Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

Rudy Tomjanovich Should Be In The Hall Of Fame

I'm watching the Rockets honoring him tonight, and they showed the retired numbers in the rafters. All of the retired numbers have "Hall Of Fame" underneath them except for Rudy T.

He was a 5 time all star as a player, won 2 NBA championships as a head coach, and won a gold medal as the coach of Team USA. He even led another USA team to a bronze medal with no NBA players participating. He was also a fixture in one of the most violent fights in NBA history when Kermit Washington almost killed him. The man has waited long enough. Put him in!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

FINALLY!!!!

Former NBA stars Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett will be inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (via Twitter).

Bryant, Duncan, and Garnett may be this year’s headliners, but they aren’t the only ones being inducted into the Hall of Fame. According to Mark Berman of FOX 26 Houston (Twitter link), former Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich has also been elected.

Tomjanovich is one of just three coaches to win both an NBA championship and an Olympic gold medal. He coached Houston to a pair of championships in the mid-1990s and had an impressive career as a Rockets player prior to his coaching days, earning five NBA All-Star nods in his 11-year career.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

RUDY!!!! Could be worthy of the SBR hall of fame ...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

In all seriousness Rudy T was solid.. BIG HEART.. Damn shame he died of cancer.. Broke my heart seeing that dude die off like he did..

HOF is deserving.. GOOD GUY!!!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    In all seriousness Rudy T was solid.. BIG HEART.. Damn shame he died of cancer.. Broke my heart seeing that dude die off like he did..

????? He's still alive.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1117

Well deserved..
    Team player when basketball was still a team sport..

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

WTF? Guy just did a charity event I watched

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

My bad multi-tasking and drinking.. Brain fart!! Just call me Joe Biden ..

Got confused for a second, thought we were talking Jimmy V...

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1004

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    FINALLY!!!!

Former NBA stars Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and Kevin Garnett will be inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (via Twitter).

Bryant, Duncan, and Garnett may be this year’s headliners, but they aren’t the only ones being inducted into the Hall of Fame. According to Mark Berman of FOX 26 Houston (Twitter link), former Rockets head coach Rudy Tomjanovich has also been elected.

Tomjanovich is one of just three coaches to win both an NBA championship and an Olympic gold medal. He coached Houston to a pair of championships in the mid-1990s and had an impressive career as a Rockets player prior to his coaching days, earning five NBA All-Star nods in his 11-year career.
    Well deserved. Was a very good college player too and the #2 pick in the NBA draft. Respectable numbers in the league long before people stopped playing defense.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I'm watching the Rockets honoring him tonight, and they showed the retired numbers in the rafters. All of the retired numbers have "Hall Of Fame" underneath them except for Rudy T.

He was a 5 time all star as a player, won 2 NBA championships as a head coach, and won a gold medal as the coach of Team USA. He even led another USA team to a bronze medal with no NBA players participating. He was also a fixture in one of the most violent fights in NBA history when Kermit Washington almost killed him. The man has waited long enough. Put him in!
    Very Well deserved. He is as classy a guy as they come and I'll always remember his 93-94, 94-95 Rockets amazing run and capturing back to back NBA titles.

spippen

Now let's see some authentic hardwood classic Rudy Tomjanovich jerseys from Mitchell and Ness.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Good for him. Lord knows he’s not going to make it into the boxing hall of fame.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Very good friend and fraternity brother settled down in Houston. D1 baseball, excellant golfer and a gambler to boot.
    Another friend of ours at the time was Rudy`s #1 assistent. So Rudy and Jim (Yup you Bulls guys, that Jim Boylan) used to golf regularly with
    my buddy.

Rudy ALWAYS chose Derek as his partner as he was the best golfer. Rudy also had a hollow leg and put em away like a madman.

He was also a late night workaholic putting in 16 hour days and expecting the same from his staff.

Definitely hall worthy. Good for him.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

He was very solid, which is why he doesn't belong in the Hall; nowhere near one of the greats.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Rudy is alive. The Basketball HOF is different as it considers the entire resume of high school, college, pro, and olympics. His coaching success probably got him over the top.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

If Jordan didn’t retire, he would not be in.

spippen

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    If Jordan didn’t retire, he would not be in.
    Thats possible yes. That would've been a great series to watch. Bulls got robbed on that ghost foul on Pippen. Would've been a nice series even without MJ. Rockets were just too good. Everyone bought in.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10250

Glass jaw.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

If Starks makes that 3......