The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Unemployment Could Hit 95% Thanks to AI

Possibilities are endless with AI

No sector will be unaffected

The scary part is people in the know, folks at NVIDIA say that it won't take much for AI to become self-sufficient and not require any human interaction to maintain itself and advance it's own usefulness

Listen closely

Buy Land, preferably with 50-100' of waterfront access on a river
    Dig a Well
    Learn to farm
    Research sustainability

Its your only chance

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

As long as you have your assortment of dresses, wigs, makeup, nail polish, and your dikk sucking skills, you don't need to worry about the unemployment rates, Kraken.

Points Awarded:

snapperman2 gave The Giant 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

DwightShrute gave The Giant 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    As long as you have your assortment of dresses, wigs, makeup, nail polish, and your dikk sucking skills, you don't need to worry about the unemployment rates, Kraken.

I strongly suggest you learn to suck dikk yourself, because your skills aren't gonna cut it in a post AI world

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

You are scaring me kraken

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Obama's Fault

The Kraken

Its gonna happen, just think about it

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Obama's Fault
    Obama, Bush, Trump....

None of that will matter some day

we'll all be in the struggle together just to eat and feed our kids

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Those people won't keep looking for work, and therefore, won't count as unemployed. We will remain at 5% unemployment.

Sam Odom

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Those people won't keep looking for work, and therefore, won't count as unemployed. We will remain at 5% unemployment.
    Its only funny today

When it happens though, the joke will be less funny

Sadly, its inevitable

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7236

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Its only funny today

When it happens though, the joke will be less funny

Sadly, its inevitable
    Or, alternatively, the machines will take over everything, there will be plenty, so no one will need anything, and humans can focus on creative things like sports gambling.

The Kraken

Its already happening, grocery stores will soon only need one person running them. Everything else will be automated, trucks that deliver goods will be driverless, they will unload goods on a dock that are distributed to the shelves by AI robots.

We think its cool that there is no longer a check out line but millions will be without work.

It will hit the lowest educated the hardest, so i wouldn't be laughing if I were you Frosty

Sam Odom

Resistance is Futile

The Kraken

Only to the weak

Republicans tend to be weak-willed individuals. Thats why they need a strong leader, just sheep

To those that voted Trump, he is just as much a Daddy figure to them as he is a leader

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Its already happening, grocery stores will soon only need one person running them. Everything else will be automated, trucks that deliver goods will be driverless, they will unload goods on a dock that are distributed to the shelves by AI robots.

We think its cool that there is no longer a check out line but millions will be without work.

It will hit the lowest educated the hardest, so i wouldn't be laughing if I were you Frosty
    I wish they had more checkout lines. Fck those machines at the store. Takes forever. But, you're right. More, and more jobs will disappear. I don't think to the exteme you're suggesting, but possibly some day. Luckily, I'll be long dead.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I wish they had more checkout lines. Fck those machines at the store. Takes forever. But, you're right. More, and more jobs will disappear. I don't think to the exteme you're suggesting, but possibly some day. Luckily, I'll be long dead.
    Yep. Cashiers are just the tip of the iceberg.

Again, sadly, its going to disproportinately affect lower income jobs first.

Education and skills are more important now than ever but at some point, we're all going to be consumed by the AI monster

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Utopia!

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Only to the weak

Republicans tend to be weak-willed individuals. Thats why they need a strong leader, just sheep

To those that voted Trump, he is just as much a Daddy figure to them as he is a leader
    Isn't that the truth. That is why they love Reagan. Bunch of draft dodgers pounding their chest like they are now tough and u throw in Fox News scaring the living daylights out of these nitwits daily, sure enuf u get a guy that is a daddy figure to them running the country. I think pretty much Trump will eventually figure out what despicable people Mcconnel and Ryan are and eventually throw them under the bus. It will take some time but eventually these two scumbags will be caught on tape undermining Trump which will make Trump livid and get rid of these cancers.

The Kraken

To be correct, Detroit auto workers were victims to automation first. Now cashiers.

Wonder whose next

Theoretically, I could envision a medical clinic without a doctor or nurse, just a machine to measure your vitals and a fingerstick prick to get just enough blood to run a bunch of labs, an algorithm asks you qurstionsand Id be willing to bet, the computer could be programmed where it has a correct diagnosis rate of >90%, amd treatment choice would be 100% because there would be no errors, or they would be extrememly rare.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Utopia!
    Man, I agree. We're set up and ready to go. I talked to Sourtwist about this years ago.

We'd be fine but most wouldn't.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Isn't that the truth. That is why they love Reagan. Bunch of draft dodgers pounding their chest like they are now tough and u throw in Fox News scaring the living daylights out of these nitwits daily, sure enuf u get a guy that is a daddy figure to them running the country. I think pretty much Trump will eventually figure out what despicable people Mcconnel and Ryan are and eventually throw them under the bus. It will take some time but eventually these two scumbags will be caught on tape undermining Trump which will make Trump livid and get rid of these cancers.

yep

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

That scenario is pretty counterproductive. You know what grocey stores are dependent on? Consumers. You know what people without jobs can't do? Consume. It will balance out after a while.

Sam Odom

Wonder whose next

Sports forum posters

'We' will all be bots

Sam Odom

Krak... keep the faith

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    That scenario is pretty counterproductive. You know what grocey stores are dependent on? Consumers. You know what people without jobs can't do? Consume. It will balance out after a while.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post

ok

Be sure to call the grocery stores and tell them to scrap the kiosks, that they forgot to factor in the other side of the equation

I do agree with you in theory, the problem is greed. Entire sectors will disregard the human worker in favor of profits and by then irreparable damage will be done

In fact, its already happening. Its not hard to see, just look around. Look at how many Americans are already out of the work force, something like 100,000,000

Cuse0323

Hopefully, when this all goes down I'm clean. I can live off the land, but I need my booze, and pills. I could learn to make moonshine, I guess. Time to get started on that.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Better turn that light off now before you cant afford to pay the bill

The Kraken

Hopefully, when this all goes down I'm clean. I can live off the land, but I need my booze, and pills. I could learn to make moonshine, I guess. Time to get started on that.
    me and you both

I have access to large amounts of both. I should probably start hoarding and quit using

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Shit man if you can make prison wine, you're all good.

Sam Odom

Krak... buy silver coins

US dimes and quarters

Sammy has bags

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Possibilities are endless with AI

No sector will be unaffected

The scary part is people in the know, folks at NVIDIA say that it won't take much for AI to become self-sufficient and not require any human interaction to maintain itself and advance it's own usefulness

Listen closely

Buy Land, preferably with 50-100' of waterfront access on a river
    Dig a Well
    Learn to farm
    Research sustainability

Its your only chance
    If you're really concerned about this you'd want an immediate end to immigration.

Importing mass unskilled workers doesn't sound like a great idea when they'll have nothing to do in the future.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Shit man if you can make prison wine, you're all good.
    Eh, I know how. Not high enough ABV to get rid of the shakes quick enough. I'll be seizing in the cabin.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Better turn that light off now before you cant afford to pay the bill

123 Last