The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Keys to Happiness

Good health which includes eating healthy, meditation, regular exercise etc...

Anyone that has ever suffered ill health, they can vouch that good health should top everyones list of wants this year for the holidays

Let things go. Theres the analogy of the guy that carries around hatred like a hot coal, just waiting to get revenge on everyone that he feels wronged him in life, and in the end he was the only one that got burned. So just let it go and move on.

Having something to look forward to always makes happiness easier to obtain. So set a goal, or plan a trip, anticipation is an amazing thing.

Regular good sex

Anyone else have anything to add that is positive

Time to bring in the holidays with proper holiday cheer
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fidel_CashFlow

The Kraken

Nothing more important than happiness

Even rich guys chasing happiness, druggies just trying to run from things in their head so they can temporarily be happy

This is the one thing we're all after

Dont neglect your own happiness, SBR

This thread may be the most important of the year if ot helps one person redirect their energies to chase happiness

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Gratitude and stay in the present..

BOL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

The Kraken

DI love your reminder of staying in the present.

Our natural instinct is to re-live past situations or plan for the future while neglecting the present. Some never love in the present and miss out on a life time of happiness.

Beautiful reminder, Funny

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

I was taught that if we have 1 foot in the past and 1 foot in the future we are pissing all over the present....yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present, that's why we call it the "gift"

BOL
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave funnyb25 9 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: IAG, and JAKEPEAVY21

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

You are so true. Friend of mine died 4 years ago. His kids after probate split 21 million. He was a regional vp of an insurance company for as long as I can remember. He spent the last years sick and miserable. He was on a heart transplant list for about 4 years. They finally put one in and he died of cancer 6 months later. His brother today blames it on obamacare. But then again he is pretty active in the republican party

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

KrackHead is a smart man.
    and it appears that he cares about others.

Maybe I was wrong about smart, never really heard of him.

Still, a thoughtful post by the KrakDealer.

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Amen on the good health

still battling the nerve damage from the broken jaw and setback after setback involving another surgery

which caused more scar tissue and detaching of the muscle on my face

which are now tight as hell and cant get to loosen up

Toughtest year of my life and like I said in another thread Ive been through plenty of shit

(prison,multiple surgically repaired bones,betrayal,had shit ton of money stolen from me)

and NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to this jaw problem .

A lot of it is the nerve damage though , that is the icing on the cake

Great thread Kraken, im praying , literally praying for a happy 2017

Happy Holidays to you and yours buddy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

kosso
    kosso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

i thought SBR posting forum is the only thing a man needs to be happy?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Bang hot chicks

The Kraken

Thx Pitt

Discontemptment affects us all to varying degrees. We're wired consumers, bombarded by media and advertisements even in our most private and intimate moments.

I have many thoughts on the idea of happiness or more specifically the pursuit of happiness. I have opinions on why some people succeed, why others fail, and why most won't even entertain the concept.

But thats for another thread, or at least later in this thread.

For now, I just want people to share what makes them happy. What they have learned in their journeys that could benefit the community. Mainly, I just want to try have a positive thread to balance my other shitfesr threqd that I wish sbr would lock.

Like a recipe, the result of our lifes is simply what we put in, so lets put in nothing but positivity.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Amen on the good health

still battling the nerve damage from the broken jaw and setback after setback involving another surgery

Toughtest year of my life and like I said in another thread Ive been through plenty of shit

(prison,multiple surgically repaired bones,betrayal,had shit ton of money stolen from me)

Man, Im sorry to hear that. I hope you have a better 2017. I'm empathetic to your problem as i've struggled with nerve pain for the last 6 years, so I hope you find ways to cope with it. To date, Bickram yoga has helped me the most, not because it's actually helping my pain or decreasing the nerve pain but it shifts what my mind focuses on. Even though I still have the nerve pain, I just feel better in general.

Good luck worh your journey sir

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Regular good sex..........way overrated and does not go on as much as you think

Where is your nerve pain?

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

observe,be a student of life. get a feel for what is right and wrong, be happy for others and encourage...

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Nothing is more important than good health without that you can't be happy. I'm going in for my 2nd lung surgery in 8 months Jan 3rd. In April I had two wedge resections on my right lung now having two on my left lung. Hopefully this will be the last of my lung metastasis from kidney cancer. I went 5 years without a recurrence but in 2016 I had recurrence in both lungs. Nothing sucks more than spending a few days in the intensive care unit. Anyway Merry Christmas to all

Later

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    Nothing is more important than good health without that you can't be happy. I'm going in for my 2nd lung surgery in 8 months Jan 3rd. In April I had two wedge resections on my right lung now having two on my left lung. Hopefully this will be the last of my lung metastasis from kidney cancer. I went 5 years without a recurrence but in 2016 I had recurrence in both lungs. Nothing sucks more than spending a few days in the intensive care unit. Anyway Merry Christmas to all

Later
    Good luck guy...lets finally end this battle and have a healthy life

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1851

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post

Later
    God bless, cap pig..merry xmas get well soon brother

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Damn, why do you gotta hit everything on point? This one hits home, especially.

"Let things go. Theres the analogy of the guy that carries around hatred like a hot coal, just waiting to get revenge on everyone that he feels wronged him in life, and in the end he was the only one that got burned. So just let it go and move on."

I've been keeping anger inside for a while now against everyone who has screwed me over. Telling myself that one day that I will get them all back. I should let it go, but not sure I can.

Definitely more things I need to work on, but that involves working on those things. I feel like some miracle is magically gonna happen, I guess, and all will be well. Mostly with health, though that's just not gonna happen without changes. Maybe one of these days I'll wake up.

Regardless, Merry Christmas Kraken. And everyone at SBR. Hope it's enjoyable, and not too stressful. Get well soon, capitalist pig.

Points Awarded:

Jayvegas420 gave Cuse0323 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

This thread read reminds me of this

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Keys to happiness:

1. picking winners
    2.betting winners

I never saw a jagoff here win 10 in a row and be angry/depressed

lightbulb.gif

IlluminatedOne
    What you think you become
    IlluminatedOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1738

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    Amen on the good health

Fidel dont know if you are aware of binaural beats and isochronic tones, they can work wonders for nerve damage. There are also healing crystals out there as well. BOL with your healing.

IlluminatedOne
    What you think you become
    IlluminatedOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1738

In my opinion true happiness comes from being out of your mind.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Man, Im sorry to hear that. I hope you have a better 2017. I'm empathetic to your problem as i've struggled with nerve pain for the last 6 years, so I hope you find ways to cope with it. To date, Bickram yoga has helped me the most, not because it's actually helping my pain or decreasing the nerve pain but it shifts what my mind focuses on. Even though I still have the nerve pain, I just feel better in general.

Good luck worh your journey sir
    Isnt this the guy who has been accused of sexually assaulting women who attend his "seminars"

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what the fuk was all that typing of a bunch of bullshit on this topic.....

let me sum it up using the medium that is said to "tell a thousand words", courtesy of the missus:

Points Awarded:

triplecrown333 gave Auto Donk 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Minding your own business

Not being a wanna be tough keyboard warrior troll douche

I mean I was already accomplishing that but some kids need to be reminded of said keys to happiness, don't they
    Last edited by stevek173; 12-23-16 at 11:04 AM.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    what the fuk was all that typing of a bunch of bullshit on this topic.....

let me sum it up using the medium that is said to "tell a thousand words", courtesy of the missus:

Whoah, nice rack!

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Krak ever hear of central nervous disorder? That is my reward from surviving my stroke. Pain everywhere. But I do enjoy this site.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Giving back to others

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I disagree with the whole "letting things go" premise. I remember every motherfukker that ever fukks me over in some way, and vow to get even with the cokksucker one day. More often than not, the time comes when I get the opportunity to fukk over the motherfukker that wronged me...and boy is that an awesome feeling!!

Had a guy just this week fukk me over on what he charged me for some excavation work on a lake I'm digging. I actually like the guy and all, but I'm not a fukkin idiot. I know he charged me too much. But I went ahead and paid him, and I told my wife I guaran-fukkin-tee I'm gonna get that cokksukker back one day. And I will. The anticipation is what makes it so exciting! You just never know when thos opportunity will arise. But it will arise! And when it does, that motherfukker is gonna get his!! FUKK YEAH!!

Merry Christmas brethren!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

[QUOTE=capitalist pig;26645468]Nothing is more important than good health without that you can't be happy. I'm going in for my 2nd lung surgery in 8 months Jan 3rd. In April I had two wedge resections on my right lung now having two on my left lung. Hopefully this will be the last of my lung metastasis from kidney cancer. I went 5 years without a recurrence but in 2016 I had recurrence in both lungs. Nothing sucks more than spending a few days in the intensive care unit. Anyway Merry Christmas to all

Wow , wish you nothing but the best
    I went through kidney cancer in 2010 myself , never had heard of it til you hear it from a Dr.
    Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New year bud
    May your health go well for you

IAG
    No good deed goes unpunished
    IAG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Giving back to others
    Too easy Arch, but nice unintended set up for me. In the spirit of the season and thread however I am passing.

Great thread Kraken.

I recently read that there are three things that a person needs to be happy.

1. Something to do

2. Someone to love

3. Something to look forward to

There are a few things that I would add to that list. Namely health as you mentioned, but I think it's pretty on point otherwise.
    Points Awarded:

jackbo gave IAG 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

good thread and some great posts in here

good to see you posting around here, IAG

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

...Anyone that has ever suffered ill health, they can vouch that good health should top everyones list of wants this year for the holidays...
    So true.

...This thread may be the most important of the year if ot helps one person redirect their energies to chase happiness
    For you, Kraken, there is only one thread that is the most important of the year.

Merry Christmas SBR.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Hot showers and a big Jacuzzi tub.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Just hit a 12-teamer. Call it a year.

12 Last