Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Patriots/Dolphins Game. How Can We Not Take The Dolphins +6.5?

Pats were 1 FG from losing to Cards

Dolphins lost by 2 Against Seahawks

Division game and we are getting almost a TD vs a Bradyless Pats Team?

People bet Patriots blind but lets take a step back here and be smart.

Fins +6.5 $110 to win $100

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

IDK Weed. This is a tough game to handicap. Better games on the board imo. Staying away. GL.

funmakers
    funmakers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

The fins should cover that 6.5. if the D-line shows up. GO FINS.

House
    House's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5492

Im on the other side ....Pats -6.5 ...The D is for real and that backup can start for most teams in the NFL ... sees the field , gets the ball out fast , goes through his progressions , reads the D and makes the right pass ...... This kid wants to impress the home fans ! I say he does exactly that ....Pats 31 - Miami 20 ..... its going over 42

Gooleez21
    Gooleez21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Dolphins only play the Pats tough in Miami. In Gillette and coming off last week it's a blowout. Pats by two touchdowns

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Phins kept Pats from having home field for AFC CG last year.

Think they would struggle a bit in Miami, but @ home they cover.

House

I dont know if anyone realizes this but Belicheck is making a point with Brady out ! Thats the agenda

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

If handicapping were as easy as making single game comparisions, books wouldn't exist. Given how over-rated Brady is, by both so-called experts and bettors, you have to figure the Pats are getting a few free points. Pats all day but I'll wait for the line to drop.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Some mighty fine handicapping there Seadweeb

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

as a dolphins fan this is a tough one. Miami should have beat Seattle but made so many mistakes including Stiles dropping that TD bomb. Miami could win outright or lose by 2 TD's.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Miami's biggest advantage in this game is/was their defensive line against the Pats' banged-up offensive line but with Earl Mitchell out for the year and Mario Williams going through concussion protocol and questionable for Sunday, the Fins probably lose some of that edge up front.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Miami's biggest advantage in this game is/was their defensive line against the Pats' banged-up offensive line but with Earl Mitchell out for the year and Mario Williams going through concussion protocol and questionable for Sunday, the Fins probably lose some of that edge up front.
    very true about Williams. Having DeVante Parker available will be huge and could give the Pats secondary headaches as to who to cover with Landry and Stiles. Looks possible he will be ready but hamstrings are tricky.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Miami is an awful team that for some reason plays Pats well most of the time. I won't touch the game.

trillz
    trillz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4470

Pats -6.5 it is thanks seaweed. Miami is not good, Seattle always starts slow only reason that week 1 game was so close.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1902

Bill Belichick is the smartest head coach in the NFL and Tannehill played like shit previously against the Patriots defense.
    Patriots or no bet.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Pats -6.5 for me. I agree that Miami defense could pressure Jimmy G, but bigger issue could be Miami offense, Belichick will undoubtedly take away Landry so how will Dolphins score? Whereas I do expect New England to find way for score enough to cover. I would have made this line -7.5.

thedude404
    thedude404's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

doesnt Miami have 2 starting rookie off linemen? Tannehill was sacked 5 times last week. And the Pats have historically controlled Tannehill. I'm actually looking for Miami to have one of, if not the, lowest scoring offenses of the week. Probably not betting the game, but wouldnt be suprised by NE winning by double digits.

TTA_President
    TTA_President's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Kenny stills. Not stiles

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Tough one to call. Fins are not that bad on paper, underloved thats for sure. How good is Jimmy G?

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

If Miami was at home this would be an auto bet, but in Foxborough they dont cover these small spreads very often.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

this spread is only good for a 6 point teaser bet on pats, yeah thats what i will do..pats and giants teaser and parlay

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    Im on the other side ....Pats -6.5 ...The D is for real and that backup can start for most teams in the NFL ... sees the field , gets the ball out fast , goes through his progressions , reads the D and makes the right pass ...... This kid wants to impress the home fans ! I say he does exactly that ....Pats 31 - Miami 20 ..... its going over 42
    Key words

KID

WANTS

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by TTA_President View Post
    Kenny stills. Not stiles

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    I dont know if anyone realizes this but Belicheck is making a point with Brady out ! Thats the agenda
    True. With Brady out, the team knows that each and every one of them needs to step it up a little bit. The Pats are good right now. Betting against them in their first home game of the season is not wise.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats -6.5 Belichick still sour over losing at Mia last year. Tannheill has thrown 7 Ints in NE 2 last year. Posted this the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Stackzilla View Post
    -.10 on the day this thread +1.03

No more plays tonight haven't been keeping up with S. American leagues but I do have a play I've locked in NE -6.5 -110

The Pats come in to this game after a huge +9.5 underdog win on the road in Arizona. MIA comes to NE after losing to the Seahawks but they did beat the spread of +10.5. Now although they beat the spread they did it vs Russell Wilson who wasn't 100% after getting an ankle injury early in the game, he still played the entire game but his mobility was limited therefore he was unable to play his dual threat style. Jimmy G played great Sunday night completing 24/33 passes for 264 yds. NE did has 2 turnovers which led to 14 points but come this sunday afternoon I'm sure the only turnovers we'll see will come from MIA. Ryan Tannehill has struggled playing in NE he has thrown 7 INTs in the 4 games he's played in Foxboro (4 thrown in his last 2 trips to NE). NE at home has outscored MIA 96-44 in the last 3 games. Belichick is still sour about losing to MIA in MIA last year. I may be a biased fan here but getting -6.5 is a gift and I think come Sunday that line may look like -9 get on it early.
    Last edited by Stackzilla; 09-16-16 at 06:42 PM.

House

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Key words

KID

WANTS
    How about these two

KIDS CAPABLE

Joeitaly
    Joeitaly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 419

ill wait and take mia +7.5 or more

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami +7 maybe but Pats D will get to Tanney Boy all day. BoL

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Tough one to call. Fins are not that bad on paper, underloved thats for sure. How good is Jimmy G?
    damn good. hes still underrated.

Stringer Bell
    Stringer Bell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2015

Mario Williams was questionable with a concussion but full practiced Friday and looks like he's playing Sunday, that's big. Mario along with many others on the Dolphins D-Line played really really good vs the shoddy O-line of the Seahawks, causing havoc all day. Rewatching that game the whole Dolphins D was really flying around and making plays vs. a pretty high powered Hawks offense (even before Russell had the ankle injury). Safety Isa abdul-quddus made an immediate impact from the safety position with multiple big plays alongside pro bowler Reshad Jones in the back of the secondary. There has also been a lot of talk by the team and fans about their new D-Coordinator Vance Joseph, and they backed him up with a great performance. I think the Dolphins are going to get to Garrapolo and force him to make mistakes. The Cardinals surprisingly (since it's their forte) did not rush him and didn't get to the quarterback making it a pretty easy debut for Jimmy G. The Pats O-line played pretty good vs. Cardinals but I think Miami has more firepower at the LOS that will cause some havoc.

Offensively, Miami wasn't great but they weren't terrible either vs. strong Seahawks D. They certainly have a weapon with Landry, and I thought Arian looked pretty damn good last week. DeVante Parker is back this week but whether that is a good thing remains to be seen. Dolphins also started clicking in the fourth quarter with a couple nice drives to end the game, 1 resulting in a missed FG and other was the go ahead TD. I have a lot of faith in new coach Adam Gase, thought some of the play calling was great, specifically some well timed passes to the RBs out of the backfield. We saw what Gase did to elevate Cutler's game, I really think he'll be able to improve Tannehill with the strong amount of offensive talent around him.

I like Dolphins getting the points and throwing some on the ML too. Obvious concerns include the travel over the last week and the Patriots D which did look pretty damn good. Gonna be tough to win in New England but I think they are giving up to many points, Phins should keep it close.

Stackzilla
    NGNG
    Stackzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone always forgets the Pats can run the ball pretty damn well. Miami still hasn't fixed the problems they had last year vs the run. Last year giving up the 4th most yards and 8th most TDs. Anybody see the big blocks Bennett was coming up with to help the run game? Yea they may get to Jimmy G but when your running the ball 1st and 2nd downs and picking up another 1st then repeating that over and over. That D is gonna have a long day and when Blount runs the Pats into the RZ Jimmy G going to have plenty of time to find any of his recievers.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

Any other plays today Weed? Have a feeling this one will be close to the number.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We will find out soon

If Pats romp I give the fuk up

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Game over.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308