funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

There Are Like 300 Fans At The Suns Game

IS this real? So much young talent, and no one shows up. Is it just a bad city for NBA?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Loll

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I lived there for a little while and Suns fans were pretty loyal. Idk what happened.

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

I need a pic. At work.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

This is sad...NO ONE there

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    IS this real? So much young talent, and no one shows up. Is it just a bad city for NBA?
    I've been living in the Valley of the Sun for 9 years now. Combination of transplants and the team is hot garbage. They were the only ticket back in town in the 90's heyday with Majerle, KJ, and Barkley. They had a fan resurgance with Steve Nash & Staudameire. Cardinals fans were Cowboys fans or didn't care at all about football because the team was so bad. The '01 Dbacks roped in a lot of fans. The Cardinals run this town now though ever since University of Phoenix Stadium was built. Throw in the Super Bowl run and everyone flocked to football. Phoenix is a very front runner area and a lot of the die hard Suns fan gave up. This team had Isiah Thomas.. Management has fukked so many things up in recent years.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Team is terrible despite whatever talent they've got. Everyone talks ab the suns and the talent they have which is laughable.

Devin booker is the only chance and he's a poor man's klay Thompson at best and that's if he comes through on his lofty potential. The rest of the guys like Marquess Chris or tj warren are role players, not franchise superstars. Eric bledsoe would be best suited in a trade. He's an athletic point guard that can't shoot and doesn't have the pass in his nature. Team is garbage on defense to boot despite an aging Tyson chandler trying to plug the holes in the ship

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Team is terrible despite whatever talent they've got. Everyone talks ab the suns and the talent they have which is laughable.

Devin booker is the only chance and he's a poor man's klay Thompson at best and that's if he comes through on his lofty potential. The rest of the guys like Marquess Chris or tj warren are role players, not franchise superstars. Eric bledsoe would be best suited in a trade. He's an athletic point guard that can't shoot and doesn't have the pass in his nature. Team is garbage on defense to boot despite an aging Tyson chandler trying to plug the holes in the ship
    tyson chandler the fouling machine

can't stay on the floor

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    tyson chandler the fouling machine

can't stay on the floor
    Does seem like that doesn't it? He used to commit borderline fouls early on in home games when he was on the Knicks and mavs then hold his breath to see if the refs were gonna swallow the whistle. If so, then everyone knew he was gonna get away with murder for the rest of the game. Some teams with smaller playmaker wouldn't even bother driving to the rim after that

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Does seem like that doesn't it? He used to commit borderline fouls early on in home games when he was on the Knicks and mavs then hold his breath to see if the refs were gonna swallow the whistle. If so, then everyone knew he was gonna get away with murder for the rest of the game. Some teams with smaller playmaker wouldn't even bother driving to the rim after that
    any time I think he would be a good play in DK the fukker has 5 fouls in the 3rd seems like

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

PJ Tucker is the heart and soul of the team...should tell you all you need to know. Chandler is garbage, they kept Bledsoe and overpaid him Pissed off Dragic and he demanded to be traded. Wasted money on Brandon Knight and sent off Isiah Thomas to go play for the Eastern Conference Finals. They always have too many point guards, flashy team, will score a lot, but can't play any D, and don't win. They are in tank mode for the rest of the season.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    PJ Tucker is the heart and soul of the team...should tell you all you need to know. Chandler is garbage, they kept Bledsoe and overpaid him Pissed off Dragic and he demanded to be traded. Wasted money on Brandon Knight and sent off Isiah Thomas to go play for the Eastern Conference Finals. They always have too many point guards, flashy team, will score a lot, but can't play any D, and don't win. They are in tank mode for the rest of the season.
    "but coach... we make cool plays!!!"

Earl Watson does not help their cause either I imagine

Watson too busy worrying about politics than winning a game or two

Pop can talk politics, he fukking wins

Earl Watson...pass

As weird as it sounds... I believe they are a team that *actually* misses Dudley when he doesn't play

Chandler tonight...22 minutes...2 pts 4 reb

shadymcgrady

Good point nino, I forgot all ab that waste of money they spent in acquiring Brandon knight. Not sure dragic would've been the answer but think he is tenfold better point guard than bledsoe or anyone they have now for sure.

U think IT2 would've went on to become the player he is today if he had stayed in phx? Hard to say, he's a tiny guard that relies on quickness to draw fouls or get his shot off. Not rly the best team player for a point guard. Not sure how the HC then hornacek would've handled that kind of play from a point guard that wasn't quite the star yet.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by kidcudi92 View Post
    "but coach... we make cool plays!!!"

Earl Watson does not help their cause either I imagine

Watson too busy worrying about politics than winning a game or two

Pop can talk politics, he fukking wins

Earl Watson...pass

As weird as it sounds... I believe they are a team that *actually* misses Dudley when he doesn't play

Chandler tonight...22 minutes...2 pts 4 reb
    Yep, would be cool to see Isiah Thomas and Booker out there doing work. They had the Lyndey Hunter problem, chased out Dan Majerle from coaching. He's doing a tremendous job coaching at Grand Canyon State right now. They had the Morris twins debacle. So many things have been fukked up by this organization. I took Memphis +2 2nd half...so at least this dumpster fire put some $$$ in my account.

shadymcgrady

The Morris twins was indeed a disaster

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Good point nino, I forgot all ab that waste of money they spent in acquiring Brandon knight. Not sure dragic would've been the answer but think he is tenfold better point guard than bledsoe or anyone they have now for sure.

U think IT2 would've went on to become the player he is today if he had stayed in phx? Hard to say, he's a tiny guard that relies on quickness to draw fouls or get his shot off. Not rly the best team player for a point guard. Not sure how the HC then hornacek would've handled that kind of play from a point guard that wasn't quite the star yet.
    Yeah, hard to say if Thomas would have flourished in that toxic atmosphere. I just remember how hard Dragic played and never complained. Then, you heard him coming out and demanding a trade. Let everyone know how fukked up the Suns organization was.

shadymcgrady

I can't believe they let thunder Dan go. What happened exactly? He along with Kevin johnson were the face of the 90's suns when they were a nation favorite. Someone needs to get fired. Just his presence on the coaching staff would've put a percentage of fans minds at ease

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

I didn't know the Suns GM was Sean McDonough's brother

Thats sad when you know the announcer brother more than the NBA team GM brother

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11762

The team does suck and has for a very long time now...

When was the last time they had a contender with sell outs?

Off memory I'd say the team with Dan Majerle, Kevin Johnson and Chuck wagon back in the early 90's maybe?...

Oh I just remembered the team with Amare Stoudemire, Steve Nash, and Shawn Marion was pretty good also..

So yeah it's been what about 10 years since the Suns had a good team to get behind.. Crickets in the stands it is..

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

I can't believe they let thunder Dan go. What happened exactly? He along with Kevin johnson were the face of the 90's suns when they were a nation favorite. Someone needs to get fired. Just his presence on the coaching staff would've put a percentage of fans minds at ease
    When they fired Gentry, Hunter was the last person on the hiring list. He was a player's assistant, not even a coach. Hunter jumped Majerle and the other assistant coaches. It pissed them off. Majerle quit.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster

Suns are making the 76ers "Process" look genius (I mean...not that it is not a good process currently, just wasn't executed very well with bad picks etc...took longer than expected I suppose)

Is there a worse run NBA team than the Suns currently?

Maybe a tie between the Nets and Suns? Kings also in the discussion? At least the Kings can put up some Ws. All they really have is Cousins and a bunch of mediocre vets...maybe Skal and Cauley-Stein will come around, I don't know (personally not fans of either...basketball wise)
    Last edited by kidcudi92; 01-31-17 at 12:51 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

NBA on the decline as far as arenas, too much money now like NFL and many tough to get to

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24285

Ever since Colangelo sold the Suns to Sarver the team has been garbage. The common fan cannot afford to go to a game anymore. I used to go all the time but they priced me out-I would rather spend my money on ASU basketball and football. Last time I went to as game I was disappointed..nothing but loud music blaring while they move ball up and down the court, the players are terrible role models, they all look like comic books with all the ink on them. I still follow the team but don't go or watch any games any more and the owner really sucks
    Points Awarded:

mikewlgm gave Flashmo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Does anyone know why the airline upgrade model doesnt work for sporting events? I think so many people would show up if they had the chance to pay 30 bucks and end up in the front section. Then you wouldnt have all those empty seats on camera. Sure, you can't give away season ticket holders that dont show up but why not fill to the front?? Its 2017 lets get this done.

shadymcgrady

I have no idea dozer but if I had to guess I'd say the owners don't care ab the sunk costs of seating in the arenas. The primary money maker for them aren't even corporate boxes or concessions. Those just barely cover cost of operation. Marketing and ad space are the gold mines for teams and the nba alike. Royalty fees in merchandise like apparel online are next

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Good thing Diamondbacks baseball is around the corner

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

I have no idea dozer but if I had to guess I'd say the owners don't care ab the sunk costs of seating in the arenas. The primary money maker for them aren't even corporate boxes or concessions. Those just barely cover cost of operation. Marketing and ad space are the gold mines for teams and the nba alike. Royalty fees in merchandise like apparel online are next
    But there is such bad energy at these games! Its like going to a restaurant and seeing there are no cars there or a party with no one to party with... and the beer is $8.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

That was a sad night to watch last night. Seen more fans at a Jr college scrimmage

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    But there is such bad energy at these games! Its like going to a restaurant and seeing there are no cars there or a party with no one to party with... and the beer is $8.
    That's cheap! Beer is $14 at the garden or in brooklyn watching the sht bag nets.

Wonder what the demographic is for nba fans here in the US. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's predominantly the same demographic that supports Obama blindly based on skin color. Which if true, ab assumption can be made that that majority fan base isn't going to pay to go to a game when they can watch it on tv.

Pretty sure billionaire owners have alrsy figured this out, hence not caring ab the empty arenas and just going for what makes money in the marketing and commercial space

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Someone has to suck and the less people that watch the NBA the better. Garbage league. Maybe people in Zona get it...

MMANick
    MMANick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1831

300 more than what should have showed.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11898

I don't watch it on tv. the only time I watch the NBA is the finals. CLEV VS GG. LETS GET IT ON

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

One thing to remember it was a late start for TNT, I think the starting time was 8 or 8 30 local way to late of a start.A lot of people like me who went to see them Play the Knicks went to dinner before game at the Hard Rock then went inside the building and being a Downtown arena stay after work and go to the game, could not due that due to late start plus there losing does not help. You want to see something sad.Watch the Coyote Game against the Blackhawks on Thursday.It will be United Center West. They will have 13,000 there on Thursday and 10,000 will be cheering for Chicago it is Embarrassing.

TxAaron
    TxAaron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Heading to Scottsdale for the first time tomorrow.

Anyone have golf course recommendations? Playing Talking Stick Friday and going to WMPO on Saturday...Will prob play another round Sunday if I'm not too hungover.

Prob spend the rest of the time at bars.

12 Last