Underdog5229
    Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

pick ur spots, only bet value and slam that shit big.

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

I think about 1 in 2000 players that seriously try to either go pro or significantly supplement their income with sports gambling succeed.

Success =
    $1 Million lifetime NET earnings from sports MINIMUM

AND

$50,000 NET Profit in AT LEAST 8 of the last 10 years

1 in 2000 that seriously try will get there

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    Bet $1000 a game (-110 line) for 2000 bets for the year, and hit at 55%, and you got yourself $100,000 for the year.
    If you stagger your wagering in some predestined betting model (see the various baccarat or BJ betting theories) then you can hit under 50% and do this however you have to have the balls at some point to lay huge money. Probably need a $15k bankroll to start with, $500/ game/ half, etc; goal is $300/day profit.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you spot that you possibly can make a few dollars but nothing big

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It's impossible because of -110
    thats so dumb, makes no difference

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

How about 300K in a few months I did it 2010-11 football season. Not for the faint of heart if you are really trying to go for a big profit gotta put up to get to those figures.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    thats so dumb, makes no difference

CanuckG

Nobody in this thread is a winning gambler long term. Stop trying to live a fantasy.

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19273

It is possible but you have to be clean as a baby's butt and have a 200k bank - have one leg in Vegas - one in Costa RicaCanada/Europe - be really good at offshore banking - not get stiffed - mugged or robbed. Have a command post like NASA with multiple pc's,laptops tablets, hand held devices - state of the art line service - ability to live - breathe sports 12 hours a day - 7 days a week.

But, if you are that good - you start getting kicked out of places or limited. There is absolutely no room to take days off - travel - get sick. Oh, and you can't spend any of the bank and have to live off of and pay bills with other funds. Any money that comes in has to be stockpiled or used again.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post

Explain to me how betting at -110 is any different betting $10K a game as opposed to $100 a game. The juice is still the same damn percent. If you can win with -110 at lower amounts, you'll win at bigger amounts. Pretty simple

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    It is possible but you have to be clean as a baby's butt and have a 200k bank - have one leg in Vegas - one in Costa RicaCanada/Europe - be really good at offshore banking - not get stiffed - mugged or robbed. Have a command post like NASA with multiple pc's,laptops tablets, hand held devices - state of the art line service - ability to live - breathe sports 12 hours a day - 7 days a week.

But, if you are that good - you start getting kicked out of places or limited. There is absolutely no room to take days off - travel - get sick. Oh, and you can't spend any of the bank and have to live off of and pay bills with other funds. Any money that comes in has to be stockpiled or used again.

That isn't true. You could make a good living off college sports (football and basketball) and take vacations from like April-July and be just fine.

CanuckG

Explain to me how betting at -110 is any different betting $10K a game as opposed to $100 a game. The juice is still the same damn percent. If you can win with -110 at lower amounts, you'll win at bigger amounts. Pretty simple
    It's that betting into -110 lines nobody is winning long term. If anyone can provide photo evidence of that I will ship them $1000 paypal. Long term as in over 1000 plays.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd say over 70% people here don't bet soccer. That's why everyone is always worried about -110. Soccer has a lot of soft lines and it's probably more time consuming when doing research because ESPN won't be able to tell me dick about Norweigan soccer. You don't hear about too many people betting soccer because in 'Merica it's a pussy sport yet people keep throwing money away because of juice. Not to mention parlays are imo slightly easier to do with soccer. I have a documented 8 team soccer parlay in LKid's thread I think the worst line was -400ish best line was +100ish. Long story short, learn to bet soccer.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It is easier to get the best number for $100 than 10k. You may have to lay an extra pt or bet a ML 10 cents worse if you are trying to bet over book limits. Also you will get banned from soft books quicker betting big.

Stackzilla
    NGNG

Also if your going to quit your job and gamble from home, look into creating other stream of income from home.

Stackzilla
    NGNG

That isn't true. You could make a good living off college sports (football and basketball) and take vacations from like April-July and be just fine.
    True, every year there's a few teams who have great records ATS. This year it's Colorado ride it til the wheels fall off.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

100K is easy

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

If you have enough bankroll you can do it.

haralabos voulgaris is who you should look up. i have no reason to believe he's lying about how much he makes each year betting NBA.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I am pretty sure Voulgaris retired because the lines are more accurate though his net worth is very high.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Nobody in this thread is a winning gambler long term. Stop trying to live a fantasy.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Stackzilla View Post
    I'd say over 70% people here don't bet soccer. That's why everyone is always worried about -110. Soccer has a lot of soft lines and it's probably more time consuming when doing research because ESPN won't be able to tell me dick about Norweigan soccer. You don't hear about too many people betting soccer because in 'Merica it's a pussy sport yet people keep throwing money away because of juice. Not to mention parlays are imo slightly easier to do with soccer. I have a documented 8 team soccer parlay in LKid's thread I think the worst line was -400ish best line was +100ish. Long story short, learn to bet soccer.

How the heck are you supposed to be get the knowledge you need about a sport somewhere where the language is different anyway?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

If you want to make 100k/yr.

1) Move to LV; there are too many issues in the offshore world.
    2) Be prepared to bet at least 2k (or to win 2k) per game; that's the bare minimum.
    3) Get ready for a lot of driving around and a lot of legwork.
    4) Understand that very soon this will feel like a job, as opposed to a hobby.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If you want to make 100k/yr.

1) Move to LV; there are too many issues in the offshore world.
    2) Be prepared to bet at least 2k (or to win 2k) per game; that's the bare minimum.
    3) Get ready for a lot of driving around and a lot of legwork.
    4) Understand that very soon this will feel like a job, as opposed to a hobby.

Almost all Vegas books on Apps now

There is no driving around anymore

Lines in Vegas move quicker that anywhere in world..why??

Auto moves off Pinnacle, extremely rare there is an off number any longer

Sharps home staring at lines and on betting apps

BuckyOne

I guess it is where your skill lies - Baseball has so many games every day. That is the beauty of college football - so many games on a Saturday. I do agree that college sports are a gold mine. But, there are guys that cleanup on Golf,Nascar,Horses,Soccer,Tennis, etc. There are a lot of bets out there. Then, there are contests - didn't Fezzik win at least 100k each time he won the Hilton and parlayed that into a tout business. (wonder if he is knocking down 100k a year in the business)

But, a night and day difference now and what it was like 15-20 years ago.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

According to verey few people, making $100k per year is possible in sports betting. With a good model and decent BR, you may have a chance here.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Almost all Vegas books on Apps now

There is no driving around anymore

Lines in Vegas move quicker that anywhere in world..why??

Auto moves off Pinnacle, extremely rare there is an off number any longer

Sharps home staring at lines and on betting apps
    If you use apps, they will track you and limit or boot you very quickly.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    If you use apps, they will track you and limit or boot you very quickly.
    You can't make a bet from out of state on a Vegas Book's app right? Even if you signed up there and listed a Nevada bank?

TPowell

I guess it is where your skill lies - Baseball has so many games every day. That is the beauty of college football - so many games on a Saturday. I do agree that college sports are a gold mine. But, there are guys that cleanup on Golf,Nascar,Horses,Soccer,Tennis, etc. There are a lot of bets out there. Then, there are contests - didn't Fezzik win at least 100k each time he won the Hilton and parlayed that into a tout business. (wonder if he is knocking down 100k a year in the business)

But, a night and day difference now and what it was like 15-20 years ago.

Started to mention golf, tennis, and soccer but the limits at books have to be a huge problem. I mean I'm sure you can clean up but you'd have to hit a stupid high % or have a ton of action to make up for the low limits right?

jjgold

Bet for a hobby period not income

It will not happen

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

Trade stocks. Not penny stocks though. That's death. Way better than sportsbetting.

BuckyOne

Started to mention golf, tennis, and soccer but the limits at books have to be a huge problem. I mean I'm sure you can clean up but you'd have to hit a stupid high % or have a ton of action to make up for the low limits right?
    Soccer - you can get a pretty good lick in. There is only so much time in the day - some of this stuff would involve Europe and different time zones. I guess there is a limit on how much info we can cram into our brains.

I met a guy a couple of years ago in LV who does well at hockey. He looks for matchups in the schedule where he can go to and scout live both teams against other opponents before they play each other. Then, evaluates and gets down pretty big on the game.

Now, I wish I had that kind of evaluation skill and I am depending on this being the truth. Maybe, this could happen in golf or tennis?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    You can't make a bet from out of state on a Vegas Book's app right? Even if you signed up there and listed a Nevada bank?
    I can't say for sure because I've never bet online with a book in Nevada but as I understand it, no you cannot.

TPowell

Soccer - you can get a pretty good lick in. There is only so much time in the day - some of this stuff would involve Europe and different time zones. I guess there is a limit on how much info we can cram into our brains.

I met a guy a couple of years ago in LV who does well at hockey. He looks for matchups in the schedule where he can go to and scout live both teams against other opponents before they play each other. Then, evaluates and gets down pretty big on the game.

Now, I wish I had that kind of evaluation skill and I am depending on this being the truth. Maybe, this could happen in golf or tennis?

Golf would be ridic easy to do that in. You can get in to events for next to nothing for most part and follow any golfer you want. When I've went to events, I've watched guys hit balls on the range. I remember it was Sat morning and me and my buddy were on the range watching a young Euro (Mannasero I think), working with a coach and just shaking his head after each shot. I looked for his matchups that day and of course he missed the cut so he wasn't playing

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Yes.
    Bet 10k on 10 to 1 odds on sports championship futures.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Only way 100k if lucky parlay

First 123 Last