&
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Abe is English your first language?

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

So, the clock stops with 2 seconds to play, once the receiver catches the ball and crosses the goal line. That block saved Clemson's behind. End of story. They gambled on very shaky play and won. It was squeaky close so quit denying it unless you know football better then the best on SBR. Who would that be?

That block allowed for the clock to leave 2 seconds. Anything not silky smooth as it went down, this game is over. Catch or no catch.

Bring on some real SBR college football experts and my hears will certainly listen.

ABEHONEST

And greasy kid, here, needs to spend less time combing that cruddy looking hair and try to make an original, homemade opinion on a sports topic for a change.
    Bet my 2 cents he won't because his true skills lie in making fun of members on here and nothing about sports. Hmm, gotta be a sissy, well, the odds are at least very high in his favor.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Let's see, if guy not wide open throw away immediately. Guy is wide open, pass completed into end zone and STILL 1 second left. Put down the pipe, Abe.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Literally no one agrees with you, Abe. You know they had a TO, right? They also could have easily pounded a run up the middle and call TO if short. So why the hell would they kick. Totally absurd.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Literally no one agrees with you, Abe. You know they had a TO, right? They also could have easily pounded a run up the middle and call TO if short. So why the hell would they kick. Totally absurd.
    I forgot about the TO they had left. I think Abe is crying out for help.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Actually 3 seconds on clock when he caught it, they just let 2 seconds run off just because, didnt matter at that point anyway. Not sure if Bama tried to get a second or two added, doubt it, didnt matter.

ABEHONEST

Okay, different opinions, I see. Still, without the big game ending block, there is no time to change your mind and call TO. I didn't know they had a time out but seems they weren't concerned about it to me. It sure looked like do or die to me.
    Just how much time you can do a genuine solid play against [what?] the best defense in college ball?
    If someone uncovers what Clemson's option plan was, since they did have a TO, it will soon be found out I bet.
    And, we can calm down since no one on here can prove anything. You know what they say about opinions, right?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Okay, different opinions, I see. Still, without the big game ending block, there is no time to change your mind and call TO. I didn't know they had a time out but seems they weren't concerned about it to me. It sure looked like do or die to me.
    Just how much time you can do a genuine solid play against [what?] the best defense in college ball?
    If someone uncovers what Clemson's option plan was, since they did have a TO, it will soon be found out I bet.
    And, we can calm down since no one on here can prove anything. You know what they say about opinions, right?

temple2010
    temple2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4189

total right call with 6 seconds- no question about it. Clemson outplayed Alabama no question about that either, yardage, time of possession, even with Clemson turning the ball over twice and once they don't count on downs in the first quarter.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Not at all. It was obviously a quick shot with the pan that if it's not there then throw it into the ground with time left. I'll concede that of course it's theoretically possible for something to go wrong, but in all likelihood it's TD or you kick next down. It would have been insane to kick with 6 seconds left from the 2 there. Not a close call. End of story.

ABEHONEST

Like I said, opinions, opinions, and when we do get the "real-story," then, I may have to concede the chance they took was better than average to reach success.
    And, no, I do not believe you catch a ball within 3 seconds either. It had to take at least 3 seconds to get the receiver open. Come on.

just releasing it alone probably took 3 seconds and that's a conservative guess.
    Not the end of story just yet.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Not only is your thread premise devoid of any football knowledge, you don't even no the basic rules of College Football. I would ask you why you would start a thread about a subject you know nothing about, but that would be a hypothetical.
    Shut up moron

vividjohn45

Yeah. Clemson gambled on the play and got lucky. Id of kicked the fg and gone O. A tipped ball or a reciever covered and then the qb has to make it to endzone with no time left

vividjohn45

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Not at all. It was obviously a quick shot with the pan that if it's not there then throw it into the ground with time left. I'll concede that of course it's theoretically possible for something to go wrong, but in all likelihood it's TD or you kick next down. It would have been insane to kick with 6 seconds left from the 2 there. Not a close call. End of story.
    The reciever caught the ball with 1 second left. Standard play is kick the FG. I dont question the sanity on that FG play. Clemson gambled for the national championship amd won.

ABEHONEST

You do sound like a real *ss. So, everything worked grand and we even have that easy to get one second left we planned for.

ABEHONEST

This wrap up note from The Guardian.

A pass interference on Alabama made it first-and-goal at the two with six seconds left. Time for "one more play" to avoid a tying kick and potential overtime. Renfrow slipped away from the defense at the goal line and was alone for an easy toss. It was the walk-on receiver’s second TD catch of the night, adding to the two he had last season against Alabama.

ABE highlighted that phrase, "one more play".
    And apparently....NO TO's left either?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This is really dumb.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This is really dumb.
    How dat? So many critics and very few logical answers?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

This wrap up note from The Guardian.

A pass interference on Alabama made it first-and-goal at the two with six seconds left. Time for "one more play" to avoid a tying kick and potential overtime. Renfrow slipped away from the defense at the goal line and was alone for an easy toss. It was the walk-on receiver’s second TD catch of the night, adding to the two he had last season against Alabama.

ABE highlighted that phrase, "one more play".
    And apparently....NO TO's left either?
    Try reading that again. One more play to avoid a tying kick and potential overtime means just that, time to run another play before settling for the kick. Renfrow didn't catch the ball with 1 second left, he caught the ball, scored, got hit and tumbled out of bounds. At this point there was 1 second left. You're reaching here. Only a dumbass would have kicked before trying one more play from the 2 fuk'n yd. line. If you're so hell bent on questioning their decision making then look at letting 30 seconds run off the clock earlier in the series (53 second mark down to 20 before spiking the ball). Going for the TD was the only decision. Period. And Clemson did have a timeout left.
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 01-12-17 at 11:53 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

So, the clock stops with 2 seconds to play, once the receiver catches the ball and crosses the goal line. That block saved Clemson's behind. End of story. They gambled on very shaky play and won. It was squeaky close so quit denying it unless you know football better then the best on SBR. Who would that be?

That block allowed for the clock to leave 2 seconds. Anything not silky smooth as it went down, this game is over. Catch or no catch.

Bring on some real SBR college football experts and my hears will certainly listen.
    Abe, I have forgotten more about college football than you will EVER know. You are dead WRONG on this. There would have been plenty of time left on the clock for a game tying FG if needed. The fact of the matter was this. The Alabama defense was finished. They could not keep up with the Clemson offense. There was little, if any risk involved in this play. It was the right call, and 99% of all College Football HC's make the same call. Stop crying about your loss. By the way, 'Bama is NOT in the finals next season. Don't feel bad. Neither is Clemson.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

QH checked in

Abe you lose

The end

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Abe, I have forgotten more about college football than you will EVER know. You are dead WRONG on this. There would have been plenty of time left on the clock for a game tying FG if needed. The fact of the matter was this. The Alabama defense was finished. They could not keep up with the Clemson offense. There was little, if any risk involved in this play. It was the right call, and 99% of all College Football HC's make the same call. Stop crying about your loss. By the way, 'Bama is NOT in the finals next season. Don't feel bad. Neither is Clemson.
    Hmm, was there another TO or not? Why then, would they say one more play TOO AVOID a potential FG and OT.
    And yes, you may be right about football knowledge but I "usually" am pretty darn good with math and my first post explains why I thought they should have taken the easier route to win this game.
    Simple fact; they gambled and won, yet, thousands of fans are crying foul. At least I am not doing that.

Only an opinion so let's call off those name calling football geniues.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Hmm, was there another TO or not? Why then, would they say one more play TOO AVOID a potential FG and OT.
    And yes, you may be right about football knowledge but I "usually" am pretty darn good with math and my first post explains why I thought they should have taken the easier route to win this game.
    Simple fact; they gambled and won, yet, thousands of fans are crying foul. At least I am not doing that.

Only an opinion so let's call off those name calling football geniues.
    Yes they had one more time out, I can post the video to prove it if you like. What don't you get about one more play to avoid...? Means exactly what it says, they had one more play to win before having to kick (in essence, time for 2 plays). Otherwise it would have been the LAST play, then they would have had to make an actual decision (kick or try to win). As it is there was no decision, you run another play to win the game. /thread.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Dude, you understand these guys run forty yards in about 4 seconds right? Obviously you can run a play from 2 yard line in 5 seconds unless coach or QB really F it up. This is all crazy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: d2bets, and bigtymer56

ABEHONEST

No, crazy to me is risk everything an a desperate last play? And I did explain they shouldn't have.
    Case closed until I see what their legit game plan was with 6 seconds left? If I guessed wrong, so be it, but being a coach and gambling [very, very good possibility] on a possible disastrous fail.

* However, if they did indeed have a TO left, my opinion is sliced by a 50% margin as being the best possible play.
    Thank you some interesting opinions.
    We can close this out now unless we do find that controversial last play game plan.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

You lost & now you're trying to reason with it, move the f u c k on dude. Next time wager less ... yes I'm that name calling (jerk) , f u c k tard.
    Last edited by BeatTheJerk; 01-12-17 at 02:53 PM.

BeatTheJerk

Btw I'm won 5k on it & I'll enjoy the Bitcoin payment any moment now. You're crying about penny's I assume. I know this thread is dollar signs motivated. Amateur !

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Btw I'm won 5k on it & I'll enjoy the Bitcoin payment any moment now. You're crying about penny's I assume. I know this thread is dollar signs motivated. Amateur !
    Just what SBR needs, another bratty mind reader that still has yellow stains in his drawers. I bet I could find his house by following the yellow brick road.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

How is this even a topic?

"I believe it's foolish to score more points than your opponent in regulation. One should strive to equal their opponent's output after four quarters, then attempt to score more points in extra periods. That is what I would have done, dammit!"

I'm guessing the OP won't be coaching in any national title games any time soon.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

No, crazy to me is risk everything an a desperate last play? And I did explain they shouldn't have.
    Case closed until I see what their legit game plan was with 6 seconds left? If I guessed wrong, so be it, but being a coach and gambling [very, very good possibility] on a possible disastrous fail.

* However, if they did indeed have a TO left, my opinion is sliced by a 50% margin as being the best possible play.
    Thank you some interesting opinions.
    We can close this out now unless we do find that controversial last play game plan.
    "Desperate last play"? Dude there was enough time to kick off AND have the offense take a knee. That's 2 more plays. You can't be this thick

BeatTheJerk

Just what SBR needs, another bratty mind reader that still has yellow stains in his drawers. I bet I could find his house by following the yellow brick road.
    Dumbest f u c k i n g joke I'll hear in 17'. Next time google your material.

BeatTheJerk

You need to save your idiotic hypotheticals to yourself. Then you might stand a chance, after you actually thought about a rational scenario

BeatTheJerk

Your biggest problem is that you lack common sense, and that is something you can't ever learn. You either have it or you don't.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Your biggest problem is that you lack common sense, and that is something you can't ever learn. You either have it or you don't.
    Okay, then we have this .... You believe you have a superior mind when it come to common sense and I suppose, picking winners much better than me. Right?

Now, my take....on what you seem to be; A cocky young gambler who thinks he's a genius because he, supposedly, won a major play?
    Well, if lady luck had not shined on you that special day, would you be so cocky and still be talking in that condescending manner?

HELL NO! You would be crying like the bitch you "seem" to be. And these young cocky gamblers, when they brag as you have, will meet the odds-maker head-on someday very soon. This one , and when you do, your personal bank, your favorite Books, and credit card suppliers, will hug you and offer you sweet deals like you've never seen before.
    Watch and see.

First 123 Last