lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7359

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Lol this is moronic. Also, Calipari always gets the best of Pitino in the tournament. Just look at the last time they played when Kentucky knocked off Louisville as an 8 seed.
    You taking about pitino or pitinio?

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by .pm. View Post
    I would even venture to say there's 15-20 teams who have a shot. All you have to do is get hot at the right time. Off the top of my head:

Nova (Nova basketball is a Fortune 500 company, it runs itself)
    UNC (Great coaching and some experienced players as well)
    Gonzaga (Few's best team ever, seriously, these guys are my pick to win it all barring any injuries)
    Arizona (Read the OP)
    UCLA (Lonzo Ball, enough said)
    Oregon (Underrated, slept on, Altman gets the most out of his guys)
    Virginia (Most sound defensive team in country imo)
    Notre Dame (Lots of shooters and great coach in Coach Bray)
    West Virginia (Unpredictable, but proven they can beat anyone vs Baylor and Kansas)
    Kansas (Probably best guards in country)
    Butler (The best Butler team post-Stevens)
    Baylor (Freaky athletic, tough defense)
    Florida State (10+ deep and scrappy as hell)
    Kentucky (Coach Cal, all star team, enough said)
    Xavier (Very well coached, Sumner is a fantastic player)
    Iowa State (Maybe a reach but have great veteran guard and everyone can shoot)
    Creighton (Well coached and if they can survive life without Watson who knows)
    As an ex xavier ticket holder I can tell you they have no hope. They don't have the big men they always did. When they are hitting 3 's they are a good team. Watched zona a lot . x old coach miller is really good. Creighton has no chance. West va. Huggins day before big game goes thru full workout. You have done a good job.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You taking about pitino or pitinio?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 684

Lol this is moronic. Also, Calipari always gets the best of Pitino in the tournament. Just look at the last time they played when Kentucky knocked off Louisville as an 8 seed.
    Actually, he is not far off base. If you look at the last 10 years in recruiting, especially since going to Kentucky, Calipari has by far had the best teams year to year and what does he have to show for it? Shit the Florida Gators have more championships in the 2000s than the Wildcats. Fact is starting every season the guy has the best all around talent every season and has more depth than anyone else and comes away with nothing all but one time. And don't give me the final fours numbers and wins because any real Kentucky fan doesn't give a fuk about that. They expect championships not taking 2nd place. You could put 5 of the other hall of fame coaches in his position and they would have at least 2 or 3 championships by now. Shit the guy couldn't even win the championship a couple years back when he had like 6 top 10 draft picks on his team and that team was being called the greatest team to ever play in the NCAA ever. Great recruiter, shit coach.

sleeper
    sleeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4263

+2500 preseason let's goooo

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Time to rip my 35-1 ticket on them!

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Guy lists off all these teams and does not include Duke.

If they every figure out how to start playing D, and limit Tatum playing hero ball they could be very dangerous in March!

Quote Originally Posted by .pm. View Post
    I would even venture to say there's 15-20 teams who have a shot. All you have to do is get hot at the right time. Off the top of my head:

Nova (Nova basketball is a Fortune 500 company, it runs itself)
    UNC (Great coaching and some experienced players as well)
    Gonzaga (Few's best team ever, seriously, these guys are my pick to win it all barring any injuries)
    Arizona (Read the OP)
    UCLA (Lonzo Ball, enough said)
    Oregon (Underrated, slept on, Altman gets the most out of his guys)
    Virginia (Most sound defensive team in country imo)
    Notre Dame (Lots of shooters and great coach in Coach Bray)
    West Virginia (Unpredictable, but proven they can beat anyone vs Baylor and Kansas)
    Kansas (Probably best guards in country)
    Butler (The best Butler team post-Stevens)
    Baylor (Freaky athletic, tough defense)
    Florida State (10+ deep and scrappy as hell)
    Kentucky (Coach Cal, all star team, enough said)
    Xavier (Very well coached, Sumner is a fantastic player)
    Iowa State (Maybe a reach but have great veteran guard and everyone can shoot)
    Creighton (Well coached and if they can survive life without Watson who knows)

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

College basketball is wide open like it usually is. Arizona definitely has a shot, probably their best offensive team in a long time. Think we get a champ from the westcoast this year, either Arizona, Gonzaga, UCLA or Oregon.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

you forgot uc and smu

t-wizzle

Arizona peaking at the right time.

t-wizzle

Zona with a nice path to the Final Four.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20256

Agreed, I like them over Gonzaga in the Elite 8.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Zona with a nice path to the Final Four.
    Gonna play Duke in the final four.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Arizona easy draw to elite 8

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Gonna play Duke in the final four.
    duke loses to nova. Bad matchup for Duke.

RobbieStacks
    RobbieStacks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

I have most of my ESPN brackets filled out and I have Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, Arizona, and Gonzaga as my champs across the brackets, and I even threw in one with UCLA as national champs, but I highly doubt UCLA will win it. UCLA is +400 to win its REGION, so getting to the Final Four is a long shot as is. Still I'm fairly confident that one of those five or six will win it.

The only dark horses I can possibly advocate are FSU, Purdue, and WV.

t-wizzle

Arizona has gone from +1148 to +900 at Pinny.

RobbieStacks

SMU at 30/1 as a 6 seed is your best value bet. I wouldn't be shocked if they made it to the Final Four as an extreme outlier while the other regions were top heavy with the likes of Kansas and UNC etc.

RobbieStacks

The more people say "easy rematch between Gonzaga and Arizona in the Elite Eight", the more convinced I am that it's gonna end up being something like West Virginia vs. Florida State.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Iowa State to the Final Four....why not?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Was just about mention them. I like them to get to the FF. So, they probably have no chance. I don't think a 1 or 2 wins it.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm going with Florida to win it all. Like ISU, and UCLA as well

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10704

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieStacks View Post
    The more people say "easy rematch between Gonzaga and Arizona in the Elite Eight", the more convinced I am that it's gonna end up being something like West Virginia vs. Florida State.
    I agree completely. It is never that cut and dry. I think SMU is going to shock some people and make the final 4 also. More so because of match-ups than because I think they are a top 4 team but not sold on Duke being this amazing team. Super talented like UCLA is but erratic and inconsistent like no other. 4 games doesn't change my opinion on that. They are lucky to not have lost each of those games.

RobbieStacks

I actually picked SMU into the Final Four on my Yahoo bracket, and I hate doing that knowing that they're +1200 to win that region and only go seven deep. I'll probably have to change it. Right now that final four is SMU, Gonzaga, Kansas, and Kentucky.

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22055

SMU at 30/1 as a 6 seed is your best value bet. I wouldn't be shocked if they made it to the Final Four as an extreme outlier while the other regions were top heavy with the likes of Kansas and UNC etc.

Pending Bets
    Ticket Accepted Event Date Type Description Risking to Win Wager Status
    703841040-1
    5:12am 13-Mar-17 9:00am 16-Mar-17 Future Basketball Props - NCAA - NCAA Basketball .... +4870 250.00 12,175.00 Pending

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Arizona can definitely win it all. They got a really easy draw. I just don't trust their coach

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Cause Nevada beats em.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5940

Very psyched as a Cats fan, they got EXACTLY what I wanted - #2 seed out West so the fans can keep our Frosh pumped up and we have Gonzaga as the #1, whom I feel is the most beatable 1.

The table is set for success.

Miller should definitely be coach of the year with what he's done this year.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3386

I have them losing to Kansas in the title game. But close. Self finally comes through

RobbieStacks

You guys might not realize this, but Arizona has a 41% chance of reaching the Sweet Sixteen according to ESPN's BPI. That, to me, is a strong indicator that Arizona will actually lose early. I know they won the Pac-12 tourney and are listed at a healthy +850 to win the title, but their bigs are extremely young, and I never thought they were that good as a team anyway. Big men are best as juniors and seniors, not freshmen. Sorry, but Zona's bigs are boys, not men.

I'm switching all my brackets to take St. Mary's over Arizona in light of that BPI. I have Gonzaga over North Carolina in the NC Game, but I'll have thirty or forty brackets. I'm just gonna make sure I fade Zona. Very bad shooting team. Rahon from SMC was a great guard at BC when BC was (still is) really in the dumps. Trier will get owned by his senior toughness.

t-wizzle

You guys might not realize this, but Arizona has a 41% chance of reaching the Sweet Sixteen according to ESPN's BPI. That, to me, is a strong indicator that Arizona will actually lose early. I know they won the Pac-12 tourney and are listed at a healthy +850 to win the title, but their bigs are extremely young, and I never thought they were that good as a team anyway. Big men are best as juniors and seniors, not freshmen. Sorry, but Zona's bigs are boys, not men.

I'm switching all my brackets to take St. Mary's over Arizona in light of that BPI. I have Gonzaga over North Carolina in the NC Game, but I'll have thirty or forty brackets. I'm just gonna make sure I fade Zona. Very bad shooting team. Rahon from SMC was a great guard at BC when BC was (still is) really in the dumps. Trier will get owned by his senior toughness.
    BPI. Lol. Those ratings mean shit.

t-wizzle

I'm in on Arizona. $100 @ 10/1.

This team has the goods.

RobbieStacks

Yeah well a 41% chance as a 2 seed that everybody's high on to "avenge Gonzaga" has to mean something. I think you guys are making a mistake here. Arizona is green and can't shoot. I don't even know if St. Mary's will make the Round of 32, but if they do, I think THEY... are the goods.

t-wizzle

Yeah well a 41% chance as a 2 seed that everybody's high on to "avenge Gonzaga" has to mean something. I think you guys are making a mistake here. Arizona is green and can't shoot. I don't even know if St. Mary's will make the Round of 32, but if they do, I think THEY... are the goods.
    Why does that 41% mean anything? Seems like it's just a number pulled out of thin air. Arizona is the best team in that region.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Saint Mary's isn't doing anything in this tournament.

People are high on Kansas for no reason too. This isn't a great Kansas team. They're just a good team like they always are but they don't have the talent of UNC, Duke, Arizona, or even UCLA.....one of these four teams will win it.

Kentucky, Kansas, Nova, and Gonzaga are dead money.

SMU and Iowa State are teams like that could make a run but Iowa State could also lose in the first round.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 03-13-17 at 04:48 PM.

First 123 Last