gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

the media and trump's relationship with blacks/hispanics??

this is hindsight but something i moderately thought about before last night. one of probably 20+ election thoughts i had.

the media tends to suggest that blacks and hispanics were outraged with trump... but are they really more 1) talking to aggressive, democratic types for the views; 2) editorializing that blacks and hispanics "should" be upset with trump but confusing that with the fact that they "are" upset with trump.

one thing i did wonder about is ted cruz was sitting senator from texas. he is extremely anti-illegal immigration - as vocal as trump ex. the wall rhetoric - and he was elected in a highly hispanic state.

the black vote - where obviously hilary still got a large majority - doesn't have as much justification other than the fact 1) they may like trump self-made persona and "straight talk"; 2) illegal immigration is horrible for black economic situation; 3) "you've always voted democratic and nothing has improved"... definitely i was still shocked that trump got as many blacks as he appears to have.

sorry, i editorialized alot myself .......... my key question is "does the media report as news that blacks/hispanics hate trump when it's really the media thinks they 'should' "

thx advance

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

oops, maybe blacks (8%) and hispanics (29%) didn't vote for trump.... not sure what the hispanic expectation was.

so what mathematically explained trump's surprise victory?.............. gotta be something to do with voter turnout.

surprised on the 8% blacks. seemed like the TV commentators were shocked at how well trump did in detroit and philly - both, detroit esp., i would think capture black demographic

not sure what explains wisconsin. massive head-scratcher.. apparently trump didn't do well there in primaries and even right-wing talk radio didn't aggressively support trump there...... some amazing recent conservative vs. liberal basic ideology battles there

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

you have to realize first of all, that most media has an agenda.