ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    Don't be stupid

Take Clemson 2H

they want that revenge vs Bama and Ohio State is good, but out-classed easily in this game

Ohio State needs their 2014 team to come out and play the 2H to have a shot in this game

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Wonder how Penn St. feels right about now, watching a team they beat, a team who finished behind them in the conference, a team who didn't even make their conference championship game, watching that team get their doors blown off. Hey Herbstreit (and others), tonight's a perfect example of why games aren't played on paper, what happens on the field is all that matters. This isn't a "playoff", it's an invitational. Which is fine, just be honest and call it what it is (money grab ala ratings). Want a real playoff watch division 2 or 3 (or whatever they call it now). I'm an ACC guy so I'm loving it, so called "best conference in college football" getting their collective asses handed to them while the ACC rolls.

And yes Manster, best two teams are playing for the title. Hope it's as good a game as last year, with a slightly different outcome

Happy New Year fuktards!!
    Spot on. Lost a few bucks but glad they lost.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Yeah, the media pumped up UM and OSU and they both laid an egg. PSU deserved a shot, not OSU. Shame on the bowl committee...

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Yeah, the media pumped up UM and OSU and they both laid an egg. PSU deserved a shot, not OSU. Shame on the bowl committee...
    Agree on psu but does it matter? Any team other than bama that could have hung tonight??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

the best team from big ten got in. if psu would of made it clemson would of score 60. It would of been better for me cause I would of pounded clemson. I just wish i would of done it today

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I wish they held the heisman vote tomorrow

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Agree on psu but does it matter? Any team other than bama that could have hung tonight??
    PSU and USC were the 2 teams playing the best football the 2nd half of the season. Both were young teams that grew up in season. I would have loved to see USC against this Clemson team. That would have been a fun game. I'm real excited to see that game on Monday.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I wish they held the heisman vote tomorrow
    Imagine how stupid heisman voters are feeling right now. They better hope bama beats clemson but they chose poorly.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

Wonder how Penn St. feels right about now, watching a team they beat, a team who finished behind them in the conference, a team who didn't even make their conference championship game, watching that team get their doors blown off. Hey Herbstreit (and others), tonight's a perfect example of why games aren't played on paper, what happens on the field is all that matters. This isn't a "playoff", it's an invitational. Which is fine, just be honest and call it what it is (money grab ala ratings). Want a real playoff watch division 2 or 3 (or whatever they call it now). I'm an ACC guy so I'm loving it, so called "best conference in college football" getting their collective asses handed to them while the ACC rolls.

And yes Manster, best two teams are playing for the title. Hope it's as good a game as last year, with a slightly different outcome

Happy New Year fuktards!!

Happy New Year, Amigo!.......oh, I agree...Penn ST should have been there and not Ohio ST...having said that, do you honestly think that they would have had any shot to beat Clemson...I say no...game might have been more respectable but the way the Tigers came out ready to play Clemson would have obliterated any team from the Big Ten or just about any other conference for that matter...by the way, ACC was the best conference all year long according to most experts, computer rankings and ratings, etc...no doubt about it and they proved it by their impressive bowl record and performance...

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    the best team from big ten got in. if psu would of made it clemson would of score 60. It would of been better for me cause I would of pounded clemson. I just wish i would of done it today
    I disagree. OSU was leaking oil almost every week. They lose to PSU, should have lost to MSU, UM and Northwestern. OSU lost too many guys last year and had too many young guys. There offense has always been one dimensional as Barrett can't throw worth a shit. PSU should have gotten the nod. You have to win your damn conference.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

the 2nd best team from big ten got in. if psu would of made it clemson would of score 60. It would of been better for me cause I would of pounded clemson. I just wish i would of done it today
    Fixed it for you chico. Why have conferences, hell why play the games if they don't count? The talking heads always tell us how the regular season in college football is the only one that means anything. If that were true Ohio St. would have been playing in a different game.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Happy New Year, Amigo!.......oh, I agree...Penn ST should have been there and not Ohio ST...having said that, do you honestly think that they would have had any shot to beat Clemson...I say no...game might have been more respectable but the way the Tigers came out ready to play Clemson would have obliterated any team from the Big Ten or just about any other conference for that matter...by the way, ACC was the best conference all year long according to most experts, computer rankings and ratings, etc...no doubt about it and they proved it by their impressive bowl record and performance...
    That was my point Manny, it doesn't (and shouldn't) matter what I think. All that should matter is what happens on the field. That's what makes sports great, any given day David can slay Goliath. If it was a foregone conclusion the so-called best team always won then why play? Fuk, why watch, would be boring as hell.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I disagree. OSU was leaking oil almost every week. They lose to PSU, should have lost to MSU, UM and Northwestern. OSU lost too many guys last year and had too many young guys. There offense has always been one dimensional as Barrett can't throw worth a shit. PSU should have gotten the nod. You have to win your damn conference.
    See mac that is where you wrong. They tied 2 other teams and in any other sport they go to cumulative scoring. As mich barely lost to osu and pounded p.s.u. then they would of went. Mich barely lost to fsu missing best o and d player. I would have rather seen f.s.u. go before penn st. When usc pounds them than we will say they weren't the best. As far as ala-wash. I felt that ala coasted that game and they are going to throw the kitchen sink at clemson. Clemson couldn't run on osu and ala has 5 times the d as o.s.u.

chico2663

Fixed it for you chico. Why have conferences, hell why play the games if they don't count? The talking heads always tell us how the regular season in college football is the only one that means anything. If that were true Ohio St. would have been playing in a different game.
    In any other sport if 3 teams tie they go by cumulative scoring. What was the score of the mich-penn. st game? Oh that's right. Hell they didn't even play northwestern. Northwestern beat a team that defeated penn st

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

In any other sport if 3 teams tie they go by cumulative scoring. What was the score of the mich-penn. st game? Oh that's right. Hell they didn't even play northwestern. Northwestern beat a team that defeated penn st
    All due respect Chico, what 3 teams tied? Penn St. won the Big 10. Ohio St. finished 2nd and Michigan 3rd in the East Division of the conference, behind PENN ST. In any other sport, if there had been a tie, the first tiebreaker is head to head. But there wasn't a tie, so everything else is moot. Happy New Year

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Lol, at B10 fans. The conference sucks. Beating up on each other terrible teams but everybody thinks they're all good. Can't wait for W Michigan to beat up on Wisconsin. Welcome to college athletics.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

That was my point Manny, it doesn't (and shouldn't) matter what I think. All that should matter is what happens on the field. That's what makes sports great, any given day David can slay Goliath. If it was a foregone conclusion the so-called best team always won then why play? Fuk, why watch, would be boring as hell.

totally agree..I get your point...it should have been Penn ST getting their asses kicked by Clemson instead of Ohio ST...but at least they would have gotten the right and more deserving team in there, right?!...

chico2663

All due respect Chico, what 3 teams tied? Penn St. won the Big 10. Ohio St. finished 2nd and Michigan 3rd in the East Division of the conference, behind PENN ST. In any other sport, if there had been a tie, the first tiebreaker is head to head. But there wasn't a tie, so everything else is moot. Happy New Year
    I guess i was wrong. It helped that they had the easiest schedule in the big 10 and didn't have to play n western. I don't think that phrase has ever been used. But tell you what. I will give you p.s.u + 8 against usc for 200 points. Let me know your thoughts

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Lol, at B10 fans. The conference sucks. Beating up on each other terrible teams but everybody thinks they're all good. Can't wait for W Michigan to beat up on Wisconsin. Welcome to college athletics.
    When iowa beats fla are you going to be saying that?

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

When iowa beats fla are you going to be saying that?
    I'm actually from Iowa, and they've been playing pretty well at the end of the season. I don't know if they can get a win Monday, guess we'll see. With that said, the top of the B10 has laid an egg, huge egg. Just shows that either the conference as a whole has been overrated, or the teams at the top shouldn't be at the top. To be honest I hate the bowl season in college football - it's a joke. Every other level of college football has the playoffs figured out, there's no reason the top level shouldn't, other than the fact that they only care about money. Just my opinion though.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

horny

chico2663

Cinti enquirer
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ring/96053598/

Says that meyer had 30 days and this is what he produced.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Fun fact: You can find Ohio State's bowl game score twice in the word "Ohio."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: swordsandtequila

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

I guess i was wrong. It helped that they had the easiest schedule in the big 10 and didn't have to play n western. I don't think that phrase has ever been used. But tell you what. I will give you p.s.u + 8 against usc for 200 points. Let me know your thoughts
    None of that matters. This isn't baseball/basketball, they don't play best of seven to determine who's the best team. In a prolonged series who knows how it play out, but the simple fact is Penn St. won the Big 10, fair and square. I'm not saying Penn St. would have given Clemson any better of a game than Ohio St, but they earned the right to be there. The Big 10 set up the conference, they're the chuckleheads that put Ohio St. and Michigan in the same division, they have to live with the results.

I'm not a Penn St. homer, as stated already I'm an ACC guy. I just get tired of all the NCAA's sanctimonious bullshit about "student athlete", integrity, fairness, etc. when in reality it's all about raking in the cash. Bunch of fuk'n hypocrites.

First ... 4567