No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    Read a nice comment on deadspin, in the article about the bozos that let it ride all in from 10 consecutive Packers moneyline wins. Not different than your experience:

When the Browns were 0-2 I saw the possibility of a winless season and starting betting on them to lose. Over a three month period, my initial investment of $300 had grown to $304.61 before that crushing Week 16 victory against the Chargers left me penniless.

​LOL!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I think everyone had Green Bay too

MASSIVE PUBLIC BETTING TEAM but line pushed up by sharps on Atl
    All this sharp talk is nothing but bullshit and the books just taking a position. Sure there is some but it is peanuts compared to public money. To prove it is bullshit why would they move the line towards the opposite of the money? Horseshit on all this sharp talk. Its almost as dumb as when they say they want equal action on both sides. I can't believe there is anyone dumb enuf to still believe that but there are.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

These books are all in it together or they would move their lines by themselves instead of being told by a service to move it. I love when they all move a line at once because they say it was steamed. Why would i move my line because another book got hit hard? That is why they all work in sync. Linesmakers are bigger liars than politicians.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Here are real facts

Before the fourth quarter of the AFC Championship game started, the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook posted a Super Bowl line with the Patriots -3 over the Falcons and a total of 58, the highest Super Bowl total ever. More of the Super Bowl later, but let's talk about how the books did on Championship Sunday. The big question coming in was whether or not the bettors would continue to win big they they had the first two weekends of the playoffs.

The score was Patriots 33-9 when the Super Bowl spread was posted with the only wagering decision really left in the game being whether or not the total would go 'over' 51 points, and it did with 11 points scored in the fourth-quarter to make it 36-17 much to the dismay of the sports books.

That decision coupled with the Falcons easily covering 6-points in a 44-21 win over the Packers NFC Championship game, in a game that went 'over' a playoff record total of 61, left the books as a small winner on the day with most of the win coming when championship futures and the ties-lose parlay card were posted.

"We did well on the first game just because we took lots of Packers action taking the points and the money-line a few hours before kickoff. The 'under' would have made it better for us, but we were off to a good start and didn't have a lot of parlay risk heading into the late game," said Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook VP Jay Kornegay.

The Falcons high-scoring offense didn't waste any time scoring on their first drive for the eighth consecutive game and they'd take a 24-0 lead into the half and then scored immediately in the second-half to derail any Aaron Rodgers and the Packers might come back. If you had a wager on the Falcons, the victory cigar came out very early. Most had the total 'over' and had to wait a little longer to be a winner.

"We lost on the Patriots cover," said Kornegay, "but it still turned out to be a pretty good day."

Kornegay also said they did well to Atlanta and New England conference futures that were also posted.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

JJ

you believe Kornegay ?

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Books want even money on each side....They will move and post lines to drive

joe public to there needs......Just remember it a game of war....

Books want your money!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    Books want even money on each side....

Urban Myth

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Book's want the public to lose. I agree with Thor. The books move the lines. Funny how they move on totals just before tip all the time. Oh wait it was sharp money knowing a fg was going to be missed.

First 12