SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Sharp Play on National Anthem O/U

Katy...here is your video
    Willie Bee, here is your blog

What better way to start off the Super Bowl than to win money before the game even starts. No, I am not talking about betting on NBA, NHL, or NCAA before, I'm talking about the National Anthem.

Now I don't have exact number on what the O/U was for the last 3 or 4 times it was sung, but I do have video and I do have my memory. The last two years, two former American Idol singers sang the Anthem, with both of them going OVER in time. I know this b/c I bet the Over on both and won.

I will go back in time and give the time and singer of some past Super Bowl performances. And when it comes to the end, there is a common factor. The factor is that women sing longer than men, black women sing longer than the white and that American Idol women as well as all women hold out notes longer which makes for the length of the anthem to go over.

O/U of the 2010 National Anthem is 1:42

In 2000, Faith Hill started off the game with her rendition of the National Anthem and it might have been one of her best performances ever. She is a women of course and my theory of holding the notes longer stays strong. It took Hill 2:00 to sing the Anthem including 10 seconds she held out the last note.

In 2001,The Backstreet Boys sung the Anthem. The backstreet boys sang the Anthem. This group started on a faster pace, but slowed it down by again HOLDING OUT OF THE NOTE. Or the land and of the free, and the home of the brave, that alone took 31 seconds of the performance. Overall, it took the Boys 1:49 seconds.

2002, Mariah Carey sang the National Anthem. Women of course, holding out those notes, her rendition of the song took 1:56 including 15 seconds of HOLDING OUT THE LAST NOTE.

2005 SuperBowl had the Academy Choir singing the anthem. Now of course, a choir singing this makes the beat a lot faster, notes are not held out as long, and the anthem is a lot shorter. But, they also had a band with them, the Choir sang the original verse in 1:10. But then the band played a little longer and they sang the last line again. I'm not sure how they count that, but I would say the original verse is what counted, so 1:10 was the length.

2007 saw Billy Joel sing the National Anthem. It really wasn't too goo, but again the length is all that matters. Joel played piano while singing like always, but his version wasn't too long at all. Being a guy, he just sings it. Solo guy, compared to group such as Back Street Boys. Joel's version was only 1:29.

2008 and Former American Idol star Jordin Sparks steps up to sing the National Anthem. Idol stars are known for holding out notes longer based from how they sang on the show and especially being a women, you know the song will be long. When Sparks sang, it lasted 1:54 seconds which turned out to be OVER for betting purposes. 10 seconds she held out for the last note.

2009 saw another ex idol singing the Anthem in Jen Hudson. Again, women and idol women hold notes out for a long time and Hudson took a record time to sing this song. Hudson had an amazing version singing this song and it took 2:11 when
    it was all said and done
    , every note was held out to the fullest.

This year, we see yet another American Idol star step up to the big stage in Carrie Underwood. Country star has sung the National Anthem at big games before. She sang the Anthem at a NFL game back in 2006, and sung it in 1:40. Now, she just sang it straight through. Regular game, so I don't thing she held out notes as she will for this game.

Underwood sang the Anthem at the 2005 NBA all star game as well. This was very close, but I think the total outcome was 1:41 from this performance.

Underwood sang again at Game 3 of the 2007 World Series and this time, Underwood took shorter to sing it, singing straight through the song. 1:37 was the total here. So 3 performances and 3 UNDERS at 3 different sports.

Even though, the prior 3 have gone under, I feel at the Superbowl this Sunday, you will see a longer performance for Underwood, holding out notes like most have done in the past and the song will go OVER the 1:42 total. The past 3 performances, she just straight sang through the song, but SuperBowl is a bigger stage for all singers and if she just holds one or 2 notes for 1 or 2 seconds longer than normal, the OVER will hit. Trends will say on Underwood to stay UNDER, but trends from the past say OVER. Carrie Underwood sings the song the same way each performance, with her chords going high or low, it's the same each time and I do expect the same on Sunday, but with a little added length.

The past has shown that 1:42 should be easy OVER, but Carrie Underwood will test this theory. My theory of American idol winners holding notes longer, women holding notes longer, the Superbowl having people go longer on performance will all be tested here on Sunday.

Good luck to those who bet this if you even decide to bet this prop.

Sharp play on OVER 1:42 for me.

Gl Boys

Video to come

SamsNCharge99

Lost Angel
    Lost Angel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    O/U of the 2010 National Anthem is 1:42
    Damn. That seems like a long time. Minute 42. Have yet to read the rest of whats here, looks promising, came here looking for "trends" of late wondering if maybe the line (O/U time) was gonna be set too high....this having gone over of "late"....felt the need to jump in here though and say

damn that seems high.

Bootylicious
    Bootylicious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over is always the sharp play, though they are very questionable in grading these out

SamsNCharge99

tbone40143
    tbone40143's Avatar Become A Pro!

over seems like the play so u may wanna be really careful with this one

Lost Angel

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    Even though, the prior 3 have gone under, I feel at the Superbowl this Sunday, you will see a longer performance for Underwood, holding out notes like most have done in the past and the song will go OVER the 1:42 total. The past 3 performances, she just straight sang through the song, but SuperBowl is a bigger stage for all singers and if she just holds one or 2 notes for 1 or 2 seconds longer than normal, the OVER will hit. Trends will say on Underwood to stay UNDER, but trends from the past say OVER. Carrie Underwood sings the song the same way each performance, with her chords going high or low, it's the same each time and I do expect the same on Sunday, but with a little added length.

The past has shown that 1:42 should be easy OVER, but Carrie Underwood will test this theory. My theory of American idol winners holding notes longer, women holding notes longer, the Superbowl having people go longer on performance will all be tested here on Sunday.

Good luck to those who bet this if you even decide to bet this prop.

Sharp play on OVER 1:42 for me.

Gl Boys

Video to come
    Excellent writeup.

I am in total agreement with this call because when the Hurricane Katrina situation is factored in this is the most "emotional" stage that Carrie will have sung upon and she simply must extend notes, juicing every ounce of raw emotion from this song as possible. I'd recommend getting on this 1:42 ASAP as I would expect this number to rise.

Shit, network/nfl might even show VIDEO of the devastation + comeback from such on big screen in stadium & TV (if thats allowed during anthem....not considered blasphemous) which if so hell I'd imagine Carrie could find 1:51 here.

Just my 2 cents.

gcarp707
    gcarp707's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am thinking that the over would be the play here. I see this lasting quite a while for this big of stage.

gcarp707
    gcarp707's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am thinking that the over would be the play here. I see this lasting quite a while for this big of stage.

Lost Angel

You should def get a pie for this blog Sammy

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Angel View Post

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

Just call someone who works at CBS, after all, the SB Anthem is recorded to avoid any last minute glitches.

SamsNCharge99

Video still isn't working mods

tltaylor89
    FVn=S(1+c)n
    tltaylor89's Avatar Become A Pro!

1st and 10 thinks the video is nice

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

WTF?

carysturtz
    carysturtz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like under to me

carysturtz
    carysturtz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why would you bet this when all you have to do is load up on New Orleans, best bet

zagat
    zagat's Avatar Become A Pro!

LMAO! you guys don't bet the pro bowl but you bet the o/u on the national anthem for the SB?!

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

How do books even grade this crap?

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks sammy for the info

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Angel View Post

Grandmaster B
    Retired
    Grandmaster B's Avatar Become A Pro!

might as well bet on cockroach races

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see you've got the pick out. Was waiting for this, I'll be on the over as well. GL man

SamsNCharge99

jlgarciaiii22
    jlgarciaiii22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3722

Good write up and video... With you on this one Sam Hammer the Over!!!!

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Interesting stuff here. Take out a home equity loan for this one.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

im actually almost impressed enough to bet this and i would never bet something like this...so the question that still needs to be answered is about the grading and is it legit as some have already asked?

2daBank

i just love the angle that every time so far she been under seems like that what most ppl would look at, if she goes half as long as it did for me to read all that id say we got a winner!!!!!!! nice work

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good Luck on your National Anthem wager!

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carrie Underwood is dynamite!

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

what if shes nervous?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by freeVICK View Post
    what if shes nervous?

but shes already did all star game and world series game as sammy said i would think that has her more than prepared

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Nice writeup Sammy. Might throw a buck or two on it

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Trying to think of it a bit more as I'd like to bet my first online prop:

As (female) singers gain more confidence with their singing and success, they tend to be more comfortable and fond of holding out notes.

Is this bet available at Pinny? and where exactly?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

What books have this up now?

12 Last