RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

iwins post is downright ludicrous

just think of the worst high school team...they probably are in a huge county with nothing but farmland or desert...no probably Alaska. like 18 kids total. most playing off/def/special teams

then 13-15 in a huge city or that town in AL ppl move to for kids to play football..hoover??

yea ill take 13-15 yr olds to win

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Anyone saying bama could stay within 50 points is retarded.

This is like saying
    "Take the top JFL team in the nation (ages 13-15) vs the worst high school foot ball team (ages 16-18).

Would be a blood bath

this post reminds me of my high school alma Mater, Annapolis High School...we've always had the best basketball teams in Anne Arundel county for years...we would constantly win Maryland 4A state championships or at least be in contention year in and year out...I remember back in 1997 we played against nationally ranked Dematha (a famous and popular local Catholic high school team in the DC/Baltimore area that is a perennial powerhouse in both football and basketball)...I kept telling all of my friends that Dematha would destroy us...it would be like a high school team taking on a college team or a college team taking on a pro team...Final score: Dematha beats Annapolis 105 - 50!...the worst loss ever in school history!

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ematha-wootten

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24743

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Rudy pal, doesn't disagree with you often but 95% of SBR is right this time. This would be like Alabama playing Incarnate Word or Valdosta State. Incarnate and Valdosta have some guys with FCS talent, but every guy on Alabama is an FCS talent who probably takes football a lot more seriously than Incarnate does. Alabamas line would maul Valdosta line. The quarterbacks and skill guys would get hurt. It would be a blood bath.

The speed & complexity of the game is that much greater in pros than college. I'd go as far to say the 52 best players in college wouldn't beat the Browns. They wouldn't get blown off the field, but if they play 16 times theyd probably lose all 16. This isn't poker where an amateur can beat a pro. This is men against boys
    The best 52 players in college couldn't beat the Brownies? If I'm not mistaken, Cleveland's players put their pants on one leg at a time too... They don't just call up some magic mantra like Prince Adams and don their helmets and pads via a bolt of lightning and then storm the field and mow down anything in their path. You guys and your "but they're pro's" fanboy exuberance. Gtfo

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I'm a HUGH eddy mummy...but I'm here to tell you that anyone who thinks ANY college team could compete with ANY pro team is a complete fukkin retard.

A better bet would be if Bama would ever make it across the 50.

Seriously guys. Don't be such dumbfukks.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    The best 52 players in college couldn't beat the Brownies? If I'm not mistaken, Cleveland's players put their pants on one leg at a time too... They don't just call up some magic mantra like Prince Adams and don their helmets and pads via a bolt of lightning and then storm the field and mow down anything in their path. You guys and your "but they're pro's" fanboy exuberance. Gtfo
    once they leave school, those 4 months are a game changer and now they are real men

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

We had this convo a few years ago, Bama wouldnt come close to an NFL team.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    once they leave school, those 4 months are a game changer and now they are real men

Playbooks are 25% of what an NFL playbook is and that is being generous. This, along with other factors, makes this is a ridiculous debate. I feel ridiculous even having to post this link:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-NFL...llege-playbook

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32787

Eddy, I was talking about how many Alabama players would be starters next season, oh sure few would be taxi squaders, others third at their position on the depth charts.....

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by xKMACKx View Post
    Playbooks are 25% of what an NFL playbook is and that is being generous. This, along with other factors, makes this is a ridiculous debate. I feel ridiculous even having to post this link:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-NFL...llege-playbook
    sweet bro, a link from quora.

im sure you have real info there

xKMACKx

sweet bro, a link from quora.

im sure you have real info there
    If you want a couple active NFL players I played with in high school to message you I would be happy to. Do you have a twitter?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

If you want a couple active NFL players I played with in high school to message you I would be happy to.

That would actually be kinda cool. Get em signed up on SBR!

RudyRuetigger

If you want a couple active NFL players I played with in high school to message you I would be happy to. Do you have a twitter?
    why do I need to talk to them?

I don't need to match up teams, study thickness of playbooks, men vs boys

I did a quick google search. Found people much smarter on this, including 1 that put all the info in and ran 50k simulations. Only people I see saying nfl names the score are normal fukks with absolute no actual knowledge or basis

stevenash

Has anyone mentioned Alabama would have to adjust to the NFL rules, like clock doesn't stop on first downs for instance.
    If a bookmaker woould give me -17 up to -21 I'd hammer Cleveland for two dimes.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16938

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    I'm a HUGH eddy mummy...but I'm here to tell you that anyone who thinks ANY college team could compete with ANY pro team is a complete fukkin retard.

a good college baseball team with a stud 1st pick pitcher could win some games vs pro teams w/ their worst pitcher.

also that movie miracle is about the american hockey team made of all college players that beat the russian team that was basically the all star pro team of russia.
    Last edited by fried cheese; 11-14-16 at 07:24 PM.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Alabama would have to adjust to the NFL rules, like clock doesn't stop on first downs for instance.
    If a bookmaker woould give me -17 up to -21 I'd hammer Cleveland for two dimes.
    the spread here is 27

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

This is an argument that comes up every single year.

The prevailing wisdom is that the shittiest NFL team would smash the shit out of the best college team of all times.....

But Eddy is pretty sharp and he is making me think otherwise.....

xKMACKx

why do I need to talk to them?

I don't need to match up teams, study thickness of playbooks, men vs boys

I did a quick google search. Found people much smarter on this, including 1 that put all the info in and ran 50k simulations. Only people I see saying nfl names the score are normal fukks with absolute no actual knowledge or basis

Because you questioned my source, so I was providing a more reliable source for you.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11728

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    These games won't ever happen. Waste of time talking about it
    Pretty much like most of your posts.

RudyRuetigger

Because you questioned my source, so I was providing a more reliable source for you.
    its like quoting this thread as a source on another forum

I know playbook is much more detailed, practice time, etc etc.

Im taking the side that smart people take...seeing its this heavily against public would make me want that side more

I never cap games/players only lines

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i agree worst NFL team destroys best college team....... you have to remember that alabama probably plays some freshmen and true sophomores

not sure many people will be old enough to remember but i remember 1970s that a college all-star team played the superbowl champions in the exhibition season and i think they held their own... but of course, all-star team and meaningless exhibition game.

i am assuming an all-american college squad that practiced alot together would do quite well in NFL i.e. Julio Jones and stud Georgia receiver whose name escapes me would be pretty amazing together.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22146

We'll find out next year when cleveland is asked to join the SEC lol

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

Holy shit. Do people really think bama stands a chance in hell? Seriously guys. Showing square side? Have you ever penetrating played or coached football? The talent gap between bama and Cleveland is so significant it really isn't even a conversation. If Cleveland agreed to go full bore all 60 minutes, I would lay 50+.

Guys. The talent isn't even close. Like at all. I stand by earlier statement - the prop worth betting is whether bama scores a single point.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

All these computer programs running the game don't mean much to me here, because we don't have a reliable way to predict the most important factor in this game.

Does Alabama even finish this game with eleven players on both sides of the ball?

These kids are going to get mauled. Sure, a few of them are pro caliber players blah blah. But the rest aren't. The rest of those guys are undersized, undertalented dudes that will never play after college.

Let's assume the Browns don't let up. Let's pretend that for sixty minutes, they play to kill. They're simply going to systematically take out players one at a time. The o line will be third stringers before half. The qb will either dump the ball as quickly as he can or else he'll die. They'll basically end up with personnel that doesn't give them the option to gain positive yardage, let alone score. I don't even know how we're having this debate.

This isn't college vs pro in basketball, where maybe some pro ready college player can have the game of his life and somehow keep his team within twenty points. This is teenagers getting demolished by some of the biggest and most athletic men on the planet.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Who remembers when we used to play our college kids in the Olympics vs MEN ? We beat a lot of grown men in Basketball , Hockey , Baseball ext ext ext Nothing is outa the question when you have a shitty coaching staff either by the way ... +27 ? I dont know if Bama has the offense to compete , they gotta decent defense ... but if you think about it , the Browns have how many rookies starting ? The Browns also have a rookie at QB ....... the key would be the Browns run game vs the Bama defensive game plan ... With Kessler throwing it you can load the box and make Kessler beat you over your head , while being able to key on the rushing game , can Bama get off those blocks when engaged by grown men , thats a good question . Be a interesting game to watch because of the coaching on both sides . Just not sure how Bama would score ... Browns wear em down I think .... I dont even know if Bama would score to be honest ... Cleveland's D is not bad at all .

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Saying Bama won't be able to field a team by the end of the game due to injuries is more far fetched than them staying within 4 tds. Alabama is an anomaly when it comes to the college team vs nfl team question. That is what makes them so dominant in NCAA. They field an NFL sized team.

oline
    Cam Robinson 66/310 (top 10 pick in 2017)

other lineman are
    64/301
    65/319
    64/319
    65/296

TE-OJ Howard 66/251( 1st Round pick 2017)
    RB- Bo Scarbrough 62/240

Dline
    Jon Allen 63/291 (Projected 1st pick in 2017 draft)

other 2 lineman
    62/319
    63/307

Tim Williams 64/252(1st rd pick 2017)
    Ryan Anderson 62/253(3rd Round pick 2017)
    Rueben Foster 61/236(1st round pick 2017)
    Marlon Humphrey CB(Top 5 pick 2017)

Picks are current CBS sports 2017 draft projections

Unless I missed the Browns or any NFL that has 7 foot + /500lb athletes it's not a size mismatch anywhere.

Players are coming into the league more NFL ready than ever. They're not teenagers anymore having redshirted or are jr/seniors.
    Big Ben, Cam Newton , Edge James , Zeke Elliot, Randy Moss, OBJ weren't boys vs men putting up great rookie seasons but guys a year or two younger are?

Bama is different. An outlier. Any other college team I'd agree. Pounding a freak like Scarbrough behind Jonathon Allen while dinking and dunking to future NFL stud OJ Howard can slow the game down enough to stay within 4 tds imo. That's not competitive. Don't try to bridge the gap from staying within 27 points to being competitive . That's not what I'm saying.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RudyRuetigger

SportsLockPicks
    SportsLockPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

I'd take the Browns but in the back of my mind I'd be doubting myself. Only until the game starts and Jamie Collins racks up 5 sacks and injures two Bama linemen in the first 7.5 min. Browns staff would exploit every weakness/non future draft pick on Bama and shred the snot out of them.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Robert Nkemdiche, Jared Goff, Laquan Treadwell were among those that were beasts in college. Mother fukkers aren't even playing for their NFL teams now. Those are just three off the top of my head. Once these rookies are drafted, theyre surrounded by other NFL players and coaches. They're no longer college players playing on a team with other college players against college players. Dak & Zeke can excel because have the best line in the pros, not a line of college players. Give me Haden vs Riley and Joe Thomas vs any DL Alabama has. You think Hurts will be able to read an NFL defense with a collegiate offensive line? Come on guys.

mikemca
    Update Status

The Browns have plenty of late round/not drafted weaknesses to exploit also but I think the 49ers would be the best match up for Bama. They are really, REALLY bad vs the run.

mikemca
    Update Status

Robert Nkemdiche, Jared Goff, Laquan Treadwell were among those that were beasts in college. Mother fukkers aren't even playing for their NFL teams now. Those are just three off the top of my head. Once these rookies are drafted, theyre surrounded by other NFL players and coaches. They're no longer college players playing on a team with other college players against college players. Dak & Zeke can excel because have the best line in the pros, not a line of college players. Give me Haden vs Riley and Joe Thomas vs any DL Alabama has. You think Hurts will be able to read an NFL defense with a collegiate offensive line? Come on guys.

Hurts is the biggest weak link there would be in the hypothetical game. That's why I would run,run,run and pass short to OJ Howard once in a while.

stevenash

Jalen Hurts a college QB who will never see a professional snap under center would be running for his life all game.
    Shit he may never see the second half.

How is Alabama going to score on offense.

People need to get a clue.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2906

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

The truth right there. Alabama would struggle to get first downs and close to the 50, 3 and outs minus a turnover gives the Brown good field position every time. They score a minimum of 2 times per quarter. 56-0 minimum.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

id lay serious coin that bama would not score an offensive TD

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    who cares though?

the question is within 27 points

I already showed a guy running 50k simulations that showed a 33-9 avg score from 2013.

I dont need tom, dick, and harry from sbr players talk telling me what a blowout it would be

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9858

Quote Originally Posted by BetweenHerCheeks View Post
    Only way would be a trick play or a missed tackle like Broncos v steelers playoff game - single play that happened to break it.

rizespor
    rizespor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 707

So you picked 3 players who haven't made an impact and what's that supposed to prove? Sometimes rookies take time to adjust, others jump right in. Sometimes it depends on the coach. How about Joey Bosa? Jack Conklin? Deion Jones? Hunter Henry? Plenty of rookies just this year are beasting it for their teams.

In fact, here's a thought. Take the best rookies this year and make a team with them. So dak, zeke, Conklin, ronnie Stanley, Jalen Ramsey, Hargreaves, Buckner, that pass rusher for Jags, etc, etc. Give them time to practice as a team and give them a decent coach, how would they match up against the browns? Would Browns even be favored? Keep in mind they were all playing in college last year. Now turn around and match up the rookie all Stars with bama. You really still think there's 9 touchdown difference??

Yes the qb is the weakness in this hypothetical match-up as others have said. But you're acting like that's all that matters. You're crazy if you think bama front 7 will roll over just bc the players across them are a little older. Humphrey and Fitzpatrick are both nfl level corners. Who are they going up against? A converted qb and ROOKIE corey Coleman? Please. You're nuts to think it should be -50, -63. But hey at least we're actually handicapping the match-up now instead of the men vs boys cliche. Hurts is the weak link there's no doubt about that but who says he has to sling it 40 times? Go ground heavy and plenty of short passes to oj Howard. No one said they win the game but keeping it within 4 tds is very doable imo.

First 123 Last