kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Can Deshaun Watson save the Browns?

They haven't been in position to draft a franchise qb. Been forced to take what was available. He looks good enough to save their young team. It's a hard task. Cleveland breaks alot of players and coaches...but he is talented enough to do for them what Cam did for Carolina.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Browns have had 24 starting QBs since 2000. They need to finally go after a solid QB and stop drafting bums. Go get Watson, don't overthink it and go get a receiver like Williams to come with him to Ctown.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2714

Watson is overrated and overhyped...he will not make it as an NFL QB...we've seen this movie a hundred times already.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Watson is overrated and overhyped...he will not make it as an NFL QB...we've seen this movie a hundred times already.
    You don't think? I don't know man. He looks pretty good. I like him because he's smart. He reads the field well which is 75% of what NFL is all about at the qb position.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

The years they had the 1 pick they weren't top qb drafts. this year they could of had wentz, but he isn't franchise changing. But they missed out on the Mannings, Luck, Newton, Mariota and Winston.They don't even know how to suck at the right time lol.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

He's not going #1 soooooooo...moot point?

Mac4Lyfe

He made a bunch of NFL throws tonight. Helps to have big receivers. I'd rather have him calling plays over RGIII.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    The years they had the 1 pick they weren't top qb drafts. this year they could of had wentz, but he isn't franchise changing. But they missed out on the Mannings, Luck, Newton, Mariota and Winston.They don't even know how to suck at the right time lol.
    I think Watson can be a better version of Tyrod Taylor. So a quality starting qb imo. But we'll see. Most of it is mental when you get to that stage.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Luck, Newton, Mariota, Winston, Carr, Prescott all carrying their teams. guess you haven't been to the movies in awhile...

Mac4Lyfe

Story of the Browns. We don't even know when to suck. I wanted them to suck for Luck. I really wanted them to get Winston and these fools found ways to win meaningless fukking games to kill themselves. They almost fukked up the number 1 pick this year with that bullshit win against the Chargers. WTF? You do not need to win a game, fortunately, San Fran was too stupid to not tank that same day.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7787

Watson threw 1-2 picks a game all season. Great game plan tonight helped him. He's damn good but we'll see.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Nobody can save the Browns. Jesus would get a concussion playing for the Browns.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Watson will be a star in the NFL...unless he gets picked by the Browns.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Watson will be at least as steady as Mariotta. I would take him number 1...................just not with the Browns. Browns don't deserve a classy young man like Watson. The Browns should draft the kid from Washington State and ruin him like Ryan Leaf

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

the browns will draft Myles Garrett, thinks they made the smart move and ultimately will regret it when Watson goes to the pro bowl.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

THEY have a good coach. But unless your strong on the line than your doomed to lose

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Watson will be at least as steady as Mariotta. I would take him number 1...................just not with the Browns. Browns don't deserve a classy young man like Watson. The Browns should draft the kid from Washington State and ruin him like Ryan Leaf
    They could trade down and risk getting him later, but to me its like zeke elliot. No one had him top 4 pick, but he was what the cowboys needed and a difference maker. if i'm cleveland i take him. what do they have to lose? Fans will be rejuvenated. A d lineman isn't gonna excite the fanbase.

Da Manster!

Luck, Newton, Mariota, Winston, Carr, Prescott all carrying their teams. guess you haven't been to the movies in awhile...
    I saw Star Wars: Rogue one, last year's Star Wars with Daisy Ridley, and before that the 2005 remake of King Kong and Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer...

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

The Fantastic Four was the bust of that foursome lol

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    the browns will draft Myles Garrett, thinks they made the smart move and ultimately will regret it when Watson goes to the pro bowl.
    Yep, they will pass on Watson because they don't think he's overall number 1, when they've needed a QB for 2 decades now. They'll take Garrett and watch him waste away like Joe Thomas while Watson ends up being a thorn in their sides in Pittsburgh or Baltimore for years to come.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I think Watson can be a better version of Tyrod Taylor. So a quality starting qb imo. But we'll see. Most of it is mental when you get to that stage.
    Tyrod Taylor is like 5' 11". Size matters at the qb position. i give tyrod credit for being durable at his size. Watson has much better touch. Taylor is a huge overachiever. Never supposed to start a game in the nfl coming out of tech. backup material.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

People talking about Watson or even Williams

If it weren't for Renfroe making that TD saving tackle, catching two TD passes, and scooping Watson's shitty 3rd down throws out of the dirt this thread would never have occurred to even Seaweed

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10238

Cleveland Browns....Where QB's go to die.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Hats off to Watson for beating Bama seems like a class guy, but he is a pure college QB in a system that won't translate to the NFL. Knowing this the laughable franchise called the Cleveland Browns will draft him and it will end badly!

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

If it weren't for Renfroe making that TD saving tackle, catching two TD passes, and scooping Watson's shitty 3rd down throws out of the dirt this thread would never have occurred to even Seaweed

Lol come on man. Guy threw for 825 yards 7tds and 1 int in two games against the #1 team. Guys a beast.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Browns best offensive player is a QB turned WR...the Browns are still far away from becoming a decent team; they could draft a Peyton Manning and still take 5+ years to make the playoffs.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Yazworm91 View Post
    Lol come on man. Guy threw for 825 yards 7tds and 1 int in two games against the #1 team. Guys a beast.
    I agree. People do have to look at how he through for 70%, over 400 yards and 3 TDs, no interceptions against a VERY good defensive team.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5030

Seen two NFL throws the rest were tunnel screens jump balls or ridcuiosly wide open recievers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!, and dlowilly

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I agree. People do have to look at how he through for 70%, over 400 yards and 3 TDs, no interceptions against a VERY good defensive team.
    If ever there were deceiving stats this is it. Bunch of YAC screen passes, miracle catches and scooped bad throws, and at least 1 and maybe 2 of the 3 TDs were illegal
    Points Awarded:

jackbo gave dlowilly 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    and two dropped INT's by Alabama defenders

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post

yeah, cause watson is 28-2 last two years because of renfroe lol. that's how he won the l'ville game, carried them against bama last year. beat fsu back2back. owes it all to renfroe. yup...

dlowilly

yeah, cause watson is 28-2 last two years because of renfroe lol. that's how he won the l'ville game, carried them against bama last year. beat fsu back2back. owes it all to renfroe. yup...
    I don't know about all that but he owes this game to Renfroe

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

apparently u don't know much. not his first rodeo. he has a body of work. on the other hand, did you honestly hear of "renfrow" before tonight?? do u even know his first name. or that its not spelled with an "e". let it go. he had a couple good catches. he didn't win the damn game. "great route" you called it. the most common goal line route in football lol. u really should watch more games before bestowing greatness lol

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

When was the last time a qb stayed and finished his sr season in college and became a standout nfl qb?

Seems like all the good ones leave early.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Watson>>>>> that louisville qb

12 Last