Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

High Schools Taking Students To Polls During School Hours

Nov. 4, 2016—Cypress Woods High School students joined an organized effort to participate in early voting at Juergen’s Hall Community Center and Cypress Top Historic Park on Oct. 26.

Students were given the option to take a bus from school to the polling place during their history class as a way to encourage young, eligible voters to participate in American democracy.

In order to make the process less burdensome, administration at the school assisted Wildcat students with registration while they filled out the basic information.

“A woman came to our history class and handed us a piece of paper for us to fill out,” senior Kelsey Robinson said. “You had to fill in stuff like your driver's license number and your name and address. After you finished you just handed it back to her and she took care of the rest.”

The teacher in charge of the event, Leah Stephanow, is enthusiastic about the idea of finding a way to encourage voter turnout in future elections.

http://www.cfisd.net/en/news-media/d...fort-students/

Kids will go register to vote just t0 get out of class for the day, not having idea of who or what they are voting for. Unless ,of course, if the liberal teacher helps them out a little bit. Rumor has it this happened at a school in Broward County also.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

It isn't their place,if someone wants to vote that's their decision, whole point of Democracy I thought.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Always thought less should be voting, not more

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I personally think you should have to be 25 to vote. Before that age, only about 1% of the population has broken through the BS that has been fed to them about politics.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    I personally think you should have to be 25 to vote. Before that age, only about 1% of the population has broken through the BS that has been fed to them about politics.
    Unless they are military, I totally agree.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

If any of the candiates for example said they would legalize marijuana they all vote for them,HS students are still quite immature in their thinking because they don't have to much to worry about it.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

18 years old in november of their senior year a little old isnt it ?

bet majority were held back a year atr some point

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Seems silly. Can't imagine more than a handful of HS seniors being 18 in November.....

Shit, I was still 17 when I started college.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    Seems silly. Can't imagine more than a handful of HS seniors being 18 in November.....

Shit, I was still 17 when I started college.
    and i guess none of them have cars of licenses either

guess it makes sense these are slow people to begin with