lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

NFL needs to tinker with playoffs

Wild card matchups all blowouts. Too many shit teams getting into the playoffs. All leagues greedy adding more games but product gets worse.

Get rid of byes for top 2 seeds.

Make all 6 teams play .

Then give pats bye after round 1. Records mean nothing cause of they did the raider's were 12-4 and should have been at home vs the Texans.

So pats vs dolphins

Raider's vs Steelers

Chiefs vs Texans

So if chiefs/Steelers and pats win pats get bye and play winner of chiefs/Steelers game.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Okay but there were injuries that made this year different from others. I like rewarding teams for winning their divisions. That's what makes December football so great. We can't just ignore the drama that comes with the last few weeks of the season because sometimes the Wildcard round doesn't work out the way we'd like.

I'm not opposed to making changes but I'm perfectly fine with rewarding division winners.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Texans won 3 less games then Oakland. That's a huge difference.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Texans won 3 less games then Oakland. That's a huge difference.
    Sure but were you making this case in 2010 when Seattle beat the Saints? That was 7-9 vs. defensing SB champ 11-5.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Sure but were you making this case in 2010 when Seattle beat the Saints? That was 7-9 vs. defensing SB champ 11-5.
    Actually, everyone in the world didn't think Seattle should have played at home that year. Winning the division should get you into the playoffs but everything should be reseeded for playoffs according to record. It is the only logical way.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

have to put some reward for winning division otherwise why have them?

Injuries ruined many of the games this week.

Ive given my ideas to fix the scheduling, injuries & quality of play...but I'm JAG

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

I think they are good how they are. If not you are essentially punished for playing in a tough division. You have to play those teams twice a year.........