Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Any Insight On Oregon State/Arizona Game?

The line has dropped big time all week long. I've got State rated as a better team than the Wildcats. Line is down to -3. What up.....?

Biff41
    Biff41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4769

Arizona didn't look to good when I saw them. Wouldn't be surprised if Beavers win by a TD.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

For the life of me can't figure why anyone would trust Arizona in this spot.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Oregon State, pound 'em.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

I don't follow either team but I looked at the game cause of the significant line drop. Those things always catch my eye. I'm pretty sure it's due to public perception of the Oregon St. injuries. Their QB is out or questionable for this game. RB has a bad foot. One of their top receivers is in the hospital with something and out. A couple other injuries I read about but can't remember all of them. I think another one was a linebacker that was leading the team in tackles or something. They seem really banged up for this game. Looks like a good game to stay away from. We know who the books are rooting for cause of the line movement but that's a lot of injuries to overcome.

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Arizona is horrible

Oregon state is bad but at home

Oregon state

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

my sense is arizona just doesn't have the talent (size?) to compete...........

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    I don't follow either team but I looked at the game cause of the significant line drop. Those things always catch my eye. I'm pretty sure it's due to public perception of the Oregon St. injuries. Their QB is out or questionable for this game. RB has a bad foot. One of their top receivers is in the hospital with something and out. A couple other injuries I read about but can't remember all of them. I think another one was a linebacker that was leading the team in tackles or something. They seem really banged up for this game. Looks like a good game to stay away from. We know who the books are rooting for cause of the line movement but that's a lot of injuries to overcome.
    Excellent recap. Thanks!

We saw something similar with line movement in the Maryland/Nebraska game. Tommy Armstrong was out so the line went from 14 1/2 to 13. That made me believe Maryland could make a game of it so I took them. They were just an awful team and Nebraska's backup QB did a good job.

Projecting that same scenario here, Arizona is just a horrible team. Oregon State should do all right against them without their injured players. Arizona is pretty banged up themselves.

thellama
    thellama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3073

Their receiver Seth Collins actually got meningitis and almost died. He is now stable. Another Oregon St student with meningitis now as well. Scary stuff.

Oregon St has lost 26 starters this year to injury. That being said, I think they still win.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

this on of the few games I did not to touch. would have gone with oregon st

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Looks to me that Arizona has given up. I don't see them putting in much effort on the road here.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

OSU is running at will against this AZ defense. Should make for a good 2nd half line.

HeeluvaGuy
    HeeluvaGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3926

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Looks to me that Arizona has given up. I don't see them putting in much effort on the road here.
    Arizona gave up in September.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by HeeluvaGuy View Post
    Arizona gave up in September.
    Yes.

Dear Coach RichRod,

Please continue to play QB Solomon. I will be happy to drive to Tucson and will buy you the best steak dinner in town if you do.

Signed,

QuantumLeap

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    OSU is running at will against this AZ defense. Should make for a good 2nd half line.
    One of these days my balls will drop and I'll put a dime or two on a clear 2nd half winner after seeing how they dominated in the 1st half.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22623

Harry my friend wish I would have seen this earlier. Both Arizona schools suck. Asu covered. They play next week could quite possibly worst matchup of the year. 6-3 or 77-74. Terrible football. But I'll watch.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I'm embarrassed for Arizona. Both teams suck so bad. UofA used to have a good program. Anyone else remember Desert Swarm?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Thanks to everyone in this thread who helped me realize the line movement was because of OSU's injuries and not because of smart money and that the injuries wouldn't make a difference anyway.