franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16693

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Better schooling

Both have 10 for ratings. Ross does only have 1 school though.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Guys thinking I can afford to live in or nrar Palo Alto

Maybe I can, haven't checked the market but I have been told by numerous nurses bringing in nearly $200k that Palo Alto is unaffordable.

The bay area is a srs consideration but I was turned off by the idea because everone kept twlling me Oakland was my only chance.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Guys thinking I can afford to live in or nrar Palo Alto Maybe I can, haven't checked the market but I have been told by numerous nurses bringing in nearly $200k that Palo Alto is unaffordable.The bay area is a srs consideration but I was turned off by the idea because everone kept twlling me Oakland was my only chance.
    Kraken - you must be joking??? The average home in Palo Alto is over $2.5 million. That's average home. A small micro apartment would cost you ~$6,000/month. Making $200k a year would place you in the bottom 1% of the city. You would most likely need public assistance. I am not shitting you.

http://sf.curbed.com/2016/3/23/11294...250k-subsidies

Too many other places within an hour drive for much, much less. That area is very expensive in general. Most people spend a great amount of their income on housing. Do you really want to be house poor, where you can't do much outside of just work every day all day to pay the rent?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Oregon would be my choice.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Kraken - you must be joking??? The average home in Palo Alto is over $2.5 million. That's average home. A small micro apartment would cost you ~$6,000/month. Making $200k a year would place you in the bottom 1% of the city. You would most likely need public assistance. I am not shitting you.

http://sf.curbed.com/2016/3/23/11294...250k-subsidies

Too many other places within an hour drive for much, much less. That area is very expensive in general. Most people spend a great amount of their income on housing. Do you really want to be house poor, where you can't do much outside of just work every day all day to pay the rent?
    I agree 100%, I cannot live in palo alto, i have no doubt. The "maybe I can" was in reference to atherton or Ross, I haven't looked at those markets but I assume due to their proximity to SF and Palo Alto, the chances of me moving to either city is slim.

Hell no I dont want to be house poor, nor do I want to be like sardines crammed in a can any longer. Seattle was enough.

Now the trick is finding that rare area where nurse wages are high, even for less populated areas.

Right now bend OR and Leavenworth/Wenatchee are leading the way
    Last edited by The Kraken; 01-16-17 at 10:30 PM.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Guys thinking I can afford to live in or nrar Palo Alto

Maybe I can, haven't checked the market but I have been told by numerous nurses bringing in nearly $200k that Palo Alto is unaffordable.

The bay area is a srs consideration but I was turned off by the idea because everone kept twlling me Oakland was my only chance.
    Anywhere in the Bay is expensive, especially NorthBay (SF, San Mateo). SouthBay (San Jose, Gilroy) those area would be the cheapest, 2k for a reasonable apartment, lol. Eastbay (Oakland, San Pablo) is not as cheap as you think just because of its close proximity to a war zone (the hood/Projects).

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I agree 100%, I cannot live in palo alto, i have no doubt. The "maybe I can" was in reference to atherton or Ross, I haven't looked at those markets but I assume due to their proximity to SF and Palo Alto, the chances of me moving to either city is slim.

Hell no I dont want to be house poor, nor do I want to be like sardines crammed in a can any longer. Seattle was enough.

Now the trick is finding that rare area where nurse wages are high, even for less populated areas.

Right now bend OR and Leavenworth/Wenatchee are leading the way
    East side of the mountains is shit hole krank come on man......stay working in king county and live in snohomish county brother nicest area for suburban living we all no south of Seattle is shit east of Seattle overpriced.....so you have to commute? I do it it's nothing to have to drive hour 1/2 in traffic to save 200k on your home and get nicer and bigger is worth it to me krank...plus there is hospitals in Arlington and Everett
    Last edited by pilebuck13; 01-16-17 at 11:15 PM.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

San Francisco, who earn $133,000 per year.
    Other high-paying regions for California registered nurses include>
    Santa Cruz-Watsonville, Sacramento and Modesto.

Nurses in Hawaii and Massachusetts earn nearly as much as those in California, with average annual salaries of $90,000 and $88,000, respectively. The national average salary for a registered nurse is $71,000.

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    San Francisco, who earn $133,000 per year.
    Other high-paying regions for California registered nurses include>
    Santa Cruz-Watsonville, Sacramento and Modesto.

Nurses in Hawaii and Massachusetts earn nearly as much as those in California, with average annual salaries of $90,000 and $88,000, respectively. The national average salary for a registered nurse is $71,000.
    Most nurses can work tons of overtime though

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    This is true

On average, I make between 66%-75% higher wages than avg salary in the hospitals I work

Arlington would be nice, but then if Im gonna leave my current job, I have to ask why Arlington over Bend. Commuting is not an option for me due to call back

Mac4Lyfe

But that's the problem. Do you want to spend your life working? Or being able to enjoy your life, traveling, spending time with family?

One other thing to remember when you're looking at the bay area is that EVERYTHING is expensive. A loaf of bread, butter, milk, meat are twice expensive than other places. I remember when I first went into a food store in Florida after living in California for years. I thought I was back in the 80's. The prices were a HUGE difference for everything. I think it's important to find places with reasonable cost of living. You don't want to spend your life working just to pay the bills.

No one ever says on their death bed... "I wish I would have worked more overtime".

pilebuck13

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    But that's the problem. Do you want to spend your life working? Or being able to enjoy your life, traveling, spending time with family?

One other thing to remember when you're looking at the bay area is that EVERYTHING is expensive. A loaf of bread, butter, milk, meat are twice expensive than other places. I remember when I first went into a food store in Florida after living in California for years. I thought I was back in the 80's. The prices were a HUGE difference for everything. I think it's important to find places with reasonable cost of living. You don't want to spend your life working just to pay the bills.

No one ever says on their death bed... "I wish I would have worked more overtime".
    Even if I had the money I wouldn't live there spent some time in alameda and yahhh I'll pass.....and your right about work but I guess you can have one and not the other hard decisions

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14032

canada hands down no trimp clean country

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

Idaho........anywhere
    Points Awarded:

Philmill gave Bandit 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

California is the worst place in the United States to live and less you're making $500,000 or more

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

this thread and kraken are proof of why the electoral college is amazing.

Get your ass to California, honestly would be the best thing you've done for humanity.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

If you like the outdoors doubt you could find a better place to live than Bend.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

I moved to Florida 6 yrs ago best place I have ever lived love it.
    As for work well if you and your sbr ghost all get jobs her at 7/11 you'll do fine

mets119218
    mets119218's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3814

I live in west palm right now. Lived in Denver all parts of Tennessee Atlanta and Laredo Texas and south port North Carolina honestly if I could go back home to East Tennessee I would. Very cheap hardly no property taxes and mountains are Great.

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

Park City-Jackson Hole-Tahoo is my Home

ski-golf-boating-gambling

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Even if I had the money I wouldn't live there spent some time in alameda and yahhh I'll pass.....and your right about work but I guess you can have one and not the other hard decisions
    Well don't judge our Bay Area based on a shithole like Alameda.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

both Laguna Niguel and Newport Beach are not bad, if you can afford it

Santa Monica is not bad either, but you get too much ghetto trash crawling in there from Venice and Mar Vista

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14043

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

Santa Monica is not bad either, but you get too much ghetto trash crawling in there from Venice and Mar Vista
    U live in Russia. Talk about a shithole, yet Newport Beach is " not bad". ... F&cken tool.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    U live in Russia. Talk about a shithole, yet Newport Beach is " not bad". ... F&cken tool.
    hahaha...love seeing you so rattled and mad

hey SKUNK...can you address this little thing over here?

I wanna know your step-by-step thought process when you were typing this weak ass girly shit.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Los Angeles, Old Mexico
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post

Some might argue that the trash in Venice and Mar Vista comes from Samo. Personally I think the best bet is to stay south of the 90.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Some might argue that the trash in Venice and Mar Vista comes from Samo. Personally I think the best bet is to stay south of the 90.
    yeah you got a valid point there Jaker

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I have family in LA and while visiting I've found that the homeless population is somewhat organized and aggressive on parts of the beach drive compared to the east coast

jjgold

Msssive homeless problem West Coast

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

We need Bum Fights to come back

jjgold

Chicago?

Vermont?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Tyler???

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

pilebuck13

Is Austin Texas all yuppy ville now opie

pilebuck13

Colorado not bad

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I have family in LA and while visiting I've found that the homeless population is somewhat organized and aggressive on parts of the beach drive compared to the east coast
    It's a HUGE problem. I use to live in Marina Del Rey. Loved the beach and ocean breeze. The weather was always perfect. But right down the street in Venice was a population of homeless. During the day, Venice beach was an eclectic, throwback to Woodstock but at night it turned into a homeless tent city haven. There's like 1,000 homeless people in Venice which is a very small city. Most of these people are young in their 20's that are either on drugs, have mental issues or just stopped taking responsibility in life. Years ago the homeless didn't cause much trouble but today they steal and rob. The police have to roam the streets to prevent crimes. Venice is like 2nd in the state for homeless people next to skid row. Crazy. The Marina is a bit sheltered because the sidewalk ends at Venice and starts back up I think in Manhattan beach.
    Warm weather brings the homeless. San Diego has a bunch as well. A few years ago I was visiting a friend in Diego and I pull up in her carport and a guy was laying down in a sleeping bag. I asked her if she knew there was a guy laying in her driveway and she was like "oh, that's Tom, he comes here at night to sleep but leaves early in the morning. He showed up one night last year. He at least looks out for me." WTH???

First 123 Last