seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    If Hurts had these kind of results playing for virtually any other team, he'd be all you hear about in college sports media. But he plays for bama so it looks like business as usual.
    Why is that? Bama has had 2 heisman winners the last 6 years, Julio Jones, defensive players galore drafted, yet the kid who drives the bus gets no love.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Colt McCoy was most impressive freshman QB I can recall considering he came from Tuscola, Texas with a population of maybe 500 people. He played Class 2A football which is the level of a 1,000 population.

Herschel Walker was the most dominant freshman. Georgia went undefeated with him running over everyone in sight. He was a monster but actually not a very big guy.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seaborn come on now? Same with Lamar once he started talking. It's a good thing he hasn't been in the spotlight or else Bama may have had some trouble taking everyone's money this year. He is doing a great job there and I'm happy for Bama supporters but what is that? You guys love ripping Cam for some stupid postgame outfits but he doesn't have a fraggle rock going on.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Holieway is the only true freshman to win a national championship and none have gone undefeated while playing in every game. A couple that went undefeated after taking over during their freshman years were Holieway and Dan Marino.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Why is that? Bama has had 2 heisman winners the last 6 years, Julio Jones, defensive players galore drafted, yet the kid who drives the bus gets no love.
    Well ask yourself this: would Jalen have done all the things you cited if he played for any team other than bama?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well I guess that is a little harsh the guy still looks better than I but you know what I mean the media is not picking him up and he is overshadowed by Alabama. I don't think people know who AJ is without the girlfriend. Bama has never had a premium at that position but you gotta give Hurts credit, dude did still help them run the table.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    Well ask yourself this: would Jalen have done all the things you cited if he played for any team other than bama?
    He probably would not be undefeated or playing for a championship if he played for any other team. Georgia has a freshman quarterback too but they lost five games.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No worries. Washington shall take care of it.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    No they won't, Bama will physically manhandle them. The only team with a chance to beat Alabama is Ohio State because they are the only Playoff team that has both a mobile QB and a physical defense. Clemson has the QB but their defense is shit.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Everyone with a pulse is just hoping it's not over at halftime. Washington was manhandled by USC. I don't have to tell you what happened to USC when they had optimism, fresh bodies, a new coach, and tradition galore ran up against Hurts and the bama defense do I. Worse loss in school history. Just a thought

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Holieway is the only true freshman to win a national championship and none have gone undefeated while playing in every game. A couple that went undefeated after taking over during their freshman years were Holieway and Dan Marino.
    Holieway didn't start that 85 season though. He took over about 4 games in or so when miami broke Aikman's leg

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Holieway didn't start that 85 season though. He took over about 4 games in or so when miami broke Aikman's leg
    Never forget Jamelle on the sideline with a thousand dollar mink coat and $1k worth of jewelry on the sidelines. kids used to boldly flaunt the money they were paid back then.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10260

you looking to far into the game , relax man

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

In 79 pitt lost the second game of year (at unc) so when exactly did marino begin starting for pitt ?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    In 79 pitt lost the second game of year (at unc) so when exactly did marino begin starting for pitt ?
    Around mid-season? Not sure which game exactly, just know that Pitt won out that year after he took over.

First 12