will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

If OJ Simpson Had CTE, Would you Look at Him Differently?

We hear all of these stories of people doing things that they normally wouldn't do like Chris Benoit and Dave Duerson, and even Junior Seau who was a role model to so many. There's no denying that O.J. took a ton of hits and this is when there weren't rules like there are now.

If he was found, after death, to have a major case of CTE, would anyone look at him differently? He always was someone that kids looked up to until he met his wife. Maybe the brain damage took over? I don't know?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I think this was just a case of being pissed that someone else is banging your wife. Head trauma has nothing to do with that.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5221

No.

Phuck a bunch of O.J.

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow......................

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I'd bet he does have it, no doubt in my mind.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Would be surprised if he didn't.

The docu espn paid for is really great. I learned a lot of things that I didn't know.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Will do you have CTE?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

he's a black man that killed a beautiful blonde white woman in america. he could have been possessed by a thousand devils that forced him to do it, and he would still be america's most hated. u have roman polanski and woody allen molesting children and still showing up at the oscars. Beretta killed his wife, got away with it, and there was zero outrage. George Zimmerman killing a teenager walking home. Casey Anthony killing 2 year old babies. Yet OJ hate runs deep....

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

problem was not CTE

it was OPP

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No

He is a killer

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oj has cte for sure he took a beating in buffalo

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

He was jealous his wife was cheating on him. Head trauma from 20 years prior has nothing to do with what he did.

The guy is a killer and he's lucky he's not on death row.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    he's a black man that killed a beautiful blonde white woman in america. he could have been possessed by a thousand devils that forced him to do it, and he would still be america's most hated. u have roman polanski and woody allen molesting children and still showing up at the oscars. Beretta killed his wife, got away with it, and there was zero outrage. George Zimmerman killing a teenager walking home. Casey Anthony killing 2 year old babies. Yet OJ hate runs deep....
    The thug that Zimmerman shot was beating the shit out of him. He was clearly justified in taking a thug off the street in self defense.

Anthony should have gotten the death penalty.

Hell, Snoop Dogg should be in jail this entire time for the murder he did.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19261

Well, impaired judgment, impulse control problems, aggression, depression, anxiety, suicidality, - he is the poster child for being a liar - maybe, the best liar of all time. He did have that second thing about the memorabilia.

But, if he did have cte he would have hung himself in prison by now. But, I think you guys hit it when you said acute jealousy triggered his anger. He has nothing to be jealous about now - anything and everything is gone - nothing further to ever be jealous about so no need to get angry?

But, official diagnosis of cte - I would feel differently as there is no way he could be rehabilitated and would be a permanent risk to society.
    Last edited by BuckyOne; 11-23-16 at 04:19 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

This CTE stuff is bullshit, just like global warming

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I have to admit, good points. I would rather OJ have a vicious case of CTE. It wouldn't take away from what he did, but there could be a tad of justification for his behavior.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    This CTE stuff is bullshit, just like global warming

You're wrong there. Junior Seau was a stand up guy that was a leader and took care of others. He had 0 reason to shoot himself. They thought that he didn't have concussions until after he died and they found a serious case of CTE. I will take it a step further. Frank Gifford also had CTE. He did cheat on his wife, but I don't know how the CTE comes into play with the brain. Maybe it makes good people do bad things. Dave Duerson was supposed to be such a great guy and boom...he shoots himself...of course...CTE of the brain. There's a common theme here. EVERYONE loved Chris Benoit in the wrestling world and still do, but because he was a daredevil, he took massive shots to the brain. He had CTE really bad. I have no doubt that it affected his mind into doing something that he normally wouldn't do. Why couldn't this happen to OJ Simpson. Like I said, they played tough and dirty in the 70's and at running back, he took a ton of hits. I'm sure this damaged his brain. I don't think that he'll authorize a CTE check after he dies because that's admitting guilt, but I hope his kids get the okay because I would love to see if there was a lot of trauma there. Also, if anyone saw ESPN 30 for 30 1985 Bears, Jim McMahon has early dementia and do you see the tests that he goes through to alleviate the pressure? It was amazing. I remember when McMahon was thrown to the ground for no reason. We're learning that if you're going to play football, you're going to suffer the consequences....maybe even OJ Simpson (which nobody will give him credit for thinking out of his mind due to head injury)

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Will, I don't know that anyone would look the other way on this one. While these finding have opened the door for excuses for those who have this, what about all the others who have the same thing that live normal lives and this is just the NFL. What about the possibility of thousands or millions who have fallen or been hurt at work across the globe that have head injuries that also live normal lives? At some point it's about accountability and it just seems like this whole CTE thing is just giving some of these NFL players families an out for the things they have done. Not that I am trying to be mean but these players aren't the only people on this earth that suffer from this and it seems the witch hunt against the NFL has only tried to justify suicides and other behavior to make the league look bad. Honestly, all players should be aware of the implications of playing a game where hits happen on a daily basis. Anyone who didn't think that get a full on hit to the head or numerous concussions wouldn't affect their lives afterwards is an idiot. There is a reason these guys get paid 400 times what a normal person would make. I guess it just baffles me when NFL players bitch and sue over this when anyone with half a brain knows a full on contact sport probably isn't going to leave you well off physically the rest of your life.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

are you talking about the guy that KILLED two people for sure .. and or maybe more

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    The thug that Zimmerman shot was beating the shit out of him. He was clearly justified in taking a thug off the street in self defense.

Anthony should have gotten the death penalty.

Hell, Snoop Dogg should be in jail this entire time for the murder he did.
    he was a 17 year old being stalked by a weirdo wanna be cop. thug? based on what u idiot. he was beating the shit out of zimmerman who was a pussie and couldn't take a beatdown in a fight he initiated.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Countless players have had CTE, it doesn't give them a right to kill.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Countless players have had CTE, it doesn't give them a right to kill.
    It doesn't but maybe their brain is scrambled to the point of doing things that are irrational or unacceptable. My uncle was a superstar football player but once he got several concussions, he became reckless and angry; not the same guy that we knew.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

He beat her repeatedly for years, then carved her up with a kitchen knife because she did not like to get beat.

stupid question - if I met him in person I would get the fuk away from him as soon as I can. People who kill should be shot like a dog - no reason to question why

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    It doesn't but maybe their brain is scrambled to the point of doing things that are irrational or unacceptable. My uncle was a superstar football player but once he got several concussions, he became reckless and angry; not the same guy that we knew.
    So what? Your uncle did not carve up two people in the prime of their life. Your story is pointless.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Yeah, fukk you and your uncle, Will.

Get back to writing love letters to OJ in prison.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

wow ... you really are into that hood Kool-Aid

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Yeah, fukk you and your uncle, Will.

Get back to writing love letters to OJ in prison.
    LOL- I always attempt to see the positive in people and if CTE portrays OJ in a different light, it would make a lot of people feel better, maybe including his kids.

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

He murdered them 20 years ago - he's shown no signs of mental impairment. CTE doesn't go away, it progresses.