TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Was It Really Worth Clearing Space For Kevin Durant? G.S. = Dead Come Playoff Time

Screwed up the entire franchise.

This has to go down as the all time fuk up ever in the history of the NBA.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Time will tell but it certainly messed up the chemistry and the system that was in place

Curry is not getting his shots now, not getting in a groove and struggling all around

I thought GS had a great thing going, and then they tried to get cute.... we'll see if it pays off

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Terrible
    Thompson's gonna get traded

afgballer56
    afgballer56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

guys i am telling you, you cant have too many scorers in one team
    KD has ruined thomson n currys game
    not to mention the lack of an interior defender
    they can beat OKC nd these 2nd tier teams
    they wont hang wid the spurs

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

too early to tell

same things were being said when lebron went to miami and didnt go 82-0 as everyone expected

SouthBayGame
    SouthBayGame's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2895

Waaaay too early to tell. Good for talk shows. Let's not forget Harrison Barnes got $24 million now plus bogus, speights and barbosa now have bigger contracts. Not so much clearing room as trading places. Let's see how warriors are come the latter half of the season

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    too early to tell

same things were being said when lebron went to miami and didnt go 82-0 as everyone expected
    Difference with LBJ is that he is an elite defender by himself, as welcas an elite scorer. He's probably the most well rounded player.

You are correct though, too early to know for sure but that doean't mean we can't speculate

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Warriors are a soft jump shooting team. They were like that the last 2 years, but they overcame it by having some athletic defenders and they could turn up their defense when they needed too.

They don't have the personnel to do that anymore. Durant/Curry play no defense. Iguodala is old. ZaZa is way softer than Bogut ever was. Draymond is still a good defender. But they have no bench. And Klay Thompson is definitely off his game since Durant has came to the team.

It's definitely not a championship team.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

too early to tell

It's still too early tell but I think it's a completey different thing than Miami.

James, Wade, and Bosh had never played together.

Curry, Thompson, and Green have played together for a while.

The Warriors lost depth, size, defense, and rebounding. They added an elite scorer but they already had that.

GayD is playing well but the rythym Curry and Thompson had all last season just isn't there right now. Will it come back?

Even if it does, their defense definitely isn't the same.

GSW had all of those personnel losses and all Durant is doing right now is taking away shots from Klay.

Why would you blow up half your roster if you won 73 games?

This teams still feels soft to me. They'll win a lot in the regular season but the playoffs may tell a different story. They lucked out two years ago when they won it because half the league was injured.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 11-05-16 at 01:13 AM.

TheLangster

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Difference with LBJ is that he is an elite defender by himself, as welcas an elite scorer. He's probably the most well rounded player.

You are correct though, too early to know for sure but that doean't mean we can't speculate

sure but curry, thompson, durant and green are good defenders though right? at least i thought they were

criticism feels a bit similar to that heat team, everyone was complaining about lack of chemistry and production by bench, that is what remains to be seen with warriors, if so many stars can learn to play together when they are on the court at the same time, and whether the supporting cast will contribute

tonight it seems that the la bench outplayed the warrior bench and that made a big difference, and also thompson and curry couldnt hit a shot to save their lives, maybe it was a one off, but it was exceptionally bad for them, worst performance in a long time, maybe they are not so excited they are now second fiddle on THEIR team to a guy they beat consistently in the past, can they put their ego aside and accept its not their team anymore? i have my doubts, it may just be wishful thinking, I think it was a bitch move my durant, and a stupid move by GS which had one of the best teams in history but decided to break it up, so i do not wish them success

The Kraken

sure but curry, thompson, durant and green are good defenders though right? at least i thought they were

criticism feels a bit similar to that heat team, everyone was complaining about lack of chemistry and production by bench, that is what remains to be seen with warriors, if so many stars can learn to play together when they are on the court at the same time, and whether the supporting cast will contribute

tonight it seems that the la bench outplayed the warrior bench and that made a big difference, and also thompson and curry couldnt hit a shot to save their lives, maybe it was a one off, but it was exceptionally bad for them, worst performance in a long time, maybe they are not so excited they are now second fiddle on THEIR team to a guy they beat consistently in the past, can they put their ego aside and accept its not their team anymore? i have my doubts, it may just be wishful thinking, I think it was a bitch move my durant, and a stupid move by GS which had one of the best teams in history but decided to break it up, so i do not wish them success
    Curry and Durant are not good defenders, they're lazy on the ball defenders. Thompson is a great defender and Green holds his own but is not stellar. I think Durant appears better than he is because of his length but he routinely gets lazy on the perimeter allowing for wide open 3's.

As for the rest

TheLangster

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why would you blow up half your roster if you won 73 games?

i agree with this, which is why i thought the warriors would never bring kd, I was wrong

as I said in the above post, I think it was a stupid move by gs and hope it bytes them in the ass

but again, too early to tell, maybe the get it together

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

is someone going to bring this up every loss? god damn, who cares about defense when you have the 3 best shooters on the same team. You score more points you win doesnt matter if you allow 120 if you score 121. Klay is third fiddle to 2 the best shooters in the NBA. Curry and KD can iso pretty much iso anybody. Warriors still have some depth but no rim protection but no team has an offense with 3 super star shooters on the same team.

Killer2121
    Killer2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2099

Nope. You don't make that many changes to a penetrating 73-9 team. Simple as that.

They lack the little things like hustle plays, rebounding, scrappy defending etc and their bench is absolute ass. If they play a tea like SA come May, Clarke, Livingston and co will get eaten alive by their bench. They have no plan B and once their shooting is cut off, they have no options

TheLangster

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Curry and Durant are not good defenders, they're lazy on the ball defenders. Thompson is a great defender and Green holds his own but is not stellar. I think Durant appears better than he is because of his length but he routinely gets lazy on the perimeter allowing for wide open 3's.

As for the rest
    so basically durant and curry just the new carmelo and iverson

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They Still only play with one ball

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    is someone going to bring this up every loss? god damn, who cares about defense when you have the 3 best shooters on the same team. You score more points you win doesnt matter if you allow 120 if you score 121. Klay is third fiddle to 2 the best shooters in the NBA. Curry and KD can iso pretty much iso anybody. Warriors still have some depth but no rim protection but no team has an offense with 3 super star shooters on the same team.
    The defense in the playoffs is too good to win titles being a purely jump shooting offensive team.

BigDofBA

Of course someone is going to bring it up every time they lose. They're going to get scrutinized all season.

They'll still win over 60 games and will really see how good they are in the later rounds of the playoffs. The game is more physical in the post-season.

I like how the Clippers and Spurs match up with them inside.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I bet they could get a bigger guy for Klay Thompson

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I bet they could get a bigger guy for Klay Thompson
    Which begs the question, why mess with a 73 win team that had big guys?

SouthBayGame

Nobody here seems to take into account that Barnes would have cost almost as much as Durant. Throw in increasing contracts for Bogut, Speights, Barbosa and Ezeli due to the large salary cap increase and they couldn't field last years team regardless

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Quote Originally Posted by SouthBayGame View Post
    Nobody here seems to take into account that Barnes would have cost almost as much as Durant. Throw in increasing contracts for Bogut, Speights, Barbosa and Ezeli due to the large salary cap increase and they couldn't field last years team regardless
    Why would they keep that loser Barnes? He sucked in finals and he got a ridiculous contract in free agency. No way they kept him regardless. All they needed was to keep Bogut and maybe 1 more

SouthBayGame

they offered Barnes $16 or $18 million the year before so they were clearly going to spend it on him or some other guy but lucked out they got Durant. Barbosa and Speights also played big roles off the bench and demanded more money.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

It's early in the season, but their weaknesses have been exposed early. They will still win a bunch of games based on pure talent, but it will take it's toll over the course of a full season. They have no bench which will lead to more minutes, less chances to rest players or give them a game off, higher chance for injuries. Without any rim protectors that puts more pressure on perimeter defenders, again taking energy which will show late in games and in the season for a jump shooting team. It doesn't help that they played well into June and several of them also played in the Olympics.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

A lot of interesting views.

This is what I know so far....

1. Kevin Durant is a major jinx. He is a horrible defender. Guy knocks out amazing stats during the regular season.... doesn't do sh#$ in the Playoffs. Choke artist.

2. Just like everyone said so far... the rhythm is totally off. I'm going to go a step further... I don't think this team will ever have "playoff caliber" chemistry.

3. Everyone laugh... but Golden State needs some rim protection. They have to trade someone now. It would be sad to see Thompson go... but they need someone.

4. Lost all their depth for this idiot Durant. They could of worked deals for majority of the players who left. They would of probably stayed. Again, majority of them. Not all of them....

I'm sorry for all the Durant lovers out there... I think the guy absolutely sucks.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    A lot of interesting views.

This is what I know so far....

1. Kevin Durant is a major jinx. He is a horrible defender. Guy knocks out amazing stats during the regular season.... doesn't do sh#$ in the Playoffs. Choke artist.

2. Just like everyone said so far... the rhythm is totally off. I'm going to go a step further... I don't think this team will ever have "playoff caliber" chemistry.

3. Everyone laugh... but Golden State needs some rim protection. They have to trade someone now. It would be sad to see Thompson go... but they need someone.

4. Lost all their depth for this idiot Durant. They could of worked deals for majority of the players who left. They would of probably stayed. Again, majority of them. Not all of them....

I'm sorry for all the Durant lovers out there... I think the guy absolutely sucks.
    This is why I've always had a Westbrook avatar. He might do stupid shit but he is an alpha and gives it a 100%.

Durant literally had more of a killer instinct against OKC in game five of the regular season Thursday than he has his entire career in the playoffs.

He is a superstar with a beta personality. Wait until the stakes and pressure are high and then see what he does. It's easy to do it in the regular season against a young team coming off a backtrack to back (OKC).

OKC scored 31 in the first quarter by going inside and built a 12 point lead before just falling apart. The stage was too big for this OKC team last Thursday. Wait until Durant comes to OKC.

Spurs, Clippers, and Cavs can all beat the Warriors. They are good but they aren't this invincible juggernaut Super Team. I think they were more complete last year.

Curry and Thompson don't have the same rhythm together so far.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

This is why I've always had a Westbrook avatar. He might do stupid shit but he is an alpha and gives it a 100%.

Durant literally had more of a killer instinct against OKC in game five of the regular season Thursday than he has his entire career in the playoffs.

He is a superstar with a beta personality. Wait until the stakes and pressure are high and then see what he does. It's easy to do it in the regular season against a young team coming off a backtrack to back (OKC).

OKC scored 31 in the first quarter by going inside and built a 12 point lead before just falling apart. The stage was too big for this OKC team last Thursday. Wait until Durant comes to OKC.

Spurs, Clippers, and Cavs can all beat the Warriors. They are good but they aren't this invincible juggernaut Super Team. I think they were more complete last year.

Curry and Thompson don't have the same rhythm together so far.
    all these weak fags get elevated bc nba needs to create superstars.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lets be real ppl nobody's beating this team in a 7 game series besides the cavs. Lets revisit this thread come jan/feb once they're used to playing with each other. They will be fine...but KD is still a sucker and a snake for what he did to the Russ and the thunder.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

problem is there is only one ball.

DUBnation
    DUBnation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6413

Which begs the question, why mess with a 73 win team that had big guys?
    Warriors let Bogut and Ezeli go because neither one could stay healthy. Bogut was a near perfect fit but when you're trying to win championships you need your starters on the floor, and even playing extremely limited minutes for that exact reason Bogut got injured when they needed him most.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    problem is there is only one ball.
    what does this even mean?

Klay losses the most out of all 3 because Steph and KD have a better iso game. Klay made 4 threes in the 1st quarter of the mavs game currently still going. It's too much too handle for most teams... If they are healthy in the playoffs and whoever they play has an injury at the starting position its an automatic wrap. Mavs getting smoked right now by 30 by half time