, because west coast basketball is inferior. The conferences are much, much softer. Keep following your dreams though! Please put Gonzaga in your final four and do us all a favour.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Has to be a letdown from the UK game.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Ah I don't e-battle. Sometimes I have to fend off a troll here or there but you won't see me seeking out battles.

Rudy I pick games and chime in occasionally on other things. I see no other use for this place.
    start drinking more bossman

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    start drinking more bossman
    8 bud lights and 2 shots deep now Rudy.

Baylor up at half.

t-wizzle

Cash Baylor.