Gaze73
    Gaze73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1192

Why doesn't every bookie treat winners like Pinnacle?

That is, simply reduce odds when sharp money hits your lines. Instead, most of the fukking clowns either ban you outright or reduce your stakes to ridiculous sizes. I just got the message from my fav bookie bet 365
    It's funny how they allow you to make like $25k bets initially but when there's even a hint you know what you're doing suddenly they can't afford to lose 50 bucks because their multi billion empire would crumble.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

$25k bets at Bet365

Gaze73

You can do that on -1000 favs I think.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

terrible strategy

most books win even if you hit weak numbers long run

they are too stupid to realize it

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

One reason that stops them is if a smaller book moves out of line with Pinny then arbers hit them on the overpriced dog side.

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    One reason that stops them is if a smaller book moves out of line with Pinny then arbers hit them on the overpriced dog side.
    Then they ban the arbers. There isn't many of them anyway, and they're extremely easy to spot.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Gaze73 View Post
    Then they ban the arbers. There isn't many of them anyway, and they're extremely easy to spot.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9193

I think there may be more arbers than you think but agree they are easy to spot if the book uses software to scan for arbs against them and match that to betting activity.

People from countries were $10/day is a good income are big on arbing smaller amounts and they are tough to spot without a software scanning solution.

jjgold

all books need to do is keep lines close with pinnacle with auto moving software off pinnacle changes and impossible to arb

so easy

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

It's the books that don't move the lines ( tons of them in the mid to late 90's) that are actually taken a side. So it's akin to them betting the game themselves.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5417

They aren't called Bet$3.65 for nothing!

jjgold

a lot of books also do not have volume to handle bigger bets

Best way to book is the UK way for profit

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

I am an arber with bet365 have not been limited over years.

Have bet 50k in live game betting. They dont cater to big players but based on history will take lots of action. On live lines the max bet in the betting box is what they will accept without your bet being sent to a trader. Once u reach the max ur bet is delayed about 30-40 secs more while trader either accepts or changes odds for you to accept or not

About ur account beijg limited u must be a new customer and won a few bets in a row or u are only betting into the lower vig lines in smaller markets.

jjgold

Biggie your not an arber at bet365

There are none

Gaze73

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    I am an arber with bet365 have not been limited over years.

Have bet 50k in live game betting. They dont cater to big players but based on history will take lots of action. On live lines the max bet in the betting box is what they will accept without your bet being sent to a trader. Once u reach the max ur bet is delayed about 30-40 secs more while trader either accepts or changes odds for you to accept or not

About ur account beijg limited u must be a new customer and won a few bets in a row or u are only betting into the lower vig lines in smaller markets.
    I've been betting with them for many years. I had a terrible run this month. Yet I was limited, because I was beating their SPs(starting prices) on horse racing - and they limited me on all sports. If you're consistently withdrawing hundreds or thousands of bucks from them, due to arbing no less, they would have to be completely retarded not to limit you.

jjgold

No book likes you betting off numbers big even Vegas

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

I've been betting with them for many years. I had a terrible run this month. Yet I was limited, because I was beating their SPs(starting prices) on horse racing - and they limited me on all sports. If you're consistently withdrawing hundreds or thousands of bucks from them, due to arbing no less, they would have to be completely retarded not to limit you.
    Did the issue start after a big withdrawal or two made them wake up and take a look at your account?

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Biggie your not an arber at bet365

There are none
    You have no idea what your talking about again JJ close her down.

Horse racing is a whole different story

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13690

how low did they reduce you?

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Much easier to run a square book. Why bother with balancing action and holding decisions when you can just boot the small percentage of bettors deemed 'sharp' and let the squares pound away

jjgold

Plenty of books that take $1000 per game even winners

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Quote Originally Posted by rizespor View Post
    Much easier to run a square book. Why bother with balancing action and holding decisions when you can just boot the small percentage of bettors deemed 'sharp' and let the squares pound away
    Square books are basically screwing squares with bad numbers. Sharps would get value but they have all been kicked out or know better than play there.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    Square books are basically screwing squares with bad numbers. Sharps would get value but they have all been kicked out or know better than play there.
    Basically.

As the saying goes, squares bet teams, sharps bet numbers