DO NOT FUKKING DO IT.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

value underdogs or never ever bet

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

This is just my opinion, obviously, but I think you're better off with the goal of getting 100K off of sports betting and then using that 100K to make more money in another business venture as opposed to trying to just make 100K every year off of sports betting. There are a ton of ways to go once you have that 100K bankroll as far as making money that doesn't involve betting on sports. If sports is truly your passion then try to find some type of entrepreneurial opportunity that coincides within the sports world. The first million is always the hardest after that you should have the knowledge to make another million. I think it would be pretty naive to think you can consistently make 100K a year betting on sports but I'm sure some people manage that but they're ultra rare. It's a lot easier to make 100K a year just in a regular business venture or investing long term. Gambling is stressful, you have to be a perfectionist and you have to have perfect discipline to even have a chance. Then you need all the bounces in your favor during the games. Use that 100K to start a tech business. Look at these idiots that started stupid shit like Twitter and Square app payment processor for smartphones. They're billionaires now off of like a < 50K investment.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Bet limits on the apps are lower, so you can make most bets on apps but if you are a high roller or making a big spot bet you cannot get as much value on the app.

alling
    alling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

It can be easily done if you fade SBR posters picks.

Sonny Burnett
    Sonny Burnett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 794

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    It's that betting into -110 lines nobody is winning long term. If anyone can provide photo evidence of that I will ship them $1000 paypal. Long term as in over 1000 plays.
    here is the link to a pro betting site named "dvoznak" (based in Croatia, Europe)
    Original version (full record) - http://www.dvoznak.com/?show=prognoze
    English version (came in use 2 years later) - http://www.betprepare.com/?show=prognoze
    They exist for over 5 years, and in that time they have published over 22 000 picks (not counting parlays, which they also publish from time to time)
    Success rate: 12862 (593) / 22200
    Stake/ Return: 95711 / 103731.53 (8020.53)
    ROI: + 8.4%
    and Parlays
    Success rate: 887 / 1545
    Stake / Return: 8189 / 8599.07 (410.07)
    ROI: + 5.0%

as you can see, the profit is not ROI 100%, but in a long run that is better than keeping the money in the bank.
    They have earned over 8000 units, so if you stake like 200$ on a 5/10 pick (40$/unit) you'll be getting a 320 000$ over that time...

They even improved over last few months, publishing fewer but stronger picks, and implementing a live betting as a part of their strategy. Live games give bigger betting limits on "smaller" sports and also they are using well known betting sites for those plays.

So if you ask me... yes it is possible.

You have to think outside of the box, and not to take action only on US major sports, where the bookmakers are sharpest and embrace other markets.
    There is a big difference even in college sport in compare to major sports and a good capper can have a solid record.

and on a long run... information information, information...

few days ago friend calls me after midnight (6:30 Pm eastern time)... books made a mistake, Toronto Raptors just announced that they will play with players I never heard of against San Lorenzo in a friendly preseason game... bookies are giving free money putting on +31,5 San Lorenzo... games goes at 7:00 eastern
    Toronto won by 19, trailing 2pts at the HT...

I must say that my friend is the best fantasy player I ever seen... he earned my tons of money on games like this, specially on NBA pre-playoff games when teams tend to change rosters and give a chance to less known players... then bookmakers are in trouble, but not even a average bettor seems to know the difference, only a true expert could see things clear... not to mention props plays like players points... gold!

few weeks ago, another friend calls me saying I have a confirmed information that a Dinamo 2 (team from lower league) will play their match reinforced with 5-6 players from a first Dinamo team (current champion)... I placed few thousands € on +160 with odds falling that night to +100, next day -140 and just in time of a TV broadcast and live betting -200, and bet365 gave me a 1000€ earnings on a cashout option... and I didn't do a thing... just placed my bet on time

and more than few years ago, Railbird emailed me saying that a key player for some NCAAB team puked on a plane and did not go to a game. Bookies didn't know that... spread was like -13 on the opposite team falling even to -11... they had 17 at the HT and won by 30 or so at the end... again good info earned easy money.

I have like 10-15 betting sites with more than few active accounts, 2 PCs, 2 smartphones... and I have to spend more then few hours daily on internet... but the earnings are good, more then I could earn doing second job.
    Hell, I earn more money monthly on betting, than I earn doing my job.

just to sum it...

yes it is possible... but it is a difference between average bettor and a pro one, just like in every other business.

Sonny Burnett
    Sonny Burnett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 794

4) Understand that very soon this will feel like a job, as opposed to a hobby.

that sums it up

the more money involved... the harder the job is...

try to have a normal day when all your picks lose...

I lost my girlfriend cause of this... staying wake late at night waiting for a rotoworld infos on NBA teams
    being in a bad mood when losing...
    had to pay rent for two apartments, putting her through college...
    she later understood, when she saw that the money doesn't come easy

but is sure feels like a having a job on a side
    Last edited by Sonny Burnett; 10-19-16 at 08:14 PM.

jjgold

Sonny strong posts

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

only Billy Walters wins

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

It's way less stress sitting at a desk making 100k. Why bother?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    the same reason people create their own businesses that could work for more money elsewhere

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18949

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's why farmers farm
    Gold miners mine
    mountain climbers climb

They can so something very few other people can do-create something from nothing and they do it on their own with no help from any other human beings - call their own shots - answer to no one on how - what - when and where
    Last edited by BuckyOne; 10-20-16 at 10:41 AM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

You guys are hilarious.

nicholasg97
    nicholasg97's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    It's that betting into -110 lines nobody is winning long term. If anyone can provide photo evidence of that I will ship them $1000 paypal. Long term as in over 1000 plays.
    There is this website called Fansunite where people place "fake" bets so they can track their bets. The website gets its odds from pinnacle I believe. There is a user who has been profitable at an average of 1.91 odds (-110) and and has 4901 picks so far. I've been tailing him for quite a while and he is the real deal.
    His ROI is 2.44% which may not seem like a ton, but if you are betting $500 a pick since he started that is over 100k. What are your thoughts on this?

This is his profile btw.
    https://fansunite.com/profile/TMussolani

Also I'm interested in if OP has changed is view on this and what his plan is.

Also @jjgold if you see this, so you say you can't make money sports-betting? Then why spend over 10 years thinking about it?

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Who the hell has time for 100k? I need millions.

jjgold

Lol

You have to bet his exact odds or you get destroyed

It's why those tracking sites mean nothing

nicholasg97

Well I've been matching his odds on average. If the website gets the lines from pinnacle(one of the sharpest books) then it shouldn't be too hard to beat them at the softer books...

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasg97 View Post
    Well I've been matching his odds on average. If the website gets the lines from pinnacle(one of the sharpest books) then it shouldn't be too hard to beat them at the softer books...
    no.............he is getting best juice on planet long term

nicholasg97

Best Juice ≠ Best Odds

If I have 4-5 other books, I can shop for odds and chances are, I'll find better odds because they update their odds slower. And when I say chances are then I mean then yes you can find equal odds if not better. Now I understand I could get limited in the future though..
    Last edited by nicholasg97; 12-27-16 at 04:37 PM.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

ill be making 100k in 2017

nicholasg97

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Damn boi, get it. I'll be shooting for like 5k lol, got too much school.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24609

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Happy New Year, rudy.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Sure. You could also hit a million on a slot machine. All it takes is 4-5 losses in a row, which will happen, and you'll start sweating, chasing, disaster.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

When Matchbook was available getting -104 to -102 prices on spreads was pretty easy. No way is -110 feasible in the long-run if you're betting thousands.

Sigh how I miss Matchbook

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28535

100 grand no big deal....!

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Hard but if you have the bankroll you can

Have to make big bets

1 reason it does not feel like a job to me is I bet mostly what I know. That's mostly NBA. So I don't spend time researching -- just an injury report.

So if you bet on what you know, what you've known for 10 20 30 years... it won't feel like a job. You already have the knowledge. You already have a competitive advantage because you have this knowledge. Use it.

Primetime99
    Primetime99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alling View Post
    It can be easily done if you fade SBR posters picks.

First 123