Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Shaun King Says NFL Ratings Are Down Due To Racism And Trump

As league executives, team owners and a host of sports and media experts scrambled to make sense of the steep decline, one definitive poll from Seton Hall found that 56% of NFL fans believe the protests being held during the “Star-Spangled Banner” are to blame. That’s higher than any other reason given — including the presidential elections, oversaturation of sports and the fallout from fan awareness of CTE and traumatic brain injuries. Cord-cutting and expanded streaming options are also likely contributing to the ratings declines.

I believe the poll.

It’s why Donald Trump is actually echoing the results of the poll on the campaign trail and publicly singling out Colin Kaepernick as the singular reason for the decline in the NFL ratings. Trump and his team of white supremacists and bigots know that such a mention would actually resonate with their base. Think about it. One study stated that 83% of NFL fans are white and also said that registered Republicans were 21% more likely to be NFL fans than Democrats. In other words, a significant chunk of NFL fans are Donald Trump supporters. The only real demographic he is winning is white men without college degrees.

So, of course ratings are down and of course the league wide protests are playing a role. Anybody saying otherwise is willfully denying the role of race and racism in America.

Conservative white NFL fans love their teams and even feign loving the players on those teams as long as they keep their mouths closed about the civil and human rights of African-Americans. Sixty-nine percent of players in the league are black. A few more percentage points are from other ethnicities of color. Those numbers are likely to increase in the years ahead.

What we have right now is the stark reality that uneducated conservative white men hate few things more in the world than a fully free black man — particularly a decidedly wealthy, physically fit, fully free black man who unashamedly and unabashedly raises his black fist in the air during the “Star-Spangled Banner.” That’s exactly what we have the NFL right now.

If Donald Trump has done anything, he has deepened the racial divide in this country and emboldened tens of millions of white Americans to embrace their whiteness in ways I’ve never seen in my lifetime. So, when Donald Trump attempted this weekend to use Colin Kaepernick as a political football, he did it because doing so is a popular thing to do with his base. They hate Colin. According to new polls, Colin is far and away the most hated player in the league right now. He’s not hated by black fans, but by conservative white fans who see him as the human personification of so much of what they hate in a black man.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.2853885

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol

Obama ruined race relations

8 years
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: triplecrown333

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

penetrate these guys trying to make sense out of it , end of the day, its just entertainment, nothing more nothing less...

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

This guy is a dumbass, plain and simple

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    lol

8 years

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    lol

8 years
    Smartest thing you've ever said. And Shaun King is a compete dumbass. I really wonder where racism would be if blacks didn't think every damn thing was racist.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

I see we have an objective columnist here. It's just another tired attempt at race baiting. Are Trump supporters racist? Some of them are to be sure but are Hillary supporters racist in reverse? Sure some of them are. It's intellectually lazy to claim either. NFL ratings are down because of cord cutting with cable and satellite providers, the decline of Fantasy Football (which promulgated the enormous and unsustainable ratings of the past few years) and the fact that people have more options.

Goodell's blunders, concussion reports, spousal abuse by players also contribute somewhat. I am sure, to a small extent, the kneel down has some patriots boycotting as well. It's many things but Mr. King decided on this absurd spin to get eyeballs on his column. It's catnip for social justice warriors and BLM supporters. It is also another in a series of race-bait diatribes, creating the racial divide he references.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8464

King is a race baiter. Nothing else to say.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Shaun King. That is the white guy who is pretending to be black right?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jesus Christ, this guy is whiter than me.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Once Obama gone race tensions will gradually ease

He is the worst Pres that ever lived

Embarrassment to America

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

jj sharp as fcuk in politics...

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    I see we have an objective columnist here. It's just another tired attempt at race baiting. Are Trump supporters racist? Some of them are to be sure but are Hillary supporters racist in reverse? Sure some of them are. It's intellectually lazy to claim either. NFL ratings are down because of cord cutting with cable and satellite providers, the decline of Fantasy Football (which promulgated the enormous and unsustainable ratings of the past few years) and the fact that people have more options.

Goodell's blunders, concussion reports, spousal abuse by players also contribute somewhat. I am sure, to a small extent, the kneel down has some patriots boycotting as well. It's many things but Mr. King decided on this absurd spin to get eyeballs on his column. It's catnip for social justice warriors and BLM supporters. It is also another in a series of race-bait diatribes, creating the racial divide he references.

C`mon SJ. Logic and reasonable thought have no place here.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    C`mon SJ. Logic and reasonable thought have no place here.
    My apologies. I don't know what got into me, Dominator.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Smartest thing you've ever said. And Shaun King is a compete dumbass. I really wonder where racism would be if blacks didn't think every damn thing was racist.
    Yea man, if black people had just kept their mouths shut, things like slavery, jim crow, and segregation could've been over alot earlier.

lolz_69
    lolz_69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 375

Not the NFL quarterback Shaun King, just some jerkoff writer. No one cares

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

NEVER forget... Kunta Kinte

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Click on link to see were Slavery is common today

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-ap...ows.jpg&w=1484

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Is Shaun King still pretending to be Black.