jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

sports losing more and more fan each year

easier following scores with phone, computer or listen to game on iphone apps

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The game is nearly unwatchable

First problem: Commercials. Way to fukking often. Kickoff, commercial, 3 and out, punt, commercial, Score a TD, commercial, extra point, commercial, kickoff commercial, etc... I would love to see a breakdown of how much time we spend watching the actual game vs. non game stuff

Second problem: Officiating. Guy makes a diving 40 yard TD catch, spins the ball on the ground and pumps his fist as a celebration, flag gets thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct. What the fukk is wrong with these zebras? This goes for NFL and NCAA, anything more than handing the ball to the ref and running to your sideline is now a flag. Fukking snooze fest.

Third Problem: Officiating. Hnreal, they're so bad they get two out of the three problem paragraphs. They've taken the essence out of the game. Guy gets tackled too hard, penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct. Guy is running down the sidelines, steps out of bounds with one foot (barely) and the safety tackles him almost simultaneously, penalty for late hit. QB runs and slides late when a LB is already in the motion of tackling but doesnt matter because you cant touch QB's anymore, penalty.

What a shitty product
    There is nothing that can be done about too many commercials. What do you think pays for all of these ridiculous Bowl games where the kids in the bands outnumber the people in the seats? Get used to it.

As far as the kids celebrating, they do way way too much of it. Every time they make a play they go crazy. Those kids are suppose to make plays like that. This is especially true about "D" backs, who go crazy every time they break up a pass, and cry like a 2 month old who is hungry every time they get flagged, which is more and more often. "D" backs are getting worse and worse every year. Many of these kids have a ghetto mentality and it shows.

As far as officiating is concerned, you missed the biggest problem. The officials have grown used to having a back-up with the replay system. They get lazier and lazier every season and depend more and more on the replay to bail them out of mistakes. They need not worry about getting the calls right or wrong. The replay system will save them. This causes the refs to become mentally lazy. What the conferences have to do is to get tough with crews that have too many calls reversed on them.

Remember, if you think the product is so bad, there is a simple and easy solution for you. Do not watch it. More and more people in here complain about football. That just happens to coincide with the growing number of people in here who wager and lose. Two trends in here tell the story about most wanna-be macho fools in here. First, the number of air bettors gets bigger and bigger each year. Second, the number of people who wager and lose gets bigger and bigger. The reason is because many people in here think they know a system that can beat the odds, or think they know all about football, and they do not. They are simply too lazy to do the work. I have said many times that if you stopped worrying about the odds, and just concentrate on which team will win the game, you will make money. No one in here does that, That is why there are so many losers in here. Well over the average of 85%.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Haven't watched a football game from start to finish in a decade.

Crap product, made for Sportscenter Highlights.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11720

And tell me about the time outs and fouling in the last 2 minutes of a basketball game. YOU TALK ABOUT BORING.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I used to have to be pried from the TV during NFL games, now I don't even care. QBs suck, thanks to the college game only wanting mobile QBs. They just don't translate well to the NFL. Every single play there is a dbag getting cocky. You'll see dback give up a 20 yard catch then get up pounding their chest after a tackle. Fukking pathetic all around.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

the over-abuse of instant replay is annoying.
    what's worse is those flying logos that attack the screen
    for cut-ins and cut-outs.. i feel assaulted just watching,
    then the commercials are so fast moving i get a headache
    and start craving MeTV.

You know, when you could watch tv and chill.
    Back in the good old days.. when Madden would riff
    about seagulls and you could watch the players.

Sometimes I turn off the volume completely so I can think
    for myself without being force-fed someone else's impressions.

shockey43
    shockey43's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3085

[QUOTE Sometimes I turn off the volume completely so I can think
    for myself without being force-fed someone else's impressions.[/QUOTE]

This. Takes a lot of the bullshit out of the game from a capping standpoint as well

First 12