BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What do you expect from a State that elected Jesse 'the Body" Ventura it's governor a while back? We all knew that dumb college kids (the vast majority of them being black) would do something stupid just before a game or have something rise out of the ashes. These kids and their parents had better realize that few, if any people, really give a rats arse about them. If you cannot wager on them, one way or another, no one gives a crap about them. They are just a bunch of worthless people who can play a game.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

I've come to like poster big daddy. Always so passionate, angry, and fired up in EVERY post

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Are we gonna get a ruling on this?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Are we gonna get a ruling on this?
    Rules in the main contest have been updated.

In the event that a bowl game is not played due to protest or cancelled due to natural disaster, or there is a match-up change in the scheduled bowl from the below lines, pick will be scored for 0 units on both sides. In the event the time or venue changes but match-up remains the same for any of the posted lines, all picks have action.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19177

i totally agree with the due process part - I say finish the season and be fair to everybody. Then - run em - run em all - start over with players you trust. This is as much a punishment to the coaches and fans and innocent players who did everything right. With the boycott - what's to stop the U president from suspending all football operations indefinitely and clean it out to the bone? Minnesota's president and Board of Regents has never been willing to support the athletic program to the max to the level that Nebraska,Ohio State, Florida State et,al. do. The sun would not come up tomorrow if the Nebraska president did this and he would be terminated in short order!

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I've come to like poster big daddy. Always so passionate, angry, and fired up in EVERY post
    i agree 100% .... and he is very knowledgeable

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

said it before but these big state universities have huge problems with the way they handle things like this and other non-criminal incidents.

seems like the police investigated this and didn't think it was criminal - or maybe provable as such....... but what is the university then doing? suggesting that filming a gang-bang in an athletic residence is improper. if so - and it may be against some interpretation of stated rules - i don't think the women should be cheerleading at minnesota games either.

Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

There goes my *** pick for Minnesota...

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Minnesota is history

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

What these players did may not be criminal but it certainly wasn't appropriate behavior. I think the school has every right to suspend them. I'm sure alcohol was involved, but why be involved in a gang bang when your a college football player? It seems to me they should be able to get girls without to much of an issue. The idea of sharing the same women with 5 of my friends make me sick. These guys, white or black are immature thugs. The girl doesn't seem innocent but even so that doesn't make what they did okay.

astrodomer
    Houston Oilers
    astrodomer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Just reported by Minneapolis Star-Tribune that boycott is over and Gophers will play. Solidarity with your brothers is great, but I don't think I'd want to die on the hill of rape apologism.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    What do you expect from a State that elected Jesse 'the Body" Ventura it's governor a while back? We all knew that dumb college kids (the vast majority of them being black) would do something stupid just before a game or have something rise out of the ashes. These kids and their parents had better realize that few, if any people, really give a rats arse about them. If you cannot wager on them, one way or another, no one gives a crap about them. They are just a bunch of worthless people who can play a game.
    After the last national election, I don't think we can look down our noses at Minnesota for Ventura. We're all now equally culpable in the Batshit Crazy Era.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

so universities are going to start kicking kids out for sex now despite the criminal justice system finding nothing wrong? Intersting can of worms

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    so universities are going to start kicking kids out for sex now despite the criminal justice system finding nothing wrong? Intersting can of worms
    Now? This isn't all that new. Remember Brandon Davies at BYU? BYU suspended him during their best hoops season ever (Jimmer's senior year) simply for having premarital sex because it violated the honor code. Yale hoops captain booted last year even though not criminally liable. Schools can and often do have rules more stringent than then law in order to attend school and/or participate in athletics. Not saying Gophers players should/should not be suspended here because I don't know the facts, but I will defer to the judgment of the administrators who certainly know more about the situation than I do. Agree it's something of a can of worms, but it's the can of worms that the players chose when they chose their respective school. Certainly, there are schools out there where you can get away with most anything, too.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

BYU is a little different because of their religious beliefs, but I do agree schools can do what they want...such as drug policies in states where weed is legal..but where is the line with consenting sexual activity? Missionary? Gang bang? alabama hot pocket? It's an intersting story. Would have liked to see them carry through with the boycott just to see what happens

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

Prolly best if ur a student athelete to just super glue ur dick to ur thigh...can't trust anyone

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    BYU is a little different because of their religious beliefs, but I do agree schools can do what they want...such as drug policies in states where weed is legal..but where is the line with consenting sexual activity? Missionary? Gang bang? alabama hot pocket? It's an intersting story. Would have liked to see them carry through with the boycott just to see what happens
    Alabama hot pocket

Schools are like any other business - this story and circulating video is going to hurt Minnesota's brand. So, they draw they line where they think it hurts them monetarily. That's where they react, and they may well then reverse-engineer their reasoning to figure out which policy was violated (outcome-determinative reasoning at its finest; again, not judging the Minnesota situation as I don't know the facts and rules alleged to be violated). The only thing new about this is that such stories (and video evidence) can spread worldwide in seconds now (so, the stakes simply are higher because the potential exposure much greater). Everything else is as old as money and time and covering one's ass in general itself. If this story is going to cause parents to send their daughters to, say, Indiana or Wisconsin or Marquette instead of Minnesota, the brand suffers monetary harm and the stewards of the brand (present administrators) can't allow that or they'll lose their jobs. Someone has to be the scapegoat if the brand is harmed, so the administrators put in on the kids rather than risk brushing it aside and having it ultimately be them (i.e., cover-up often treated worse than actual act). When these kids did what they allegedly did, they without thinking put themselves contra the brand. Good luck with that in any business.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

looks to me like the first 1, 2 or 3 fukks were consensual

the next 4-10 fukks probably weren't

I give 0 fukks

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Anybody got a pic of the girl?

The basketball team did this last year

they be fukkin Minnesota

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Minnesota players backed off as expected. Obviously they watched too much election coverage. Minnesota will play in the Holiday Bowl. They will keep it close for the first half. Then Wazzu pounds them. If you can get Wazzu under 10 points, grab it.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Gophers played every team on their schedule tough. They'll either not be interested and get boat raced or use this as a rallying cry and play tough. You know they've been missing practices. I doubt Washington State has been getting good practices in either. They've been distracted by this and nobody in the state gives a fukk about them with the huskies in the playoffs. I actually lean gophers +10 at the moment. I liked them before this suspension mess

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

It was a Title IX investigation by the school, which they had to do to comply with federal DOE standards. FSU had to do one with Winston as well. Only difference is FSU was about to play for a championship and wasn't about to suspend their QB.

First 12