Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I had a solid day thanks to Wyoming!

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Alabama came though when we needed them most!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

not happy

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's why books take bigger limits football

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Made it all up and more with Alabama and Clemson teaser. My bookie is not answering phone. He is hustling to liquidate his bitcoins to pay me in cash.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

noticed many jumped in on 1st week of college like there was form. much like the 1st week of pre-season nfl. teams were playing cupcake games with big spreads. tough to figure.

docwatson
    docwatson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 842

For me week 1 is historically good as the lines are typically weak, and based more on public perception. Week 2 is when you see teams usually make their biggest improvements of the season, and once again the lines will be more towards what the eyes saw last week.

The heaviest bet game yesterday was the bailout game of BYU vs Arizona with BYU having 61% of the Money (not tickets) on them. Nearly double on that game than Alabama vs USC, and well over double in the Wisky-LSU contest. The second biggest bet game was Clemson and they had 72% of the money on them. Books praised Dabo for not kicking the nail in the coffin FG.

The four biggest games wagered on yesterday, based on actual money, and not ticket counts. The Books went 2-2 on the sides and 3-1 on the totals.

BYU vs Arizona had 21k bets with 61% of the money on BYU and 84% of the money on the Over

Clemson vs Auburn had 14.8k bets with 72% of the money bet on Clemson and 82% of the money on the Over

Alabama vs USC had 12K bets with 69% of the money on Alabama and 65% of the money on the Under

Wisconsin vs LSU had 9.5k bets with 67% of the money on LSU and 59% of the money on the Under

Doc
    Points Awarded:

mncosoldier gave docwatson 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Ralphie Halves gave docwatson 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mighty maron

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

only a hamburger would risk his entire role week 1, gotta start slow and see where teams are at

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by docwatson View Post
    For me week 1 is historically good as the lines are typically weak, and based more on public perception. Week 2 is when you see teams usually make their biggest improvements of the season, and once again the lines will be more towards what the eyes saw last week.

The heaviest bet game yesterday was the bailout game of BYU vs Arizona with BYU having 61% of the Money (not tickets) on them. Nearly double on that game than Alabama vs USC, and well over double in the Wisky-LSU contest. The second biggest bet game was Clemson and they had 72% of the money on them. Books praised Dabo for not kicking the nail in the coffin FG.

The four biggest games wagered on yesterday, based on actual money, and not ticket counts. The Books went 2-2 on the sides and 3-1 on the totals.

BYU vs Arizona had 21k bets with 61% of the money on BYU and 84% of the money on the Over

Clemson vs Auburn had 14.8k bets with 72% of the money bet on Clemson and 82% of the money on the Over

Alabama vs USC had 12K bets with 69% of the money on Alabama and 65% of the money on the Under

Wisconsin vs LSU had 9.5k bets with 67% of the money on LSU and 59% of the money on the Under

Doc
    I agree it usually gets tougher until bowl season from week 1 so anytime I don't win it's disappointing.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I think week 2 you can still capitalize on flukes and flat teams though.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    I had a solid day thanks to Wyoming!
    Yes I had Wyoming over 12 2nd half, they had 7 with a couple minutes left and didnt have the ball and I fell asleep. Woke up this morning to see it went to OT and 27 2nd half pts, surprise surprise.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Doc
    Where do you know actual percentage of money? I used to know a site that purported it, but that was years ago, its still very deceptive. If real they could be counting teaser money, parlay money, round robin money any type bet on that team not just single side bets. They would never say how much is bet on a team, not even percentages for single side bets.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I'm curious too doc.

It seemed like the only major book mistake was the bama game though.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Same story different season....You guys are so caught up on the big time national TV games...Books messed up everywhere....How was Toledo a 4.5 dog to Arkansas state...won that game outright by a million....Army +15 vs Temple....they won that game outright by what...13 or more....come on....open your eyes guys....the smaller school games is the only way you will profit...

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Doc
    short, to the point, and with numbers to bolster his argument

please post more

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

decent week at football

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Bookmakers messed up first week with lines. What's new?

jjgold

Books maybe have 2 losing weeks a year and once in a while maybe 3 or 4

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

It's always easy in retrospect but, man oh man, how easy was that Michigan win over Hawaii? The Rainbows had just played one week earlier in Sydney, Australia, then had to travel across countless time zones to play in The Big House against a revved-up Wolverine squad, and with a 12 est start time. That's 6-7 am on their own body clocks. 63-3! It was a lay up, and yet somehow the $$ came in on Hawaii. Go figure......

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

lets do it again .. push up your bet size boys

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

holy fukk someone lost yesterday?!?!?!

usually guys are in here "Won every play, got a huge rooster and a dime sucked 6 feet of bedsheets up my ass last night."

mohye1980
    mohye1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4790

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Made it all up and more with Alabama and Clemson teaser. My bookie is not answering phone. He is hustling to liquidate his bitcoins to pay me in cash.
    you need to replace your Mickey Mouse bookie and get a real one.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Team that is always overrated and loses SU is always Wazzu. Favoured by 27.5 man wtf

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Buried yesterday but on a fast track for a 4-0 day we don't quit JJ

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

2-0 for me, got lucky with BYU.

What I do know is that I get buried week 2, every year. Gonna sit that one out. Patience is way underrated in this game.

jjgold

Action tonight
    Action tomorrow

Never quit

Make adjustments